List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity.. where would you play Anthony Godra in the modern day game man?
LOL ik what you're trying to do but it won't work mate.

The height of an AFL player has only gotten bigger, Dunstall, Lockett, Godra all not close to the same type of 200cm+ beasts that we have nowadays not that they wouldn't be as good but they'd probably be playing different roles although if they were born nowdays, they'd be taller.

Dunstall 191, Lockett 191, Godra 188, Ablett Snr 185 and Carey 192. Just to name a few were big key forwards.

Tho those blokes are the height of third talls and shorter than some midfielders.

The height of an AFL player has only gotten bigger, Dunstall, Lockett, Godra all not close to the same type of 200cm+ beasts that we have nowadays not that they wouldn't be as good but they'd probably be playing different roles although if they were born nowdays, they'd be taller.

Dunstall 191, Lockett 191, Godra 188, Ablett Snr 185 and Carey 192. Just to name a few were big key forwards.

Tho those blokes are the height of third talls and shorter than some midfielders.

Mate.. you've come out and said 'most are' 200cm 100 kilo behemoth types. You're effectively saying.. 'never say never man.. I'll leave the door sightly ajar for these Henry/Modra types to come in and have a crack at it'.

I'd love to see the combination of say a Henry/Naughton.. Henry/Lewis.. Henry/King.. as our 2 KPF's. Said so last yr so not pulling your bike chain mate. I've believed in it for a long time. It has more of that Reiwoldt/Lynch appeal to me. I don't think a King/Lynch combo would work. A King/Henry combo.. yes.. both a different style of player.. both brilliant.. both would compliment each other nicely.. one can't go.. the other one does.. unpredictability.. off the charts mate. And like I said earlier.. Henry has performed well in the KPF role.. unique set of skills. He wants the take on the responsibility of snagging the sausage roll. He wants to be the main man. He wants to be the 🌟.

Wait and see.. tipped him to snag 4 sausage rolls on Monday as a.. KPF!

He's had a bright start to his career.. and still has another 3 yrs to develop in to the role.

Sky's the limit.

Yeah at the Cattery !

Charlie Curnow is 192cm. I think Carey, Dunstall, Modra and Lockett would all be fine.

Ablest Sr perhaps more of a third tall but he kind of was anyway. Played up the ground a lot early in his career on the wing and half forward, and also played a lot alongside other tall forwards. Ollie Henry reminds me a bit of Ablett albeit not in the same tier obviously

Charlie Curnow is 192cm. I think Carey, Dunstall, Modra and Lockett would all be fine.

Ablest Sr perhaps more of a third tall but he kind of was anyway. Played up the ground a lot early in his career on the wing and half forward, and also played a lot alongside other tall forwards. Ollie Henry reminds me a bit of Ablett albeit not in the same tier obviously
Curnow isn't 192, Sicily is listed at 188 but he'd be 192 nowadays and Curnow is probably 194/195, tho on the smaller side he's extremely athletic. Jump, strength (hidden) and lead speed. Henry tho 188cm..

Curnow isn't 192, Sicily is listed at 188 but he'd be 192 nowadays and Curnow is probably 194/195, tho on the smaller side he's extremely athletic. Jump, strength (hidden) and lead speed. Henry tho 188cm..

Yeah and Sic is listed at 188 when he isn't. Again i don't trust how players are listed at times, he's taller than that.
17799456_10155126328603334_208574631616891883_n.jpg

Charlie is very short for a Key forward. I've met and stood next to him. Hes just a freak of nature athletically

Charlie is very short for a Key forward. I've met and stood next to him. Hes just a freak of nature athletically
Wow, bit surprised tbh. Curnow is so athletic + he's super strong for his size.

He's a similar size to Sic (maybe slightly taller) i'd have Sic at 192 and Curnow 193 but it's a cm.

193 would be the bare minimum for a third tall or key forward nowadays, Gunston plays it at 193cm tho he plays smaller at times.

Still, this all started cause a donut compared eras and HENRY to a KPF.

He's wrong, thanks for your comment and good day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a similar size to Sic (maybe slightly taller) i'd have Sic at 192 and Curnow 193 but it's a cm.

193 would be the bare minimum for a third tall or key forward nowadays, Gunston plays it at 193cm tho he plays smaller at times.

I've also met Sic, didn't stand next to him as I did with Charlie but he did seem a fairly similar height to Charlie going off a visual estimate. Damn good golfer too

I've also met Sic, didn't stand next to him as I did with Charlie but he did seem a fairly similar height to Charlie going off a visual estimate. Damn good golfer too
Sic indeed does love his golf haha, he, Gunston and Mitchy Lewis are probably our best 3, Shiels/Breust don't mind it.

Sic listed at only 188 is why i am not overly fond of listed heights sometimes and eye test works.

So you were wrong, doubled down on being wrong... and you still want to keep going?

How can you argue that 193 is the minimum for KPF when the current Coleman medallist leader is less than that?

And for what it's worth, Ablett played much of his career as a HFF - he was named on the flank in the 1989 GF for example. What he had was exceptional leaping and marking ability and great timing pushing forward, stretching defences. I guess today he would be considered a third tall, but that doesn't really do it justice. Stylistically, I stand by the comparison to Ollie Henry as a modern day equivalent, albeit with a talent gap (as there is from Ablett to anyone really)

So you were wrong, doubled down on being wrong... and you still want to keep going?

How can you argue that 193 is the minimum for KPF when the current Coleman medallist leader is less than that?

And for what it's worth, Ablett played much of his career as a HFF - he was named on the flank in the 1989 GF for example. What he had was exceptional leaping and marking ability and great timing pushing forward, stretching defences. I guess today he would be considered a third tall, but that doesn't really do it justice. Stylistically, I stand by the comparison to Ollie Henry as a modern day equivalent, albeit with a talent gap (as there is from Ablett to anyone really)
Again he’s slightly taller than Sicily who’d be about 192 and it’s a genuine cm. It’s not a big deal.

Again this all started because someone who has no clue or is a troll thinks Henry is a KPF which is beyond wrong.

Clubs just use the draft year numbers and dont bother updating ?

So if a player has a late growth spurt you still see the old numbers.

Sicily is only a tiny bit shorter than Gunston. I dont think he is 2 inches shorter.

Clubs just use the draft year numbers and dont bother updating ?

So if a player has a late growth spurt you still see the old numbers.

Sicily is only a tiny bit shorter than Gunston. I dont think he is 2 inches shorter.
^

Charlie's posture isn't the best there. Shoulders/knees higher than than Silvagni.

Thats Charlies posture all the time, very hunched over bloke for whatever reason. Either way he is still quite a short KPF by any measure

No doubt. Freak of an athlete and gets in to good positions.

Cream always rises to the top.

Think charlie is the best young kpf in the game. hugely exciting talent. max/ben king also right up there

naughton should've been settled in defence where he would be more value to the dogs imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back