Remove this Banner Ad

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
'The Roar' posed this question using the following criteria:

• The player must have played under ten games.
• The player cannot be selected in the 2021 AFL draft (mid-season rookie draft is acceptable).
• The player must be under 21 coming into season 2022.

They went with Valente 🙄

Those criteria produce very slim pickings, but Chapman is the clear standout for mine.

• The player cannot be selected in the 2021 AFL draft (mid-season rookie draft is acceptable).

They went with Valente 🙄

Those criteria produce very slim pickings, but Chapman is the clear standout for mine.
They picked a guy who’s never played an AFL game? Lol
Chapman is obvious, Sturt next. Even NODDY would be ahead of Valente I’d say. Has Walker played 10 games yet?

They went with Valente 🙄

How the hell are they expected to judge whether a player is actually good when they've played less than 10 games? What a pointless question

"What players do you imagine will be the best based on Cal Twomey's predraft rankings"

The AFL rising star qualification is ten or less games and not yet 21 by the 1st of the year.

Age qualifiers (too many games):
Young, Henry, Serong, O'Driscoll, Treacy, Western, Chapman, Walker, Johnson, Benning, Amiss, Erasmus, Worner

Walker is bang on ten games and the last five didn't qualify since this standard didn't allow 2021 draftees.

So it's O'Driscoll, Western, Chapman

The AFL rising star qualification is ten or less games and not yet 21 by the 1st of the year.

Age qualifiers (too many games):
Young, Henry, Serong, O'Driscoll, Treacy, Western, Chapman, Walker, Johnson, Benning, Amiss, Erasmus, Worner

Walker is bang on ten games and the last five didn't qualify since this standard didn't allow 2021 draftees.

So it's O'Driscoll, Western, Chapman
That explains why they went for Valente.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s important that Young plays a solid season of AFL footy this year - 17 or 18 games at least. Has had some significant developmental interference already through injury (all too familiar, sigh).
Was an expensive draft investment and we gotta pump games into him now

I think it’s important that Young plays a solid season of AFL footy this year - 17 or 18 games at least. Has had some significant developmental interference already through injury (all too familiar, sigh).
Was an expensive draft investment and we gotta pump games into him now

Extremely exciting if we can! What he's shown so far has been super impressive for a newbie.

Word is that Erasmus is training the house down, which made me think.
Has there ever been a first year player that has had a serious impact in the last 10 years?
I could really only think of two: Rowell (in the first 3 rounds) and to a lesser extent Oliver.
Anyone else?

Word is that Erasmus is training the house down, which made me think.
Has there ever been a first year player that has had a serious impact in the last 10 years?
I could really only think of two: Rowell (in the first 3 rounds) and to a lesser extent Oliver.
Anyone else?
Dockers No:3

If Valente cant get a game this coming season I think it will be his last year with Freo. Contracted until the end of 2022, someone correct me
if I am wrong.

Even if he does get a game, he'd need to really impress to not be delisted regardless of contract situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back