List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

6 weeks ago Sam Weiderman shouldn't have been a nomination but fu** he's playing well at the moment. Attacks the ball in the air as well as anyone in the comp at the moment.
yeah im going to ask, What the * happened 2 months ago? It's like when Mcdonald was removed from the forward someone flipped a Switch and he went super saiyan and started really anchoring the attack, and melbourne suddenly became while not a great football side, a heck of a lot better then they were the past 18 months

Was Naughton a back in the juniors? Incredible to see how effective he has been as a young KPF in such a short time. He is a jet.

Yup, also spent his first year in the AFL down back coming fourth in the best and fairest.

Yup, also spent his first year in the AFL down back coming fourth in the best and fairest.

I don't think people give him enough credit. Forward craft, spacing, and other things are needed to be learned to be a successful forward. Also, the fact that young forwards (who have played forward their whole junior careers) struggle to adjust. That's really, really impressive. Scary to think what his ceiling is.

Was Naughton a back in the juniors? Incredible to see how effective he has been as a young KPF in such a short time. He is a jet.
Yeah bizarre. He was always a swing man but I was of the belief that him playing forward was an in case of an emergency break glass sort of thing. Seems it’ll be the opposite now.

yeah im going to ask, What the fu** happened 2 months ago? It's like when Mcdonald was removed from the forward someone flipped a Switch and he went super saiyan and started really anchoring the attack, and melbourne suddenly became while not a great football side, a heck of a lot better then they were the past 18 months
Yeah it’s s bit of a mystery. Maybe he just found the confidence knowing he was the main man, but i tell you what. If he stays in this form he’s as good as any KPF young or old.

Yeah Naughton was really impressive kicking 6 goals against the Crows witches hats but he still struggles against good defenders. laughable that people rate him ahead of Max King or even Ben King.

Yeah Naughton was really impressive kicking 6 goals against the Crows witches hats but he still struggles against good defenders. laughable that people rate him ahead of Max King or even Ben King.

His biggest hauls last year were 5 against the premiers in Richmond, 4 against Geelong and 3 against Brisbane. But yeah, good point 👍

yeah im going to ask, What the fu** happened 2 months ago? It's like when Mcdonald was removed from the forward someone flipped a Switch and he went super saiyan and started really anchoring the attack, and melbourne suddenly became while not a great football side, a heck of a lot better then they were the past 18 months
Not sure, seems like maybe someone told his career was stalling and he needed to do something about it. I think with McDonald in the side he didn't know his place and was hesitant, when he was made the man he just owned his space all of a sudden and relished being the guy. Im normally a harsh marker of our blokes but he's genuinely one of the best keys in the league ATM.

Not sure, seems like maybe someone told his career was stalling and he needed to do something about it. I think with McDonald in the side he didn't know his place and was hesitant, when he was made the man he just owned his space all of a sudden and relished being the guy. Im normally a harsh marker of our blokes but he's genuinely one of the best keys in the league ATM.

Or maybe it’s because he’s a young KPF who‘s starting to mature.
You know, like having the maturity of body and the fitness to play a key position role within the elite competition in the country.
You know, that stuff that takes a young kid three to five seasons to achieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe it’s because he’s a young KPF who‘s starting to mature.
You know, like having the maturity of body and the fitness to play a key position role within the elite competition in the country.
You know, that stuff that takes a young kid three to five seasons to achieve.
Haha
You know, you're a bit of a *******.

Plugger, I’m not sure you realise Naughton has been out injured most of this year. I’ve seen Naughton have the better of Darcy Moore, Sam Collins and Harris Andrews, Harry Taylor. Adding Daniel Talia to the list now. It’s not laughable at all that people rate Naughton above the King brothers. You do know that he led contested marks in the Comp last season as a 2nd year player. Will be interesting to see where max and Ben finish in that stat this season. I think Naughton is the best launcher at the ball out of those 3 but King boys have a few inches in height on him. Naughtons hands are as good as anyone’s I’ve seen play the game. Think of Stewart Lowe with a good leap. Max is the same with his hands. I can’t split Max and Aaron. Will both have all time great careers in my opinion.

Do yourself a favour plugger, watch Aaron’s contested marks from last season and tell me Ben King is having just as good a season?

I’ve still got nightmares of Naughton playing us last year and our defence is anything but witches hats! He toke 9 contested marks (second to Carey (10)) and kicked 5 so people have good reason to rate him above the kings at the moment

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont really have an order of 5 because the development stages are different for all 5 and its too early, but the 5 Id take on different tiers are:
M & B King, Naughton >
Harry Mackay>
Oscar Allen>
The rest.

These 5 sit pretty clear on the list above the others.

Disagree with Harry McKay and Oscar Allen being listed ahead of Sam Weideman let alone "sit pretty clear above" the rest.

Allen is impressive but rightly doesn't get to be a focal point with Darling and Kennedy, hard to make a case for him against a guy that is a focal point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back