Player Watch Best young Key Forwards -Curnow,Hipwood,Naughton,McKay, King Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a ******* stupid statement with little to no knowledge about footy

Kicking goals is definitely is the most important aspect of a key forwards game. Feel free to mount an incorrect argument to the contrary if you'd really like though.

Then how they get them, yeah it is irrelevant. I don't care if he's 7foot and plays like Eddie Betts or if he's Caleb Daniel size but plays like Tom Hawkins. As long as he can kick goals and isn't a massive liability going the other way it's all good. Sure things like pressure acts and contested marks are important, but they're not the most important.

The game has gotten over complicated the last few years but at the end of the day, being able to kick goals is how you win footy.

Well no, there were two of them. That makes a couple.

No there was only 1 Bulldogs supporter who did the rating before you snapped.

No big deal. You obviously have Naughton the lowest ranked so far on your list.

Come back with a report card on Aaron today. Number 33 for the Western Bulldogs. Playing on one of the best full backs in the competition.

2015 was an amazing draft for talls in hindsight. Even Weidaman is showing enough in patches to suggest he’ll be a decent forward.

Essendon supporters should be spewing with Francis at 6.

I've been frothing Naughton since he was 17 and beating up WAFL key forwards who were 10 years his superior. Wanted the Pies to draft him narrowly over Stephenson but I'd have ended up happy either way as it turns out.

He's a special one. Very confident he'll be the best on this list.

I've been frothing Naughton since he was 17 and beating up WAFL key forwards who were 10 years his superior. Wanted the Pies to draft him narrowly over Stephenson but I'd have ended up happy either way as it turns out.

He's a special one. Very confident he'll be the best on this list.
The fact that some consider him a more important player than Bontempelli speaks volumes, especially at age 19.

Who would you choose from this list of the best young key position forwards,

Curnow, Hipwood, Naughton, McKay, Himmleberg.

Not ignoring your list but at West Coast Oscar Allen is y2, & holding his spot in the 22, played key forward (knows where the goals are), no.2 ruckman & as a tall down back to replace McGovern/ Barass.
Obvious replacement for Josh Kennedy.

FYI going forward, not on the Melbourne media radar.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much between Hippy Naughton and Curnow - but for me Hippy has the highest ceiling of the three. Starting to win games off his own boot just needs to add some more bulk and consistency and could be the best player in the game ala Buddy

Between McKay and Curnow, I would have Curnow because of the style of play. McKay and Naughtan play a lot similar to each other, whilst Curnow and Hipwood play like each other.

I obviously love Curnow and McKay and at the same time Hipwood and Naughtan are my favourite players outside of Carlton.

I would go:
Curnow
Hipwood
Naughtan
McKay

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie Curnow (born 3 February 1997), debut 2016 , 192cm
Hipwood, 13 September 1997, debut 2016, 204 cm

Naughton, born 30 November 1999, debut 2018, 195cm

McKay, born 24 December 1997, debut 2017, 204 cm

3 players born 1997, only Naughton 2 years later.

Not a fair comparison of these four, Naughton on a different journey to date.

Last edited:
Whenever you see a thread without a hawks player you can guarantee you'll see several hawks fans putting forward ridiculous suggestions. Lewis Mitchell is a few tiers behind
Lewis isn’t a ridiculous suggestion though.

Between McKay and Curnow, I would have Curnow because of the style of play. McKay and Naughtan play a lot similar to each other, whilst Curnow and Hipwood play like each other.

I obviously love Curnow and McKay and at the same time Hipwood and Naughtan are my favourite players outside of Carlton.

I would go:
Curnow
Hipwood
Naughtan
McKay

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You guys did very well to nab these two in one draft.

You guys did very well to nab these two in one draft.

Blokes over 200 cm take longer IMHO, McKay & Hippy, bit different to Naughton @ 195 & Curnow @ 192.

In todays game the most comparable to Curnow & McKay are the Eagles Darling (191) & Kennedy (196) & Darling set the comp on fire in yr 2 with 53 goals - Curnow, if he is to make it as a big forward, needs the 2nd tall.

Top of this pile today IMHO Aaron Naughton.

Blokes over 200 cm take longer IMHO, McKay & Hippy, bit different to Naughton @ 195 & Curnow @ 192.

In todays game the most comparable to Curnow & McKay are the Eagles Darling (191) & Kennedy (196) & Darling set the comp on fire in yr 2 with 53 goals - Curnow, if he is to make it as a big forward, needs the 2nd tall.

Top of this pile today IMHO Aaron Naughton.

Interesting that Curnow is the same height as Berry

There was one the other was the one who made the post who had Hipwood ahead of Naughton so how are the bulldog people getting over excited based on one saying naughton first? can you explain?

Yeah look I've reread it and I'm happy to admit that I misread the OP and that I was wrong :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back