2. Fofana
3. Martinez

HM: T.Silva, Chilwell, Jota

Worst:
1. Havertz
2. Ramsdale
3. Willian

HM: Bale, Thiago, van der Beek

I've gone easy on Bale, Thiago and van der beek as honorable mentions as they havent played much due to injury or their manager not picking them. Likewise for young players bought on big money like Brewster and Fabio Silva. These two havent had much gametime to establish themselves. Silva for Wolves maybe getting more gametime now with Jimenez out. He has played the last two.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Gabriel has been a good signing, Jota been fantastic for us, Callum Wilson at Newcastle too. Hojbjerg at Spurs as well has been really good too.

Worst has got to be Havertz considering the amount of money paid. Willian was free but has been awful but that was expected.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Jota was playing fantastic until he got injured. Jesse Messi might prove to be the best loan signing.

Brewster would have to be the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
he was originally a jan loan signing made permanent in the summer
Yeah that's why I didn't mention him because of that technicality, I would say he was easily the best winter transfer window signing for last season though.

He'll be doing a hell of a lot of running tomorrow though....

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Martinez.

I wonder what Arsenal are thinking now watching Leno.

We would legitimately be bottom half without Martinez.
Leno has saved us several points himself.

Martinez wanted first choice football and the club did not want to stand in his way and deny him of it.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Leno has saved us several points himself.

Martinez wanted first choice football and the club did not want to stand in his way and deny him of it.
Oh I know the back story. I think if you went "schoolyard pick poll" and the other 18 clubs had to choose, it would end up in Emi's favour. Right now.

Might be different next year, certainly it would have favoured Leno before the season began.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Oh I know the back story. I think if you went "schoolyard pick poll" and the other 18 clubs had to choose, it would end up in Emi's favour. Right now.

Might be different next year, certainly it would have favoured Leno before the season began.
Doubt it. He's been good at times, but he seems to be being overrated because of his history. His saves he made the other week against Brighton were talked as if they were world beating when 7/8 were straight at him and only one did he actually have to dive for and make a spectacular save. He's had his bad moments as well which seem to be glossed over. Hell the English media were wondering if he was going to apply for UK citizenship and become he England #1 instantly.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Doubt it. He's been good at times, but he seems to be being overrated because of his history. His saves he made the other week against Brighton were talked as if they were world beating when 7/8 were straight at him and only one did he actually have to dive for and make a spectacular save. He's had his bad moments as well which seem to be glossed over. Hell the English media were wondering if he was going to apply for UK citizenship and become he England #1 instantly.
13 clean sheets to 8. It's not even close. More saves, higher rating by game.

Martinez PSxG best in the league by panels. It's double Leno's.

I've looked around a bunch of websites and I can't see one that rates Leno higher right now.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
13 clean sheets to 8. It's not even close. More saves, higher rating by game.

Martinez PSxG best in the league by panels. It's double Leno's.

I've looked around a bunch of websites and I can't see one that rates Leno higher right now.
Cleansheets mean dickall and xG is a overused stat with minimal evidence behind it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back