Best XI of the 1970's (interactive voting thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

My family was involved in the anti apartheid movement and rebel tours were beyond the pale at the time. I haven't much softened my views on the Australian or English players going to South Africa beyond time mellowing youthful radicalism but the West Indians, and I'm guessing the Sri Lankans as well were faced with very different circumstances I've come to realise.
There were a lot of West Indian players on the fringe of the Test side that saw the tour as a means of making some reasonable money out of cricket. They were all banned for life in the West Indies and ended up playing all around the world. Hartley Alleyne was a fast bowler who played district cricket here for St Kilda and Sub District for Brighton. He was frightening.

Only the back foot must be inside the return crease; there is no restriction on the front foot. So, the first delivery was not a no-ball. And wasn't called! The second was clearly a no-ball and was called.
Your'e correct. For some reason I saw it as his back foot.
21.5.1 the bowler’s back foot must land within and not touching the return crease appertaining to his/her stated mode of delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back