Better Mark; Rayner or Walker?

Better mark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I went with Rayner. Walker's was incredible for the height, though Rayner's in a pack in front of goal with a lot of defenders, the work involved in getting into position and then making the jump was incredible - even more so considering this was by a 1st year kid.

I went with Rayner. Walker's was incredible for the height, though Rayner's in a pack in front of goal with a lot of defenders, the work involved in getting into position and then making the jump was incredible - even more so considering this was by a 1st year kid.
have to agree. Watching at the game you could see him push forward, brush away the crows defender and then just launch. You could just see his fierce intent and no one was going to stop him. Absolutely loved Skywalkers though.

Never seen Shaun Smith's mark back in the day of the Brisbane Bears at the Gabba? Not a bad little grab, have a look sometime. Still considered the greatest mark of all time by a good lot of people.

I was there , at the scoreboard bar - as usual. From there the goal square was not visible n you could only see the top half of the goalposts. All we saw was the ball go in high n then Smith appeared from nowhere, to full body height. The entire crowd just gasped in astonishment.

I'm not making any decisions without my lawyer present.

(Seriously, how do you pick? Just a great passage of play overall!)

Hey jackess looks like the news.com.au website has copied your thread idea (Link), albeit days later:

BRISBANE has logged two mark of the year contenders — within 10 seconds of each other.

Deep in the first quarter at the Gabba, Josh Walker soared above Adelaide’s Mitch McGovern to pull down a spectacular intercept mark.

Walker gave off to Daniel Rich, who sent a long bomb deep into the Lions’ attacking 50m before Cameron Rayner flew over the top of two Crows defender.

Rayner capped off the spectacular passage of play with a goal.

Tell us which mark was better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is because the vast majority of the people who vote would be Victorian and a lot more Bomber fans would vote than Lions fans.

Never seen Shaun Smith's mark back in the day of the Brisbane Bears at the Gabba? Not a bad little grab, have a look sometime. Still considered the greatest mark of all time by a good lot of people.

Yeah I know that mark well. I agree the height he gets is amazing.. But its litterally a high chest mark. Moorcrofts mark much better....

Super height..
Super stretch out
Arching and falling backwards.... caught behind his head...

Yeah I know that mark well. I agree the height he gets is amazing.. But its litterally a high chest mark. Moorcrofts mark much better....

Super height..
Super stretch out
Arching and falling backwards.... caught behind his head...

If Moorcroft could get that high he would have had to take it between his feet.

Back