Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we will get introduced to Bill Burrs character next season ?
He was supposed to be in this season but he was too busy taking care of a sick family friend. I suspect he was supposed to be that bloke who broke into Kevin Wachtell's house and took the photos. The friend has since passed (RIP) so I suspect they'll find another way to put him in the next season.

Wow, what a great season!

It's starting to make me feel like Breaking Bad is the sequel to BCS that just happened to be made first. Which is the highest compliment I can think to pay BCS.

Finale was a bit dull. No twists. Saul and Mike basically did nothing in a season finale which is just bizarre. Imagine a season finale of breaking bad in which nothing happened to Walt and Jesse and the show focussed on Hank instead. Knew all the hitmen were dead given neither Mike nor any of Gus regulars were among them. Only good scenes were with Nacho.

saul and kim are being irrationally harsh on Howard for a plot device that seems pretty uninteresting. Can anyone actually think of anything Howard has done wrong? Chuck was behind everything negative that we previously attributed to Howard. For a lawyer Howard seems pretty decent.

Atleast it now feels like Breaking Bad. Hopefully the twins can get more involved And actually do something. And why are they wasting Tucos character by having him in jail the whole show. Im guessing they couldnt get the actor beyond the first episode. Such a waste.

Finale was a bit dull. No twists. Saul and Mike basically did nothing in a season finale which is just bizarre. Imagine a season finale of breaking bad in which nothing happened to Walt and Jesse and the show focussed on Hank instead. Knew all the hitmen were dead given neither Mike nor any of Gus regulars were among them. Only good scenes were with Nacho.

saul and kim are being irrationally harsh on Howard for a plot device that seems pretty uninteresting. Can anyone actually think of anything Howard has done wrong? Chuck was behind everything negative that we previously attributed to Howard. For a lawyer Howard seems pretty decent.

Atleast it now feels like Breaking Bad. Hopefully the twins can get more involved And actually do something. And why are they wasting Tucos character by having him in jail the whole show. Im guessing they couldnt get the actor beyond the first episode. Such a waste.

I think it's fine that there were no twists. The writers are essentially further developing the support characters, setting it up for the final episodes. We still don't know what'll happen to them. Saul and Mike we do so there's no need for them to be focused.

Howard has always clashed with Kim when working at H&M. I disagree the the plot device is is very interesting. It will play a big piece in the season finale, Kim wants to destroy Howard's career and whatever the outcome will probably tell us where her fate ends at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be fun at parties.

How could the hit men shoot everyone else but him, how convenient....

Well yeah, its a TV show. Do you want a bangin' last season with a deranged Lalo running round hell bent on avenging the death of his family or not? :p

Why didn’t they just get Nachos to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm one guy with no gun vs Lalo and several heavily armed guards, not sure about that. Reckon the plan was solid, Lalo was just better.

Dunno, I reckon Kim was a pretty decent twist. Who saw that coming?

Was discussing the Howard angle a few pages back with someone. Its a testament to the writing IMO that some of the audience see him as a holier than thou jackass, while others maintain he's done nothing wrong all series other than bow to Chuck's every wish. Suffice to to say, Jimmy sees him as the jackass and Kim definitely does lol. Howard and Kim have never really gotten on, she's obviously taken that way too far now even for Jimmy, it may be 'irrational' but that part is a deliberate plot point - like I said he's pretty much broken her and knows it. But her behaviour hasn't come out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Well yeah, its a TV show. Do you want a bangin' last season with a deranged Lalo running round hell bent on avenging the death of his family or not? :p

Hmmm one guy with no gun vs Lalo and several heavily armed guards, not sure about that. Reckon the plan was solid, Lalo was just better.

Dunno, I reckon Kim was a pretty decent twist. Who saw that coming?

Was discussing the Howard angle a few pages back with someone. Its a testament to the writing IMO that some of the audience see him as a holier than thou jackass, while others maintain he's done nothing wrong all series other than bow to Chuck's every wish. Suffice to to say, Jimmy sees him as the jackass and Kim definitely does lol. Howard and Kim have never really gotten on, she's obviously taken that way too far now even for Jimmy, it may be 'irrational' but that part is a deliberate plot point - like I said he's pretty much broken her and knows it. But her behaviour hasn't come out of nowhere.
Which is my point. Their attitude to howard is now completely irrational. Kim quits her lucrative job to help out those who cant afford lawyers but wants to ruin howards career for what? Cos she didnt think he promoted her high enough in his private practise? Why would she care about that now given her epiphany to focus on helping people rather than on earning money? Its completely irrational. if she wanted money then she would of kept her lucrative job rather then quit only to try and commit a crime against an innocent man so she can earn money. stories that require gross irrationality to proceed are stupid. The need for irrational behaviour to justify a plot is the definition of poor story telling.

the plot with the drug cartel and mike and Nacho is far more interesting even if it never has a twist in it. Great suspense and acting even if you always know what happens before it happens.

acting in this show is and always has been A grade. Think some are confusing great acting with complex character development. Irrational is the opposite of complex.

