List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar Allen easily.

If he played for a Vic club, they wouldn't stop taking about him.
They already don't stop talking about him! Don't get me wrong he's incredibly talented but he gets more hype than the rest of the list, with Naughton only somewhat close.

Only Naughton and Allen can go back and play just as well

Not the point of the thread but just saying
I reckon Ben King would have a field day at centre half back, especially in a decent side. He was set to be a defender until Max got injured in the juniors.

Max wouldn't struggle either, just seems a bit less experienced and less well rounded at this stage, but he'd take plenty of marks not having to out body a defender.

The King's are sensational players, both will be stars imo

But only two named in this thread have played both ends successfully at the highest level. It's a very big tick for both I reckon

But only two named in this thread have played both ends successfully at the highest level. It's a very big tick for both I reckon
So to be the best young forward in the game you need to play in defence?

Seems as good of a metric as any.

Buddy won his first Coleman at 21, Jack Riewoldt at 22 and they pretty much raffled it for the next 6 years.

For all the buzz about other young KPFs, where are their Coleman Medals?
None are producing anything outstanding. McKay who I wouldn’t really can young though is a strong chance of the Coleman this year at 23

He looked very good today. I don't know much about him, but I would definitely be excited if I were a bombers' fan.
we all had him pegged as a 3rd tall, a la Gunston
And admittedly he's benefiting from Hooker (3rd in the coleman thanks), Wright and Stringer being in the side

What none of us saw was his hands being so strong. He reads the ball really well and just floats into the front of a pack and cuts it off.

Next up for us is Kaine Baldwin.
was rated 3rd best SA talent, but had 2x ACL's. Gonna be a nervous one every game if he makes it, but he looks a mountain of a kid at 18
legs like trees.

None are producing anything outstanding. McKay who I wouldn’t really can young though is a strong chance of the Coleman this year at 23
Yeah, not sure McKay counts as a kid anymore.

Allen's the best for me, just in front of Naughton (i'd have Allen kicking for the game ahead of Naughton)
But reckon Ben King will be the best of the current crop.

Yeah, not sure McKay counts as a kid anymore.

Allen's the best for me, just in front of Naughton (i'd have Allen kicking for the game ahead of Naughton)
But reckon Ben King will be the best of the current crop.
McKay isnt a kid anymore. 2015 draft.

He is potentially the best forward in the league right now though.

Id take him over Walker in any case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine Harry would go alright down back, given how his less talented brother is tracking at North.

McKay isnt a kid anymore. 2015 draft.

He is potentially the best forward in the league right now though.

Id take him over Walker in any case.
certainly putting a good season together.
Funny that he's sandwiched between two old guys having great seasons too.

Harry and Ben are the two i think can dominate the league

Got ridiculed at the time of saying it but that was a hell of a game from Harry today. He’s showing a lot for a skinny KPF.
Because he has no kicked 6 goals in 7 games and been held goalless 4 times.

I am not shitting on the kid, he has some talent and who knows what he will be down the track. But he is currently not in the top 10 best young key forwards of the game, that is why people ridiculed you for throwing his name up.

I am not shitting on the kid, he has some talent and who knows what he will be down the track. But he is currently not in the top 10 best young key forwards of the game, that is why people ridiculed you for throwing his name up.
At the time he had just played his first game and looked very promising. I'm not saying he is currently in the conversation, saying by the end of the season I think he will be and yesterday performance showcased why. So your statement is factually incorrect.

At the time he had just played his first game and looked very promising. I'm not saying he is currently in the conversation, saying by the end of the season I think he will be and yesterday performance showcased why. So your statement is factually incorrect.
No it isn't, you gave an opinion that people disagreed with. A good game yesterday does not change that.

If i was to say Kozi will be in the top few by years end i reckon most people would clown me as well.

Kings, Allen, Naughton.
there's 4.

Who else?
On the back of his 7 games, he'd be tracking top 10 young forwards....mainly in the absence of too many of them being around.

No it isn't, you gave an opinion that people disagreed with. A good game yesterday does not change that.

If i was to say Kozi will be in the top few by years end i reckon most people would clown me as well.
Maybe comprehension is slow with you so i'll stop conversing with you after this. Think quite a few actually agree with me now too based on the comments and responses after yesterdays game. Don't think anyone would have an issue with you saying the same about Kozi, you're not saying he is in the handful of best young KPF but you think he could be by the end of the season. He's shown glimpses so would be logical to extrapolate his rate of improvement over the course of a a season that he would be. Same as Jones.

People just like to s**t on others opinions for the sake of it.

Maybe comprehension is slow with you so i'll stop conversing with you after this. Think quite a few actually agree with me now too based on the comments and responses after yesterdays game. Don't think anyone would have an issue with you saying the same about Kozi, you're not saying he is in the handful of best young KPF but you think he could be by the end of the season. He's shown glimpses so would be logical to extrapolate his rate of improvement over the course of a a season that he would be. Same as Jones.

People just like to sh*t on others opinions for the sake of it.
if you picked 10 young forwards, who are they?

Kings, Allen, Naughton are stand outs.
McDonald, Thilthorpe, Kozi, Jones, Marshall, Georgiades, Riccardi are the rest i can come up with.

if you picked 10 young forwards, who are they?

Kings, Allen, Naughton are stand outs.
McDonald, Thilthorpe, Kozi, Jones, Marshall, Georgiades, Riccardi are the rest i can come up with.
Think this is pretty much spot on, still a big gap though from the stand outs to the rest at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back