Up the Coasters Best wins and worst losses in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gods_Son23

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd & Melb Vic
Losses Ordered
Rd 23 Vs Hawthorn (Watch this Adam. You can actually pinpoint the second where the season rips in half. This was the angriest I've been about sport for a while. He's apoplectic. Apoplectic, Larry!)
Rd 17 Vs Collingwood (Or " ")
SF Vs Geelong (As Adam said, our best and worst has been too far apart this year. 2 quarters of s**t. In this position because of the losses above.)
Rd 5 Vs Port (Nowhere near it from the start)
Rd 6 Vs Geelong (Another limp performance in Geelong)
Rd 12 Vs Sydney (Another limp performance against the Swans)
R1 Vs Brisbane (What a great way to start our premiership defense this was!)
R22 vs Richmond (A brilliant start that we couldn't maintain. The rain didn't help but they were already coming)

Top 5 Wins
Rd 15 Vs Hawthorn (Tough win in horrible weather. A goal in the final moments to win!)
Rd 3 Vs Collingwood (GF rematch. A sweet win)
Rd 10 Vs Adelaide (Oscar Allen!)
Rd 14 Vs Essendon (This was a relief after the trashing they had given us the previous few times we'd played them)
Rd 18 Vs Melbourne (A tense 'away' game against the inaccurate team that we ruined)

Best wins for me were Collingwood, because we have the talent to beat the best teams. And Adelaide, because we have the heart to come back from a big defecit.

Worst loss was Hawthorn, because it showed despite the talent and heart we were off the pace too often, and weren't going to win the flag.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I didn't watch the Hawthorn loss, so for me the worst loss of the year was Collingwood at home. We just packed up and went home 50 minutes early FFS. Win that and round 23 wouldn't have mattered.

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Losing that game against port was horrible. was in Europe when we lost to the hawks so cant comment on that but the messages my mates were sending me weren't overly happy.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Best wins for me were Collingwood, because we have the talent to beat the best teams. And Adelaide, because we have the heart to come back from a big defecit.

Agreed they were the best two.

The wins v the dogs, roos and the 2nd derby were the our other really good wins as they actually had a consistent near full game performance from the side.

Best: Collingwood, GWS and Hawks
Worst: Collingwood 2nd time, Hawks 2nd time, both Geelong games showed how far off the midfield pace we are.

We have to turn the physicality up to 10 against sides like Geelong and Sydney that have us covered for inside grunt. Instead we curled up into our shells.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Our game against Sydney was pure s**t. That and the Port game. Hawks game third.

We were flat against the Hawks and they out gameplanned us. But the drivel we served up against Swans and Port left us with very little wiggle room. Bank those wins in a decent season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Sydney loss needs to be ranked higher. The likes of Carlton, Melbourne, even Gold Coast have won there the last 2 years and we continue to be their bitch.
We got hit with injury and buddy came back. Was terrible timing at the end of the bye. Yes, a bad loss but one that many of us predicted.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We got hit with injury and buddy came back. Was terrible timing at the end of the bye. Yes, a bad loss but one that many of us predicted.

I'm sure that helps you sleep at night.
Just blame the injuries and Franklin..

Knowing even gold coast can win there....

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
I listened to Quarters and Duff's podcast and they rated our season a B+. Reckon it's a C+ at best, very disappointing season in my opinion. Strange losses to Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Brisbane and even Sydney who were extremely beatable this season. The Geelong loss last week was disappointing as we showed no fight in the final term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back