News Best22Under22

Remove this Banner Ad

McKay averages more goals and marks than both Naughton and King despite playing in a worse side. Naughton kicked nearly half his goals in 1 game against the Crows when they were at their worst.
Naughton a surprising pick. Excellent talent but behind both Max King and Harry Mckay in both output and games played.

Bemusing they went the three talls when none had outstanding seasons. 2 stalls with Bolton on the bench would've been far more deserving.

Was surprised to see him there tbh. He’s only played half the games I think, and quite a few of those he was clearly underdone.

I'm not surprised, easily in the side

They're both elite young talents. Mckay's averaged more goals across the journey, even when accounting for age. Naughton's managed a couple bags, which Mckay hasn't done.

Splitting hairs really. Both are good prospects going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty surprised baker gets in but not Bolton

Baker is close to AA this year. I'm not shocked one single bit. Bolton to be fair has only played half a year in a shortened season in the midfield.

I'm not surprised, easily in the side
On ability and potential he’s probably the best of the bunch. But this year he’s spent half the year out with injury, and half the games he played he was underdone. In fairness, he did dominate a few games.

Ah well, I’m certainly not complaining anyway. Take all the accolades you can get.

He'd be top 5 targets for me for the Dons.
Fact there are rumours he and hopper could be available have me excited :p

Hopper would literally suit your side to a tee. Taranto would be ideal but he won't eave and would cost the farm. Hopper may firstly be more realistic and would still suit your side just as well. You need an inside bull, you haven't had one since Jobe retired really. Begley not coming on hurt (he's one other clubs will take a chance on imo)

Rankine in blows my mind. Had some great games but super inconsistent and out of gas by the last 3 games.
Charlie Ballard a bit stiff not to make it, happy with Luko and King

Aye. Ballard is very stiff as was J Berry who has been terrific all year.

Still it is an Award driven media hype (eg Balta and Rankine) and I suspect young fans may be the voters. Would love to know the demographics of the voters.

Still, congrats to all the nominees.

PS I think Hawkins would have voted for Tom McCartin after Sunday's game.

On ability and potential he’s probably the best of the bunch. But this year he’s spent half the year out with injury, and half the games he played he was underdone. In fairness, he did dominate a few games.

Ah well, I’m certainly not complaining anyway. Take all the accolades you can get.

Him dominating a few is more than the others have.

I'd have have picked Oscar Allen though he's the one that is criminally underrated.

What's your point caller? This a team supposedly based on this year....

There's no way he should be in there instead of Bolton or Serong

I'd still have picked him this season. His back half of the year has still been very good. Bolton has played half a season in the mid and thetas a shortened year. Serong is close anyway. Probably marginally outside, they rarely pick first year ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back