Bethesda - Indiana Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Teaser suggests this is the first for the new Lucasfilm Games label. God I hope it is close to The Fate of Atlantis in quality!

I haven't ever really been a fan of the Indiana Jones franchise, nothing against it just not something I've connected with, but as a game potentially in the Uncharted/Tomb Raider/Adventure/Puzzler mold this could be an awesome game as I love that game genre.

A solid developer behind it gives me high hopes. Definitely on my watchlist.

I haven't ever really been a fan of the Indiana Jones franchise, nothing against it just not something I've connected with, but as a game potentially in the Uncharted/Tomb Raider/Adventure/Puzzler mold this could be an awesome game as I love that game genre.

A solid developer behind it gives me high hopes. Definitely on my watchlist.

One of the greatest ever adventure games still even though it is 25+ years old

Posted this earlier today in the Random Games Thread as based on the news it sounded like it was a fair way off.

Either way pretty excited for this. With Bethesda though a bit wary, although most devs these days have gotten the public offside.

I can't wait to see how they jam live services into it.

"Do you want Indy to swing across the chasm?
If so, pay $5.99 for our premium rope lootcrate"

Which MachineGames games have microtransactions or live service?

Any game that has Bethesda attached to it I'm wary of.

Hope I'm proven wrong but I have don't have much faith in Bethesda anymore.

Fair enough, I feel with MachineGames having a pretty solid history of single-player focused games this one should be safe.
But with Microsoft owning ZeniMax and Todd Howard being a part of it, this could take the game in a different direction.

Fingers crossed we don't get MTX trash!

Love Uncharted and Tomb Raider, so if it’s like that in terms of being a great adventure game with puzzles etc, big win for me.

I wonder if it’ll be a Xbox/PC exclusive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wolfenstein series, Fallout 4, Rage 2, Dishonored, Prey

They have had some pretty good games over the last 5 years

Important to note that published by Bethesda =/= developed by Bethesda

This is true. I breathed a little easier when I saw that they were not developing.

Do they usually place Todd Howard in head producer roles for games they publish? Genuine question.

Not too sure on that one. I would say the producer role usually comes from the developing studio (e.g. Marty Stratton from id software was the exec producer for Doom Eternal. id developed the game, Bethesda published it). Maybe Todd has a special interest in the Indy title?

Love Uncharted and Tomb Raider, so if it’s like that in terms of being a great adventure game with puzzles etc, big win for me.

I wonder if it’ll be a Xbox/PC exclusive.

It's kinda funny, Tomb Raider and Uncharted wouldn't exist without the Indy movies

But a big budget Indy set piece action/adventure game would be amazing

Do they usually place Todd Howard in head producer roles for games they publish? Genuine question.
Not too sure on that one. I would say the producer role usually comes from the developing studio (e.g. Marty Stratton from id software was the exec producer for Doom Eternal. id developed the game, Bethesda published it). Maybe Todd has a special interest in the Indy title?

No, this is unusual. He has only ever produced games for Bethesda Game Studios and only Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Personally, I think he's the best producer in gaming, so it's a good get.

The first 5 games that he lead were Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4. Then Fallout Shelter which was great for a mobile game and then Fallout 76 which obviously tanked his reputation. But before that he was basically an American Kojima or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back