Best & worst signings of the season EPL 20/21

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
This pic is on this page twice and is still not nearly enough.
Its probs my favourite pick from yesterday. These two guys have copped it most of the season(ive been a big critic especially of Timo) but they've both stepped up at the perfect time.

How can it not make you smile.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I feel for Rhian, he's been put under immense pressure with that price tag as a young kid. When it hasnt started well and no goals have come, the pressure has just gotten more and more and more.

I hope he turns it around next season, I think he's a good player and can score a bunch in the championship.

I feel for Rhian, he's been put under immense pressure with that price tag as a young kid. When it hasnt started well and no goals have come, the pressure has just gotten more and more and more.

I hope he turns it around next season, I think he's a good player and can score a bunch in the championship.
:think:
1622465836186.png
1622465852479.png

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vastly different as Kai Havertz already had runs on the board. He had played and done really well at the top level in Germany, he had played 150 games in the Bundesliga, scoring 46 goals to boot.

Brewster on the other hand had played 4 times for Liverpool. Had a brief but successful loan spell in the Championship. Then was expected to save Sheffield United from relegation and score a ton of goals.

He certainly wasnt worth the massive price tag on his shoulders given his previous experience whereas Havertz absolutely was.

Pretty different scenarios.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Seems to me you've used age and pricetag as a reason to feel for Brewster given the immense pressure and then given reasons why there's more pressure on Havertz at the same age.

Havertz was an established Bundesliga player that cost 80m. Brewster came off a season in the Championship and cost 23m. The two simply aren't comparable.

And if Spurs defended as well as you defend your idol Levy you would have won the last 5 league titles in a row.
Just shows how little you pay attention. Twice now you’ve made that comment...

I am ENIC out like everyone else.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I didn't call him a flop though, I just said he's in that conversation more than Havertz is. I agree he's not and is starting to look better, but it's exceedingly harsh to even be talking about Havertz as a flop.

Very impressive transfer window by Chelsea - werner. Havertz. Silva. Chilwell starting the CL final. Plus mendy

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Doubt it. He's been good at times, but he seems to be being overrated because of his history. His saves he made the other week against Brighton were talked as if they were world beating when 7/8 were straight at him and only one did he actually have to dive for and make a spectacular save. He's had his bad moments as well which seem to be glossed over. Hell the English media were wondering if he was going to apply for UK citizenship and become he England #1 instantly.
Cleansheets mean dickall and xG is a overused stat with minimal evidence behind it.
Goal.com team of the season
Skysports Carragher and Redknapp TOTS
90min.com TOTS
premierleague.com Alan Shearer TOTS

Now, this isn't me, these are pundits. You didn't like stats like save %, saves v expected saves, clean sheets, any of the normal stuff. The measures. So other experts opinions, are they rubbish as well? Do I need to find something else?

Will you concede now that he has been a superb signing, has performed better than Leno, and has been recognised as one of the better keepers in the PL this season?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Goal.com team of the season
Skysports Carragher and Redknapp TOTS
90min.com TOTS
premierleague.com Alan Shearer TOTS

Now, this isn't me, these are pundits. You didn't like stats like save %, saves v expected saves, clean sheets, any of the normal stuff. The measures. So other experts opinions, are they rubbish as well? Do I need to find something else?

Will you concede now that he has been a superb signing, has performed better than Leno, and has been recognised as one of the better keepers in the PL this season?
Oh yeah, sure cause a couple of useless pundits selected him. Just give him the Yashin trophy.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah i think Havertz would be under more pressure of expectation than Brewster myself.
The thing was, I wasnt comparing the two? I was just talking about Brewster and the pressure he was under. I mean he is basically a nobody bought for a club record and having no experience at the top level. Poor kid was under immense pressure and it didnt work out for him.. yet. I think he will bounce back in the championship.

It had nothing to do with Havertz though who I'm sure was under immense pressure also. Didnt go super well for him but better than it did for Brewster and in the end he had an good end to the season for Chelsea and I think Kai will come on in leaps and bounds next season.

No idea why Chelsea fans felt they had to compare the two when I wasnt even talking about Kai.

Back