Last edited:
I think it's fine that there were no twists. The writers are essentially further developing the support characters, setting it up for the final episodes. We still don't know what'll happen to them. Saul and Mike we do so there's no need for them to be focused.

Howard has always clashed with Kim when working at H&M. I disagree the the plot device is is very interesting. It will play a big piece in the season finale, Kim wants to destroy Howard's career and whatever the outcome will probably tell us where her fate ends at.
Why does kim want to destroy howards career and through criminal action as well?

You make it sound like she's never taken part in this type of behaviour before. Remember Giselle? She even kept the vodka stopper in her desk at the firm. I'd say the defining moment for Kim this season wasn't calling out Lalo, nor her plans to bring down Howard. I think it was when Acker called her out at his home, and she realised she was on the wrong path for her. She's worked for years to do the right thing and found no satisfaction from what she's achieved. Her dissatisfaction, combined with her love/admiration for Jimmy, has turned her into a monster.

Howard definitely doesn't deserve to be the target of Kim's wrath, but he seems like he'll be collateral damage unfortunately.

There's definitely more to it than that, but that is my quick take.

You make it sound like she's never taken part in this type of behaviour before. Remember Giselle? She even kept the vodka stopper in her desk at the firm. I'd say the defining moment for Kim this season wasn't calling out Lalo, nor her plans to bring down Howard. I think it was when Acker called her out at his home, and she realised she was on the wrong path for her. She's worked for years to do the right thing and found no satisfaction from what she's achieved. Her dissatisfaction, combined with her love/admiration for Jimmy, has turned her into a monster.

Howard definitely doesn't deserve to be the target of Kim's wrath, but he seems like he'll be collateral damage unfortunately.

There's definitely more to it than that, but that is my quick take.
Yeah she likes the fun of tricking douches out of some small change.

ruining a professional career because of a lack of promotion which she no longer wants is just silly. she should not have any problem with howard as the one area where she might have had a problem has now been resolved this season.

Which is my point. Their attitude to howard is now completely irrational. Kim quits her lucrative job to help out those who cant afford lawyers but wants to ruin howards career for what? Cos she didnt think he promoted her high enough in his private practise? Why would she care about that now given her epiphany to focus on helping people rather than on earning money? Its completely irrational. if she wanted money then she would of kept her lucrative job rather then quit only to try and commit a crime against an innocent man so she can earn money. stories that require gross irrationality to proceed are stupid. The need for irrational behaviour to justify a plot is the definition of poor story telling.

the plot with the drug cartel and mike and Nacho is far more interesting even if it never has a twist in it. Great suspense and acting even if you always know what happens before it happens.

acting in this show is and always has been A grade. Think some are confusing great acting with complex character development. Irrational is the opposite of complex.

I'd say Jimmy's attitude towards Howard has always been fairly irrational, knowing what we the audience know. But like I said, I can also see how people would think Howard has been a bit of a dick towards him.

Kim wants to ruin Howard's career not because he didn't promote her high enough or anything else, its purely about the pay day (via the Sandpiper class action being settled) - supposedly so she can just do her pro bono work. Staying at her proper gig doesn't allow her to do that, we've been shown more than a few instances of her professional work impeding on her desire to focus on the pro bono stuff.

And yeah you can definitely make the argument that she's gone way too far off the deep end, being willing to ruin a bloke's life just so she gets to live her preferred one - but I see that as the whole point. Pretty much an extension of the small time cons she and Jimmy thrive on pulling, albeit an extreme one. She's not well mentally at the moment and a decent part of that is on Jimmy.

I guess I just don't see irrational characters as equaling poor writing or story telling, plenty of irrational characters in fictional stories (and non for that matter) across every medium.

Why does kim want to destroy howards career and through criminal action as well?

Means to an end - to get paid. The fact that morally she sees not much issue with that approach is the kicker and I reckon will be instrumental in her and Jimmy parting ways next season.

Last edited:

Please don't turn this thread into another GOT.

Please don't turn this thread into another GOT.
You might want to pick a better example then game Of thrones.

i talk about positives and negatives. One of the few who give proper analysis rather then only posting glowing reviews. people who havent watched the shows come into these threads to get a good idea whether the show is good or not. Problem is mostly only get glowing reviews and anyone who gives an unbiased view gets hounded for not giving it 10 out 10. they want pros and cons. Better call saul is a 6-7 out of 10 show. Breaking bad is a 9 out of 10 show. There is honesty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back