Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Personal note, I'm up to Page 144 here....

I'm well behind this, and I'm only catching up, having got the box set over Xmas.... just watching the 7th episode of season 6.

While I suspected Nacho was a dead man walking, I was hoping for some redemption. Still, his death hit me in the feels.

Then... HOWARD!!! *!!! The motivations of Jimmy & Kimmy to bring down Howard never added up, but the demise of Howard rocked me. He didn't deserve to be ****ed around by Jimmy & Kimmy like that, let alone killed like he was. Season 6 has been brutal.

I originally didn't like the Lalo character, but his current story line fascinates me.

I feel this season is about resolving a few things. Nachos story, Lalos story, Kims story, then feeding in to Breaking Bad. 6 episodes to go and I'm none the wiser.... I feel I'm about to be made the fool for the last few episodes.

Personal note, I'm up to Page 144 here....

I'm well behind this, and I'm only catching up, having got the box set over Xmas.... just watching the 7th episode of season 6.

While I suspected Nacho was a dead man walking, I was hoping for some redemption. Still, his death hit me in the feels.

Then... HOWARD!!! *!!! The motivations of Jimmy & Kimmy to bring down Howard never added up, but the demise of Howard rocked me. He didn't deserve to be ****ed around by Jimmy & Kimmy like that, let alone killed like he was. Season 6 has been brutal.

I originally didn't like the Lalo character, but his current story line fascinates me.

I feel this season is about resolving a few things. Nachos story, Lalos story, Kims story, then feeding in to Breaking Bad. 6 episodes to go and I'm none the wiser.... I feel I'm about to be made the fool for the last few episodes.

Isn’t Howard more collateral damage for their desire to speed up the sandpiper pay out as well as Kim just having a general love of grifting.

This show was great in season 2 and 3 with the conflict between Saul and Chuck.

The first season was boring and the fourth was even worse. The final season was pretty good but I found the Saul/Gene flash forward was stretched out for too long.

Re-watcning season 6 (via blu-ray) and I have to say, Jimmy(Saul) and Kim's plan to destroy Howard Hamlin is one of the most despicable and utterly abhorrent fictional acts I have ever seen (either on the small or big screen)

It's a testament to Bob, Rhea and especially Patrick Fabian's acting skill and gravitas that made this plot such a Shakespearean tragedy.

In fact, I would argue what happened to Howard is almost worse than anything Walt did on Breaking Bad (aside from not calling the paramedic's to save Jane's life or poisoning Jesse's girlfriend's kid)

It's really painful to ssee Howard's life falling apart (I am currently watching episode 7) and it's a testament to Patrick Fabian and Vince Gilligan and the other writers sublime writing and the directors.

Re-watcning season 6 (via blu-ray) and I have to say, Jimmy(Saul) and Kim's plan to destroy Howard Hamlin is one of the most despicable and utterly abhorrent fictional acts I have ever seen (either on the small or big screen)

It's a testament to Bob, Rhea and especially Patrick Fabian's acting skill and gravitas that made this plot such a Shakespearean tragedy.

In fact, I would argue what happened to Howard is almost worse than anything Walt did on Breaking Bad (aside from not calling the paramedic's to save Jane's life or poisoning Jesse's girlfriend's kid)

It's really painful to ssee Howard's life falling apart (I am currently watching episode 7) and it's a testament to Patrick Fabian and Vince Gilligan and the other writers sublime writing and the directors.

My memory could be shaky but realistically all they did was set out to tarnish his professional reputation. The stuff with his marriage breaking down was completely seperate (happy to be corrected on this) and what happened with his death was completely unforeseeable.

Obviously what their plan was extremely immoral but it doesn’t come close to Walter who’s character pretty much morphed into someone who would do anything for power.

Yep, that was the point it became apparent they had really become the villains. And it prompted a reassessment of Howard's character throughout the series; Jimmy always painted him as a villain, but he really does seem to like Jimmy and is caught between him and Chuck.

Yep, that was the point it became apparent they had really become the villains. And it prompted a reassessment of Howard's character throughout the series; Jimmy always painted him as a villain, but he really does seem to like Jimmy and is caught between him and Chuck.
Right from the start I thought that apart from being a bit of a privileged knob he wasn't really bad at all, it's just the story is of course told from Jimmy's pov so as we side with him and Howard is then the antagonist.

Agree with you, the worst part about it is it all just so pointless and almost only for 'fun'. But this bit, Walt is no doubt one of the most evil characters ever seen on TV and many levels above.

Probably because it happens so slowly and we are deliberately made to feel really sorry for him at the start I've always thought people really underestimate this.

So proud husband moment here.
Finally got the misso who is a die hard BB fan but couldn’t grind out the first few episodes of BCS to get over the hump and commit.

I think the storyline with Saul and Mike and Matty’s death helps and then the Sandpiper case and Saul and Chuck working together locks them in for the long haul.

Continue the grind guys. It’s worth the persistence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have finally gotten around to the blu ray commentary on the episode where Bob suffered his heart attack.

They only cover it for about 5 minutes, but it is really scary listening to how close we were to losing Bob.

The blu ray or DVD sets is worth it for the commentaries alone. They are brilliant and insightful, certainly let a lot more about Ed Begley Jnr's Charactor Clifford Main that I missed watching the show and series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back