Best & worst signings of the season EPL 20/21

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleansheets mean dickall and xG is a overused stat with minimal evidence behind it.
The clean sheets by themselves, sure, if they were close. They're not.

Post Shot Expected Goals - Goals Allowed, again, by themselves, as an isolation, mean not much. But when you're saving more shots that are EXPECTED to be goals at double the rate in a comparison, added to clean sheets, added to your game rating, well, when these all get combined (plus many other "insignificant" stats), it gets kinda hard to keep arguing.

Unless you're going the Dennis Denuto defence. In summing up, it's the constitution, it's Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe, and… no that's it…it's the vibe. I rest my case.

Thats a cracking double save. Amazing reflexes to be able to parry the first effort away. His defenders are asleep though and the rebound looks a certain goal but not only does he stop it from point blank range, he even manages to catch it. World class.
Alisson could learn a thing or two ;)

Oh I know the back story. I think if you went "schoolyard pick poll" and the other 18 clubs had to choose, it would end up in Emi's favour. Right now.

Might be different next year, certainly it would have favoured Leno before the season began.
Leno is probably our POTS behind Saka.

Villa also do have more shots against per 90 - 13.8 to Arsenal's 11.5.
A 1.4 difference in saves per match is not that big a deal.

Fair shout but don't think it's as clear as EJW might think. Considering Leno also has the benefit of almost 20% more successful passes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dias and Raphinha are the two best signings of the summer. Raphinha probably the best given what they could profit on him inside of 12 months.

Brewster the worst and it’s not even close.

Imagine spending £40m on strikers and having to start McGoldrick

Villa also do have more shots against per 90 - 13.8 to Arsenal's 11.5.
A 1.4 difference in saves per match is not that big a deal.

Fair shout but don't think it's as clear as EJW might think. Considering Leno also has the benefit of almost 20% more successful passes.
Save percentage is save percentage though.

Dias and Raphinha are the two best signings of the summer. Raphinha probably the best given what they could profit on him inside of 12 months.

Brewster the worst and it’s not even close.

Imagine spending £40m on strikers and having to start McGoldrick
Good shout.

Hojberg would be runner up in our player of the season. 12m in current markets for a squad player isn't a rip off let alone a key player.

Bale finally fit and just on wages will definitely move up the tiers there.

Reguillon massively underrated. We've only lost twice when he has started at LB, West Ham last week and the Liverpool choke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back