Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

That last scene was ice cold, there's no going back now

The opening sequence was great too, first time in the series that the post-BB stuff has looked like genuinely leading somewhere.

Did LOL at the whole Albuquerque Isotopes too, had no idea that was a real thing.

Jimmy passing the guilt buck there at the end to Howard.

Love or hate the character of Howard, the bloke who plays him has been brilliant, great range to go from a confident smarmy prick, to now laying himself bare in such a vulnerable state.

The ep highlight though was Mike and his security gig in Madrigal.

Great stuff!

Can someone please clue me in to the Mike stuff at Madrigal? I'm probably struggling to remember what happened at the end of last season.

He received that payment from Madrigal (Lydia) but I'm then assuming he took it upon himself to expose the security issues at the company, Mike style?

Great stuff!

Can someone please clue me in to the Mike stuff at Madrigal? I'm probably struggling to remember what happened at the end of last season.

He received that payment from Madrigal (Lydia) but I'm then assuming he took it upon himself to expose the security issues at the company, Mike style?
Mike is using Madrigal to launder the $200k he stole from Hector so his daughter in law and granddaughter can use the money legally.

In order to get him on the payroll, Madrigal have listed his job title as "security consultant" to cover his laundering. Mike (in his style as you say) takes this title seriously and actually consults on security. I'm guessing its to feel like he's actually doing something for his money but also to make sure that his money laundering won't get caught out.

Mike is using Madrigal to launder the $200k he stole from Hector so his daughter in law and granddaughter can use the money legally.

In order to get him on the payroll, Madrigal have listed his job title as "security consultant" to cover his laundering. Mike (in his style as you say) takes this title seriously and actually consults on security. I'm guessing its to feel like he's actually doing something for his money but also to make sure that his money laundering won't get caught out.
Thanks Corbies! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to be back. Mike what a boss lol.

The opening sequence was great too, first time in the series that the post-BB stuff has looked like genuinely leading somewhere.

I actually thought it was a bit of a mis-step and would argue it was just yet another false alarm. We've effectively already seen this 3 times at the start of the other seasons - thinking someone's coming for him but they're not, the lengths he goes to to remain anonymous. Just more of the same for mine - we get it, he's scared, never feels safe etc, we already know that.

I reckon this latest teaser still falls into that category, was hoping we'd get an opener that actually moved things along rather than hinting at it.

I can't quite remember the storyline with Nacho and Hector.

Nacho was going to try and off him because he was going to take over his dad's business and I remember Nacho practicing dropping the pills in the coat pocket.

I think Mike had intervened earlier and basically told Nacho if you are going to do it do it properly.

What I can't quite remember is if Mike was working for Fring at that stage and if Fring knew that was going to happen or not.

I can't quite remember the storyline with Nacho and Hector.

Nacho was going to try and off him because he was going to take over his dad's business and I remember Nacho practicing dropping the pills in the coat pocket.

I think Mike had intervened earlier and basically told Nacho if you are going to do it do it properly.

What I can't quite remember is if Mike was working for Fring at that stage and if Fring knew that was going to happen or not.

Yep to everything except Fring knowing, he doesn't. Seems like he will soon enough though with Nacho being observed throwing the pills off the bridge.

A bit frustrating having wat a 16 month gap?

Going to have to go back to GoT finale when that appears next year

Re the opener I think it’s moved forward to the point that I think when this ends it’s going to be Ugly. I don’t mind it though. It’s a great juxtaposition to the life he had when he was the life of the party.

Maybe the comments to H was the line in the sand... the Chuck story is done, he doesn’t have to worry and compete about him, so the shackles are off, let’s become “Saul”

Maybe the comments to H was the line in the sand... the Chuck story is done, he doesn’t have to worry and compete about him, so the shackles are off, let’s become “Saul”

100%

Chuck was the only thing keeping Jimmy " Alive ".
Kim SHOULD be enough of a reason too but i don't think he gives enough of a s**t about her to try.

Watched Chicanery and Lantern before diving into this - it's still pretty breathtaking how the show portrayed Chuck's EHS, especially in those two episodes...the show's finest.

I'm honestly going to miss Jimmy. Flawed and rash, but he wasn't oblivious to his actions (see him admitting to Irene and the Sand Piper girls about wanting a quick settlement, to save Irene's friendship). Him whistling at the end is truly frightening and a great call back to Walter and BB.

The opener kinda suggested to me that maybe the post BB version of the show might have a shorter shelf life than first thought. I'm not sure how much legs a Gene on the run story has.

The not so subtle shot of the tequila and a sleeping Kim in the foreground :(. Mike is incredible. Really hope we don't lose much of Howard, now that he doesn't have Chuck. Great start!

3eRlLCn.jpg

This show is now in its 4th season and exactly what has happened? It is such a superfluous series, it's like one of those Han Solo or Rogue One movies, where they just throw in little throwbacks to the original to give fans a giggle and say 'Ooh i member that'.

Saul was comic relief for the most part, do we really need a 5 season melodramatic series on him? As for Mike, the mystery around his nature is what made him interesting. Let fans come up with their own ideas as to how he became like he did, rather than try and complete every little piece of the Breaking Bad jigsaw puzzle.

Vince Gilligan seems to struggle in regards to making female characters interesting too. Skyler, Marie and Kim are all poor and boring characters.

This show is now in its 4th season and exactly what has happened? It is such a superfluous series, it's like one of those Han Solo or Rogue One movies, where they just throw in little throwbacks to the original to give fans a giggle and say 'Ooh i member that'.

Saul was comic relief for the most part, do we really need a 5 season melodramatic series on him? As for Mike, the mystery around his nature is what made him interesting. Let fans come up with their own ideas as to how he became like he did, rather than try and complete every little piece of the Breaking Bad jigsaw puzzle.

Vince Gilligan seems to struggle in regards to making female characters interesting too. Skyler, Marie and Kim are all poor and boring characters.
Why do you watch it then?

I quite like the show but I do agree with you.

It didn't need to go this long.

But why is Madigral(Lydia) doing this for him. Whats the prior relationship?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back