List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

30 m out in front of goal you still need someone who can actually mark the ball to get the chance to kick the goal. Who does it better than Naughton and McKay? Certainly not butter fingers Max King.

Thilthorpe Kosi and Lewis are all taking strong pack marks.

The best key forwards are not the ones taking the marks. They are the ones kicking goals.

Thilthorpe Kosi and Lewis are all taking strong pack marks.

The best key forwards are not the ones taking the marks. They are the ones kicking goals.
You’re seriously deluded if you don’t think Naughton isn’t one of the best young key forwards in the game.

Mckay is significantly better than Naughton as a key forward
McKay and Max King have better forward nous IMO than Naughton, but Naughton is the most natural footballer of the group.

Naughton Could be a All Australian at both ends of the ground, get bag of goals one week and blanket the opposition forward the next.

At least we all can enjoy their careers and hopefully we are shittalking about gun players in 10 years time.

Naughtons a lead up CHF. McKay a stay at home FF.

Naughton was taking grabs on the HBF today.

McKay currently better but reckon Naughton has higher ceiling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughtons a lead up CHF. McKay a stay at home FF.

Naughton was taking grabs on the HBF today.

McKay currently better but reckon Naughton has higher ceiling.

McKay’s ceiling (and current output pending second half of season) is Coleman medalist/AA FF.

Is Naughton going to be winning Brownlow’s on top of that?

Mckay is significantly better than Naughton as a key forward
I do not think this is true.

I think McKay is playing well, but our other target is Levi Casboult in his twilight; we go to Harry more than the Dogs would go to Naughton. Bruce is demanding the ball, and that robs Naughton of a few goals a game that'd go in his direction otherwise.

Both played well today, and while McKay is leading the coleman Naughton won the game for his side.

I do not think this is true.

I think McKay is playing well, but our other target is Levi Casboult in his twilight; we go to Harry more than the Dogs would go to Naughton. Bruce is demanding the ball, and that robs Naughton of a few goals a game that'd go in his direction otherwise.

Both played well today, and while McKay is leading the coleman Naughton won the game for his side.

I actually thought Weitering smashed Naughton today. Was his worst game for the year tbh

I actually thought Weitering smashed Naughton today. Was his worst game for the year tbh
Weits played pretty well, but when you needed him to kick straight - the bit of the game he struggles with - he gave you two goals from set shots.

And I don't much like these pissing match threads anyway. I don't get why you wouldn't just be happy with McKay, Allen, Naughton, King in the first place.

Don’t forget Georgiades, he is younger and more inexperienced but he will turn out to be the best ;)
He's also 191cm and there hasn't been a Coleman medal winner that size since Fev in 2009. A fantastic realistic outcome for Georgiades would be Jack Gunston. A sublime player who played very well in grand finals. But at no stage was Gunston ever the best key forward in the game, and rarely was he the best key forward in his own team. I'd be backing Georgiades as the best 3rd tall and a super valuable player, but that's not the same as a genuine big bloke.

He's also 191cm and there hasn't been a Coleman medal winner that size since Fev in 2009. A fantastic realistic outcome for Georgiades would be Jack Gunston. A sublime player who played very well in grand finals. But at no stage was Gunston ever the best key forward in the game, and rarely was he the best key forward in his own team. I'd be backing Georgiades as the best 3rd tall and a super valuable player, but that's not the same as a genuine big bloke.
191cm was when drafted, he was 193cm at the start of this year. Same size as Schulz, he was a key forward. Will never be a Dixon/Hawkins but if he is kicking 60-70 goals what type of tall forward he is won’t matter.

Heard next year he will be up to 196cm anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back