Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike is still relatively new in town and wouldn't have a lot of people (a) he could trust and (b) wouldn't ask a lot of questions. So it makes sense that he'd use jimmy

Jimmy's strength as a conman/grifter who relies on his ability to communicate and spin a yarn to gain trust as he befriends his mark. But in unfamiliar surroundings or under pressure he loses his composure very quickly especially if he can't talk his way out of trouble

Jimmy didn't really know the full extent of what he was doing or who he was watching out for. He sat in a good enough spot at first to see the guy approach the counter but not to see when he entered and certainly didn't have a clear line of sight once the bloke sat down. So he moved for no apparent reason which would have alerted someone as cautious and watchful as Fring

That scene made perfect sense to me and imo was a great way to introduce Gus to the series

Come on. Jimmy had his eyes popping out of his head the whole time. As a very handsome man, I notice when women do that when I am in the room.

He all but sat in his lap.

It was still gripping watching him be so obvious but I was wondering when he was going to get taken out the back and roughed up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a great little demonstration of why one of them is a small player in the seedy side and one is a king pin.
No matter what Jimmy did, Gus was ahead of him. Jimmy thinks he is being sneaky, Gus notices him. Jimmy moves, Gus knows why. Jimmy slips the watch off (masterful thinking on his feet), Gus finds it instantly and continues the facade. It was beautiful tv.

It was a great little demonstration of why one of them is a small player in the seedy side and one is a king pin.
No matter what Jimmy did, Gus was ahead of him. Jimmy thinks he is being sneaky, Gus notices him. Jimmy moves, Gus knows why. Jimmy slips the watch off (masterful thinking on his feet), Gus finds it instantly and continues the facade. It was beautiful tv.

It was great, but I still had that "oh come off it" feeling when Jimmy was acting like a mad man sticking his head in the bin and NOBODY turned to look.

It was funny in a "what the * is this moron doing???" way.

I suppose we have seen him have slapstick-like brain fades all through BB, alternating with brilliant plans executed to perfection.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This show just crafts it's storylines so perfectly.

From Mike's painstaking, methodical approach (and Gus was still ahead!) to Chuck leaking the info to Ernie ("Howard, I know my brother..." before he storms in to destroy the tape) every scene you just get a little breadcrumb, before it all comes together.

I missed Francesca's character, but 'a little crooked' was a peach of a line :thumbsu:

During the exchange bw
Mike and gus, gus said that mike stole from hector... i remember his grand daughter getting threatened but not the stealing... is old age catching/senility setting in ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you reckon Mike was in the back of that Los Pollos truck in the cold open? :D

jERMhtH.gif

Last edited:
Maybe I'm nitpicking a bit but I think it was a little far fetched that Mike was able to precisely get the pair of sneakers in the right spot above where the truck was going to go by and at a slow enough speed for some of the cocaine, I presume, to fall on it.

Maybe I'm nitpicking a bit but I think it was a little far fetched that Mike was able to precisely get the pair of sneakers in the right spot above where the truck was going to go by and at a slow enough speed for some of the cocaine, I presume, to fall on it.
The truck stopped there so they could hide their guns which is why he did it at that spot

The truck always stops at that exact spot. It's where they stash weapons before going over the border. The same border they were busted at.

It's the same spot Mike robbed them at

You mean being able to wrap the sneakers around the lines?

The truck always stops at that exact spot. It's where they stash weapons before going over the border. The same border they were busted at.

It's the same spot Mike robbed them at
Was it the same spot?

I didn't think it was an intersection where he robbed them but I could be wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back