Player Watch Best young Key Forwards -Curnow,Hipwood,Naughton,McKay, King Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

Bud, you didn’t make any points yourself.

Stating you “think” Naughton and King would be better than Curnow and McKay, isn’t a “valid point”… try giving some reasons why they’d be a better duo before criticising others for their comments.
Champ, my comment was an opinion. If you want to tell me my opinion is wrong maybe try and do better than "ha ha ha". Then I want feel the need to comeback with sarcasm.

Naughton is better served playing the Scott Lucas/Robin to Batman type of role in all honesty.
Although he's quite good leading up on to the wings, he doesn't quite have the booming left foot kick that Lucas used to good effect.

Champ, my comment was an opinion. If you want to tell me my opinion is wrong maybe try and do better than "ha ha ha". Then I want feel the need to comeback with sarcasm.
Your “opinion” is just dazzling, how could I disagree with your valid “opinion”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has but isn't he a few seasons older than King bros and Naughton?

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Larkey is younger than Curnow, McKay & Hipwood, so he falls comfortably in the middle of this conversation.

Naughton is 18 months younger than Larkey and was spoken about like the next Wayne Carey earlier in this thread. He's had an underwhelming 2022 & 2023 considering the hype. Needs to take a massive step up in 2024.

Larkey is younger than Curnow, McKay & Hipwood, so he falls comfortably in the middle of this conversation.

Naughton is 18 months younger than Larkey and was spoken about like the next Wayne Carey earlier in this thread. He's had an underwhelming 2022 & 2023 considering the hype. Needs to take a massive step up in 2024.

Agree with Naughton he seems to be the same player he was in 2021 now.

Larkey has been improving slowly every season.

Ben King had the ACL so it's hard to judge his output this year.

Max likewise with his shoulder but personally no way he would have kicked 70+ but think he could do it in the coming seasons.

Agree with Naughton he seems to be the same player he was in 2021 now.

Larkey has been improving slowly every season.

Ben King had the ACL so it's hard to judge his output this year.

Max likewise with his shoulder but personally no way he would have kicked 70+ but think he could do it in the coming seasons.
Think he was more exciting in 21 than 22/23. Naughty doesn't seem to leap and kill packs (or almost himself). I can only assume it's coaching for longevity in the game

Larkey has really left Hipwood, Naughton, King brothers etc. in the dust hasn't he.

Crazy he couldn't even make this thread title.

Hipwood has serious competition in the Lions forward line though. Larkey has 71 and the next best is Stephenson on 26.

At the Lions

Cameron -53
Daniher - 51
Hipwood - 39
Bailey - 26
McCarthy - 23
Gunston - 22
Rayner - 20

Oscar Allen should be on the list. I'd take him over everyone on that list except Curnow.

So uh, what constitutes as young here. Curnow is 26, he's been in the league for 8 seasons which would be around the half-way point of his career.

23 and younger imo. In terms of actual young KPFs it's hard to go past the King brothers, McDonald, JUH and Amiss. The order can be however you like but they're all top prospects.

So uh, what constitutes as young here. Curnow is 26, he's been in the league for 8 seasons which would be around the half-way point of his career.

23 and younger imo. In terms of actual young KPFs it's hard to go past the King brothers, McDonald, JUH and Amiss. The order can be however you like but they're all top prospects.
the thread started in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back