Player Watch Best young Key Forwards -Curnow,Hipwood,Naughton,McKay, King Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton is better served playing the Scott Lucas/Robin to Batman type of role in all honesty.

You lot are worse than Richmond fans and they actually won flags.

Something that we will rectify within the next 2 years.

Naughton is not a pure FF IMO honestly reckon he is more useful and damaging to the Dogs at CHF, and when Josh Brucd comes back, plonk Bruce at FF.

My opinions have nothing at all to do with any so called Carlton bias, I am just not on high on Naughton as a match winning KPF as most others here.

1.7 is pretty bad, but let's not act like some of the best forwards ever wouldn't have games similar to that every now and then.
If he kicked 2.1.13 instead of 1.7.13, nobody would've batted an eyelid , it wouldve just been a reasonably quiet game from the big man.

People have been very critical of Kings kicking, try reading the thread. You’re just offended people rate him higher than Naughton. The ‘phresh’ one is a bit insecure.
I couldn’t care less where people rate him and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t break the rules and play the man.

1.7 is pretty bad, but let's not act like some of the best forwards ever wouldn't have games similar to that every now and then.
If he kicked 2.1.13 instead of 1.7.13, nobody would've batted an eyelid , it wouldve just been a reasonably quiet game from the big man.

Buddy kicked 1.6 and 1.7 on his way to kicking 118 in a season. Also kicked 2.11 the year before.

The key stat for King was having 9 shots on goal from 11 disposals. He will destroy teams.

I don't have stats on it, and he certainly misses his fair share of sodas, but Naughton's goalkicking also seems impacted by a problem which extends to the rest of the Bulldogs side this year - due to poor entries inside 50 and a weak structure (particularly without Bruce) a lot of the team's shots on goal seem to be from difficult positions rather than 15m out directly in front. He's at least improved his snaps.

Same issue as King last night, of his 7 misses most weren't easy, he just struggled to convert tricky shots and he had a lot of them.

Buddy kicked 1.6 and 1.7 on his way to kicking 118 in a season. Also kicked 2.11 the year before.

The key stat for King was having 9 shots on goal from 11 disposals. He will destroy teams.

He genuinely dominated, it just didn't show on the scoreboard
Hes gonna be kicking more and more bags soon and I can't wait to see it

You lot are worse than Richmond fans and they actually won flags.

Finally it's recognised!!!! Tiger supporters are feral...at least most waited until the club won something.

Once King gets his kicking in order, he will be fantastic. Not terrible now by no means. He has plenty of improvement left in him which is scary for the rest of the comp.

As for Naughton, geez some of you blokes are hard markers (I was going to say know little about the game). Naughton is early 20's and has already shown he's one of the best KF in the competition. He is being crucified (no pun intended given it's Greek Easter 👍) by being one out in a forward structure that makes it easy to defend against.

Finally it's recognised!!!! Tiger supporters are feral...at least most waited until the club won something.

Once King gets his kicking in order, he will be fantastic. Not terrible now by no means. He has plenty of improvement left in him which is scary for the rest of the comp.

As for Naughton, geez some of you blokes are hard markers (I was going to say know little about the game). Naughton is early 20's and has already shown he's one of the best KF in the competition. He is being crucified (no pun intended given it's Greek Easter 👍) by being one out in a forward structure that makes it easy to defend against.

Maybe if/when Naughton stops flopping/playing for frees so much, he might get more respect. He does it, but a bit more subtley than his more infamous teammates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the negative vibe towards Naughton, if he was at the Saints I would be stoked. Both him and King in a team would be unstoppable up forward. They would be a better 1, 2 combo than McKay and Curnow.

Ha ha ha

your logic is just dazzling, how could I disagree with your valid points.
Bud, you didn’t make any points yourself.

Stating you “think” Naughton and King would be better than Curnow and McKay, isn’t a “valid point”… try giving some reasons why they’d be a better duo before criticising others for their comments.

McKay averages a fair bit more frees than Naughton per game. Wtf are you on about.

Harry got a couple of lucky ones on the weekend I admit.

He still gets heavily chopped on the arms a lot cause of his height.

Anyhow I was too harsh on Naughton in hindsight, I will concede.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back