Autopsy Best/Worst moments of 2017 so far - Get us through the bye/by/buy/bi

Remove this Banner Ad

Post you best or worst moments of the season so far.

Extra credits are given for video content.

You might post:
  • Best or worst Melbourne moment
  • Best or worst footy moment
  • Whatever else you bloody want!

Best was beating the saints round 1. Eat a ****, Alan Richardson.

Worst lingering image was that norf spud leering over a wounded Vince. Gross.

Best goal - Clarry v Adelaide.

Thought: Goody is a tactical genius but couldn't motivate a fat woman to eat cake. Our Adelaide win was motivated by doing it for Jesse, our essendon win was motivated by doing it for Jesse, our Carlton win was motivated by Jordan Lewis's fist, and the other two wins came about after the opposition ran out of gas. On the positive side though, to be 5/5 after being without Gawn, Hogan, Lewis and Spencer for large chunks of the season is admirable.

Best - The third quarter against Adelaide when we were battering the bejesus out of them
Worst - first quarter against Hawthorn was the 2012/13 style drizzling shits.

Overall best - any time a home crowd with an overwhelming majority go home defeated
Overall worst - realising that $cully is going to win a flag and that I'll have to raise the white flag like that bloke and admit that he's won the war.

Best goal: Frost roost v North, or Clarry v Crows
Best game: Crows and then Saints.
Worst moment: Gawn/Hogan injuries.
Most frustrating game: v Cats, v Freo, any of our losses really.
Best footy moment: Mundy sinking the Tigers.
Oddest: Traeger Park playing the Suns song/wrong Dees song after the win

Our best: Adelaide win was great but round 1 following the pre season hype was awesome!
Our worst: Letting that ugly hillbilly looking Fremantle bugger out the back to snatch it from us/Gawns injury
Others best: Watching Richwhat get done by 13 goals then backing it up with 3 consecutive losses under a goal!
Others worst: Current tv football commentary - more flogs on board than ever.

Best: Going to the Induction of Neita and Shane McGrath into our Hall of Fame last night and meeting a great bunch of young men. Two biggest highlights; meeting and chatting with the great Ronald Dale and having a beer with Clarry, no photos allowed. Had about a ten minute chat with Neita also, what a legend.
upload_2017-6-1_16-38-32.png

Best: Going to the Induction of Neita and Shane McGrath into our Hall of Fame last night and meeting a great bunch of young men. Two biggest highlights; meeting and chatting with the great Ronald Dale and having a beer with Clarry, no photos allowed. Had about a ten minute chat with Neita also, what a legend.
View attachment 376767

Awesome!

View attachment 376767
How is Ronnie Dale? I remember hearing a few years back that he is diagnosed with a slow progressive form of early dementia (I think?). I'd love to hear that he's going okay. I met him a few years ago and he seemed a lovely bloke.

How is Ronnie Dale? I remember hearing a few years back that he is diagnosed with a slow progressive form of early dementia (I think?). I'd love to hear that he's going okay. I met him a few years ago and he seemed a lovely bloke.
He was in very good spirits was enjoying his beer and I didn't get any indication of any issues in the very short time that I chatted to him PG, and he certainly is a damn fine bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best moment: Can't go past Adelaide like everyone else, watching the saints stand still with Striker475 was pretty good too
Worst: Norf or Hawks losses
Best Goals: Clarry agaisnt Adelaide, Frost vs Norf, Hunt vs Richmond
Favourite moment: Even though we lost the game, the crowd at ANZAC day eve was just massive for our club
Worst turnover: Bernie kicking straight to an essendon bloke
Worst Overall: Hogan's year thus far

Best: 85,000 at the G on ANZAC Eve. Incredible. Biggest game of footy I've ever been to.
Worst: The Hawthorn loss.
Best goal: The Watts 70m bomb v Geelong
Worst moment: Hogan cancer.

Best moment was the St Kilda win. Just loved everything about it.
Worst loss was the Freo one. To be up by 20 odd points and doing it easily and then just fall apart. Then get back into it only to blow it at the end just sucked.

Best goal- Clarrys boundary banana was just pure class.
Best quarter- 3rd against the crows and Cats both pleased me a lot.
Worst- first against either Hawks or Roos

Best: Holding off when about to torch my house half way through the second quarter against Adelaide and and third quarter against the suns.

Worst:Tigers, North, Hawks and Freo. Max and Jesse.

View attachment 376767
The highlight of my footy career was receiving a premiership medallion from Barassi. He was a really modest guy, looked like he really enjoyed his day even though it was only a small country league GF. A true champion. Tommy Haley was another legend who was happy to talk to anyone anywhere.

The highlight of my footy career was receiving a premiership medallion from Barassi. He was a really modest guy, looked like he really enjoyed his day even though it was only a small country league GF. A true champion. Tommy Haley was another legend who was happy to talk to anyone anywhere.

Tommy hafey took us for training one night. Was an absolute legend who did it for free out of kindness

Tommy hafey took us for training one night. Was an absolute legend who did it for free out of kindness
He must have taken training at very other club in Victoria. Did the exact same thing for another club I played with. By the way TK, I've made it as far as Maui, flying to Van in four days time. Big move is on.

He must have taken training at very other club in Victoria. Did the exact same thing for another club I played with. By the way TK, I've made it as far as Maui, flying to Van in four days time. Big move is on.
Now watch the Dees start charging to September now I've left the country. #MFCSS

I think he actually did the circuit and took a different one every night.
Very nice mate let me know how you like it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back