List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask me in 12 months when we need a Hawkins replacement. I like Naughton and Max King the most though.

Liability but he avgs more goal assists than Curnow (who is one of the best)

This is the worst take ever good stuff
Just because Charlie is a good kick doesn't mean he looks for assists a lot lol. Buddy is one of the best field kicks around but he was never a renowned for his goal assists.

Are you disagreeing that Naughton is a below average kick all around?

I excluded 2020 in single year analysis only due to the reduced time of covid :drunk:

Care to comment about their 2019-2022 seasons?? 4 year sample size, just admit you're clueless.
Why would you need to exclude a full season when you're making a comparison, where both players played to the same conditions? How dishonest.

Here are the stats you selected, what a coincidence that it makes your man look not quite so good:
Goals: 0.6 v 1.2
Contested Marks: 0.4 v 1.7
Disposals: 5.8 v 7

Lewis is much improved but it's a ridiculous claim to say that he's been on the same level as Naughton for years.

Why would you need to exclude a full season when you're making a comparison, where both players played to the same conditions? How dishonest.

Here are the stats you selected, what a coincidence that it makes your man look not quite so good:
Goals: 0.6 v 1.2
Contested Marks: 0.4 v 1.7
Disposals: 5.8 v 7

Lewis is much improved but it's a ridiculous claim to say that he's been on the same level as Naughton for years.
Yet I included 2020 when I did the averages between 2019-2022 and there's a line ball difference :straining:

Do you really want to compare season for season in a year where Lewis played 8 games and 3 of them he was injured early, or would you rather compare the two over the entire 2019-22 period 🤔 Which one gives a more honest summary??

Just ignore 19 and 22 where he's averaged more goals and you call me dishonest. :drunk:

Last edited:
Just because Charlie is a good kick doesn't mean he looks for assists a lot lol. Buddy is one of the best field kicks around but he was never a renowned for his goal assists.

Are you disagreeing that Naughton is a below average kick all around?
Yet they’re pretty close in goals too?

Im not disagreeing he’s a pretty poor kick at times - although he’s definitely not a liability with his field kicking and “one dimension” comparisons to Casboult are completely ridiculous, he’s as far from one dimensional as you get.

He takes pack marks good on the lead kicks lots of goals has the best defensive pressure in the comp for a tall, reasonably high goal & score assists, plays CHF and FF, takes the inside 50 ruck contests. I mean what else do you want him to do to be not one dimensional - he’s our main forward lmao does everything expected of him

I really would like to see Naughton move to CHB which might be on the cards once Darcy and JUH fill out.

Will maximise his advantages and hide his deficiency. Could be an all time great CHB with his skillset.

Neither of them hit the packs as hard as Naughton, what a waste down back when he's great viewing up forward.

His game would change dramatically down back.

But you’ve deleted his 2020 😂 you make it too easy to laugh at you.

Edit : Just accept they’re both great players and move on big horse. You’ve got a gooden but not everything is an internet dick swingin’ contest like you’re trying to turn this thread into.
What are you on about? I only said Lewis has been almost identical to Naughton for years despite the narrative it's his only good year, you're the one to s**t on a player

Yet they’re pretty close in goals too?

Im not disagreeing he’s a pretty poor kick at times - although he’s definitely not a liability with his field kicking and “one dimension” comparisons to Casboult are completely ridiculous, he’s as far from one dimensional as you get.

He takes pack marks good on the lead kicks lots of goals has the best defensive pressure in the comp for a tall, reasonably high goal & score assists, plays CHF and FF, takes the inside 50 ruck contests. I mean what else do you want him to do to be not one dimensional - he’s our main forward lmao does everything expected of him
Not asking for him to do anything else. As you said he's your main forward atm but imo he will never reach the heights the King twins as both of them are far better kicks in general field play and although Max has the yips in front of goal id still back him in at more angles and he can kick from far longer range with ease.

Would take the Kings and Lewis before him. Allen and Thilthorpe both will end up better too imo. Naughton would be the best CHB in the game but I doubt he ever reaches the same heights as a forward.

Yet I included 2020 when I did the averages between 2019-2022 and there's a line ball difference :straining:

Do you really want to compare season for season in a year where Lewis played 8 games and 3 of them he was injured early, or would you rather compare the two over the entire 2019-22 period 🤔 Which one gives a more honest summary??

Just ignore 19 and 22 where he's averaged more goals and you call me dishonest. :drunk:
I haven't ignored anything, that was you. I just love conveniently selective stat picking to try and prove a point. Even the 3 stats you've chosen are far from fully representative of what both players offer. And if we're ignoring games where players were injured then you'll need to pick out games in other years where that happened too.

Btw you haven't even gotten all of the numbers accurate in your original post either.

I haven't ignored anything, that was you. I just love conveniently selective stat picking to try and prove a point. Even the 3 stats you've chosen are far from fully representative of what both players offer. And if we're ignoring games where players were injured then you'll need to pick out games in other years where that happened too.

Btw you haven't even gotten all of the numbers accurate in your original post either.
Care to point out what I got wrong then? Pretty sure I picked 6 key stats to focus on not 3 ... should I pick more?

I didnt leave any games out I just ignored the enitre s**t show of 2020 for the single year break downs, I did how ever include 2020 stats for the total performance of the two since 2019... since you know that's what we're actually comparing

Last edited:
Care to point out what I got wrong then? Pretty sure I picked 6 key stats to focus on not 3 ... should I pick more?

I didnt leave any games out I just ignored the enitre s**t show of 2020 for the single year break downs, I did how ever include 2020 stats for the total performance of the two since 2019... since you know that's what we're actually comparing
I'm talking about the year by year comparisons you posted, obviously. No reason to leave out 2020 given both were playing to the same rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been mentioned already but Mitch Lewis is a serious talent.
Went under the radar due to the knee injury but a colossus of a young man.
He looks alright but Hawthorn don't give him enough chances and probably wont for the next few years. Same with Allen at WC.

Curnow missed 3 years and won the Coleman on return. No excuses :moustache:

Actually missed just over 18 months and won the Coleman in his 6th year with 64 goals in a side that (somehow) just missed finals

Oscars off the same layoff, in his 6th year, and on target for the same amount of goals in one of the worst teams in history

But no excuses....

Im guessing you know he missed 12 months of football prior to this year yeah?
That doesn't make him any younger though. He's a good player, but 24 isn't really young in an AFL sense.
It's obviously slowed his progression but he looks like he'll crack 50 goals this year for the first time.

Maybe check the dates and OP of the thread you entered beforehand?

That doesn't make him any younger though. He's a good player, but 24 isn't really young in an AFL sense.
It's obviously slowed his progression but he looks like he'll crack 50 goals this year for the first time.

Yeah ok he's s**t, I'll move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back