best/worst superhero

Remove this Banner Ad

CrazyDon

Senior List
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok name your favourite superhero and worst superhero of all time.

Only rule: worst superhero can't be a one of gimmick like
Cypher.

They need to have ran at least 4 seasons and still be found in comic book stores.

Best:
Deadpool: Bloke is a maniac mercenary. Like wolverine has the healing factor.

WORST:
Daredevil. Not just from the movie, but has no real power.. just see's through vibrations.. really Stan Lee?

Best:
Batman. By far the best villains in comic book history and has lead to many imitations such as green arrow. I would love a new comic series or longer series based on the Thomas Wayne batman from Flashpoint. Also the new characters they come up with for batman like Talon and Harper Row.

Green Lantern. The long run Geoff Johns did on green lantern was almost always great. with bringing back Hal and expanding the lanterns further. in the last few years i think Kyle has had the most interesting stories. Even the Hal as the Spector stories were worth reading

Wonder Woman. in recent years has had some amazing arcs.

The Spector. i just love the stories. wish DC would give him his own book again, The whole thing just works, but works best in the older timelines, and not current day timelines.

The Flash, has one of the top 5 Rouges Gallery's and seems to get some of the better writers

Worst:
Shazam/Captain Marvel. The character has never done anything for me
Hawk and Dove. Never interested me
Tim Drake, Ohhh how i couldnt care less about him
Aquaman, Other than Throne of Atlantis and a hand full of other i have not liked many of the stories.
Superboy.

Favorite villians
Harley Quinn, Joker, Sinersto, Vandal Savage.

Wolverine will always be one of my favs. Just has such a good background and such an indepth story. I love how he's been involved with just about all the other big Marvel characters.

Worst IMO would have to be Antman. I just can't get excited about that guy.

I always thought animal man had some interesting and original powers. Dr Manhattan also.

As for the lamest I've never really liked mr fantastic. He's just stretchy.

Best Marvel: Spiderman
Worst Marvel: Squirrel Girl

Best DC: Batman
Worst DC: Vibe

Best: Bats. Always drawn to Batman more than any other since I was a little kid. It's the gothic, dark, gritty stories, the creepy, memorable rogue's gallery, his intellect, detection, gadgets, everything.

Worst: Plastic Man. Ugly costume, lame name, cringy jokes. Although he gets points for impersonating Wonder Woman's dress once and getting her to 'wear' him. :D

Never seen this before. I have a sleeve dedicated to my favorite marvel characters.

Hulk
Daredevil
Wolverine
Storm
Spiderman
Cap
Ant man
Wasp
The punisher
Elektra

Cant stand the flash, wonder woman and Loki.

Probably an argument to mount for Superman being the best and the worst at the same time here. Obviously iconic and arguraby the most powerful but also by design inherently boring.

My Fave: Cap. The history and being an actual propaganda tool for WW2 is epic historically. Then his death of Cap storyline remains my favourite. Some of the artistry of him from the war is just brilliant too.

Best:
Novice Batman, as in when he is in the early years as the caped crusader. Thought the new movie did it very well and there are tons of comic runs that do it justice as well.
Spidey, I grew up on the 90s animated series, and then you had some incredible comic book runs in the 90s (we don't talk about clones), and then you have the Toby movies. Hell you can throw in just about all the different Spideys. The OG Parker, Spider Gwen, MM, especially with the Spider Verse movies.
Iron-Man was a fave growing up in the comics, RDJ did the character a massive service in the movies. Nuff said.

Worst:
Superman, but as much as I don't like Supes due to being a bit OP, I love that his character inspires the villains for shows like Invincible and The Boys. The media where Supes is the bad guy tends to be more appealing.
Green Lantern. Just does nothing for me at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back