Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh watch that as well

Two seasons of Goliath have unfortunately shown up the deficiencies of BCS

Don’t get me wrong, I love BCS, but the overhype in this thread at this time is slightly nauseating
How can a totally different show somehow expose deficiencies in another show?

You do realize that's just your personal preference and nothing objective at all?

Article

BREAKING Bad creator Vince Gilligan says there is a strong chance that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul will appear on the show’s spin-off, Better Call Saul. Gilligan, however, said the actors will not appear in season four of Better Call Saul when it returns in August.

“We don’t want to jerk folks around,” Gilligan said. “But we would be sorely remiss if these characters didn’t appear in the show before it ended.”

“You have two shows for the price of one with Better Call Saul,” he said. “It’s its own show, it stands on its own two legs wonderfully, just by itself. But more and more in season four, the Breaking Bad world is coming into the Better Call Saul world … It’s overlapping.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK let me work this out.

BB set 08-10. BCS currently mid 03??? Think that's right.

Jesse was 26 last season of BB would make him 19

Walt was 52 when it ended makes him 45. (Easy enough to pull off).

Question how old is Saul/Jimmy. Comes across as a new lawyer but obviously a middle aged entrant. Seems he was about 12 years older than Chuck. Assuming Chuck is/was about mid 50s that would put Saul/Jimmy about early 40s and late 40s nudging 50 today/when BB ended. Would that be right? Never actually know how old he is.

Also the Lydia character. Watching BB she had a very young daughter and was presented as a single mother. (Maybe the reason she helps run drugs for the $$$).
But assuming this is 7 years a go wouldn't she have to become pregnant about know? Or is the daughter older?

Better Call Saul is up to 2003. Breaking Bad begins 2008. I think the first four or five seasons of Breaking Bad all took place within 6 months?

Better Call Saul is up to 2003. Breaking Bad begins 2008. I think the first four or five seasons of Breaking Bad all took place within 6 months?

My understanding. S1-mid season 4 took place in a year from Walt's 50th till 51. You then had about 6 months where he becomes el supremeo making all that cash and getting found out and 6 months when he goes into hiding. Finished round his 52nd.

About the most tiny insignificant minute criticism of BB is the time feels a bit rushed. Like how Walt and Jesse go from struggling to getting rid of Tuco to meeting Fring to Hank getting shot and re learning to walk plus making all the money then Skyler becoming involved, having an affair then losing it all to pay off the tax bill to taking out Fring all in a year???????? Not to mention Jane then the other of Jesse's GFs and all the other s**t he goes through. No way that all happens that quick. Then that $80mill he made from scratch essentially and buried in the desert he did in 6 months??

BCS seems more realistic thou I can't work out Jimmy/Saul's age and they need to tie in certain things with other characters that were in BB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back