• Joe Daniher

• Tom Boyd

• Jesse Hogan

• Darcy Moore

• Peter Wright

• Patrick McCartin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfft Levi Casboult would rank up for Contested Marks and he would in the top 300 players in the league

He is kicking 40... he isn't kicking 70

But the way he is harped on about... you would think he has never lost a contest, he kicks 10 goals a game and Wayne Carey has nothing on him.... in summary, he is OVERRATED!
As good as Casboult 's contested marking has been he averages slightly less contested marks than Hogan in the period I referenced and he obviously doesn't have the smarts, tank or ability of Hogan. And I'm talking about a young player's stats from his debut game, not a seasoned player with one trick.

Weitering's ordinary performances as a key forward (you know 6 goals from 7 games) and being former number one pick should give you some clue as to how hard being a key forward is and how good Hogan has been. Hogan was third in contested marks in his first year on his way to 44 goals. Let it seep in.

But unfortunately I can't insert intelligence.

Obviously not playing as a key forward but boyd cops a raw deal because he doesn't dominate in the air much aside from the GF.

Was impressive last night around the ground. 19 touches and actually some quite skilful bits of play

Obviously not playing as a key forward but boyd cops a raw deal because he doesn't dominate in the air much aside from the GF.

Was impressive last night around the ground. 19 touches and actually some quite skilful bits of play

No doubt he's a talented footballer but this is a thread about key forwards which is a position that Boyd has shown very little in

2 or 3 good games in 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

You know this thread is about Key forwards, right?

Hey guys, I know rance isn't a key forward, but he's a pretty good defender and played a good game last night.

:$

You know this thread is about Key forwards, right?

Hey guys, I know rance isn't a key forward, but he's a pretty good defender and played a good game last night.

:$

Boyd is still in this poll though and will likely return to key forward once our best ruck returns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what about now eh?
What you bring this up now Hogan has hardky played this year and probably wont play much at all?

Good on ya

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bearing in mind McCartin has never kicked 3 goals in a game I thought I'd check how many times this modest total had been kicked by the poll participants. And while it's a modest tally it's not insignificant, as you'd kick over 60 goals if you played every game.

McCartin 0 from 20
Wright 5 from 28
Moore 4 from 35
Boyd 5 from 47
Daniher 18 from 79
Hogan 18 from 45

People seem to forget how many times Hogan has hit the scoreboard for an under 50 game player. He also has the versatility to be at home in the midfield. Hogan is the best footballer, although not as athletic as Daniher or Moore.

Hogan kicked 44 goals as a 20 year old. McCartin and Moore are 21 and will be lucky to kick 20.

I've always rated Daniher, but he and Hogan are very different footballers. They'd complement each other well if they were in the same team. Hogan is a mile ahead of the others and always will be.

People seem to forget how many times Hogan has hit the scoreboard for an under 50 game player. He also has the versatility to be at home in the midfield. Hogan is the best footballer, although not as athletic as Daniher or Moore.

I've always rated Daniher, but he and Hogan are very different footballers. They'd complement each other well if they were in the same team. Hogan is a mile ahead of the others and always will be.

Given Hogan despises chasing a man and refuses to compete if he's even slightly out of position there's no way he'd be at home in the midfield. Imagine all the flailing of arms for a free kick. You've often suggested hogan is this versatile gun but all available evidence at AFL level suggests if Hogan isn't parked inside 50 he's not having it.

You can cop out about hogan and Daniher being different footballers but the facts are Daniher is a much better forward and unfortunately for circumstances out of hogan's control he's got a massive leg up now in terms of continuity while in a development phase.

Given Hogan despises chasing a man and refuses to compete if he's even slightly out of position there's no way he'd be at home in the midfield. Imagine all the flailing of arms for a free kick. You've often suggested hogan is this versatile gun but all available evidence at AFL level suggests if Hogan isn't parked inside 50 he's not having it.

You can cop out about hogan and Daniher being different footballers but the facts are Daniher is a much better forward and unfortunately for circumstances out of hogan's control he's got a massive leg up now in terms of continuity while in a development phase.
You must have a permanent brown stain on your chin from the amount of crap you spout.

Hogan is very effective in the midfield every time he goes there. Your failed footy nous doesn't alter this.

In 34 more games Daniher has kicked 3 goals or more the same number of times. Since Hogan's debut game he's coming 4th in contested marks in the competition. It was third, but missing games has cost him that position.

Hogan is a gun 22 year old key forward who has tremendous improvement left in him and social media mendicants like you offer nothing but worthless commentary.

Bearing in mind McCartin has never kicked 3 goals in a game I thought I'd check how many times this modest total had been kicked by the poll participants. And while it's a modest tally it's not insignificant, as you'd kick over 60 goals if you played every game.

McCartin 0 from 20
Wright 5 from 28
Moore 4 from 35
Boyd 5 from 47
Daniher 18 from 79
Hogan 18 from 45

Hogan kicked 44 goals as a 20 year old. McCartin and Moore are 21 and will be lucky to kick 20.

Nobody forgets as Melbourne supporters never fail to mention it in some shape or form every few weeks.

Back