Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Vacuum cleaner guy was able to produce false documents, smuggle passengers over state/national borders undetected and most importantly keep his mouth shut. His service was worth the money.
Thats not that bloody hard. For one there are no checkpoints at state borders. Usa isnt a nazi controlled state. Dont need to go overseas to disapear so no need for passports.

people steal peoples identities and houses/bank accounts just by getting some info off facebook. Its not that dificult in this day to fake ids sufficient enough to get low level jobs and rental accomodation. People often do it and they dont need to spend their life savings on a vacuum guy. there are plenty of crooks loose that the police want and cant find. Pretty sure they arent reliant on a vacuum guy.

Actually I've always noticed the age difference in Gus way more. It's bad with Huell and Gomey as well. In their faces at least, physically Mike is really starting to move like the old man he is.
The ageing and weight gain of Jesse in El Camino takes the cake.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
My guess is there won't be much overlap. I think they will concentrate on Kim and Jimmy ******* Howard over, Lalo going after Nacho and Gus - maybe Kim and Jimmy get drawn into that, Kim no longer being in Jimmy's life - or dead.

If I remember right it was Walter who approached Gus about a deal so the meth from a small local producer might not have been on Gus's radar.

Is the Cinnabon timeframe after BB? Maybe they will get into that a little bit more.

Cinnabon future will get a good 10-20 minutes in the series finale to conclude the Breaking Bad-Better Call Saul universe. We're probably not getting a third show. Not in New Mexico with characters we know anyway.

Few months before the final season I'll rewatch all of it. Over a decade since the early years and even much of Better Call Saul I've forgotten now. 62 + 50 + 1 movie.

Last edited:
Cinnabon future will get a good 10-20 minutes in the series finale to conclude the Breaking Bad-Better Call Saul universe. We're probably not getting a third show. Not in New Mexico with characters we know anyway.

Few months before the final season I'll rewatch all of it. Over a decade since the early years and even much of Better Call Saul I've forgotten now. 62 + 50 + 1 movie.

Think I'm going to rewatch BB after BCS finishes.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The "Gene" flashforward in "Uno" depicts a commemorative 150th anniversary sticker since the founding of Omaha, Nebraska, which would be in 2015, the year the episode was shot. This may also be indicative of the flash forward scenes taking place in the year 2015, roughly five years after Walter White's death.
  • This makes sense, as it is when Better Call Saul first aired, and it is set up as taking place in present-time.

This estimated timeline says its July 2004 in the latest episode.

Last edited:
I love the slow transition but Jimmy hasn't quite reached Breaking Bad Saul levels of depravity yet - eg setting up money laundering for Walt and arranging for Mike to be the cleaner after Jane died.

Walt's character arc in BB is also expertly done. He took several days before he could go through with killing Crazy-8, and that was to protect his family. A few months later, letting Jane die was effectively a business decision. But he didn't just let her die, he rolled her onto her back causing her to choke when she started vomiting. Indirectly he was also responsible for plane crash after Jane's father screwed up in the air traffic control room.
The problem I have with Walt's development is the final season.

He develops remorse and effectively becomes the hero by avenging Hank and rescuing Jesse, which I always felt was a backward step after his evolution from family man to immoral murderer.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The problem I have with Walt's development is the final season.

He develops remorse and effectively becomes the hero by avenging Hank and rescuing Jesse, which I always felt was a backward step after his evolution to from family man to immoral murderer.

I think it works because Walt isn't a true psychopath. He ends up as a monster because of the things that led him to that point. But he is conflicted. He loves his family, including Hank. And he has been through a lot with Jesse so there's almost a father son relationship.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Adolf Hitler probably loved his family.

People side with Walt a bit naturally because he's the protagonist in the show but the character just about the worst a human could be.

Yeah, the wife won't even re-watch BB with me coz she hates Walt so much haha

Me, I was pretty much with him all the way. Dunno what that says about me lol

I think Chuck was worse. A successful, uncaring man who took advantage of everybody around him to satisfy his needs. Was a bad person even from the grave.
I mean worse as in quality of character.

I enjoyed watching Chuck’s portrayal. Watching anything with Ted had me yearning for the scene to be over and done with.

Back