Society/Culture Bettina Arndt a step too far

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what anyone says, there was no need for those comments:

YES I understand that this bloke may have 'been pushed too far' but it does not and cannot possibly validate his actions.

YES I understand that it may be valid to investigate the cause of this action.

Regardless, the comments were blunt and not required to justify investigating whether or not this guy was 'pushed'

Her advocacy of men in the context of family breakups is commendable but her point about that evil swine being potentially "driven to it" was very poorly made. HOWEVER. F'ing Penny Wong and Keneally and now I hear half the senate clambering in to censure her and take away her OoA is worse! There is a very real risk in the aftermath of this horror that legislators further tip the balance against men who, as we know make up 75% of suicides. We need voices like hers in order to maintain some balance.

Yeah we don't need her making blunt statements because it doesn't help it only hinders. Because of those comments, wrongly, men will now be more marginalized in society.

Because of those comments, wrongly, men will now be more marginalized in society.
Men will be marginalised far more if, on a wave of emotion, rabid feminist legislators like Wong/Keneally are allowed to run rampant. They are dangerous too dont worry about that. Arndts mangled message was the flip side of the vexed equation as to what motivates some men to suicide / lash out in the direct aftermath of a family breakup. Its a hard conversation to have but a necessary one for balance. Wong and Keneally are wrong to bully that voice into silence.

Men will be marginalised far more if, on a wave of emotion, rabid feminist legislators like Wong/Keneally are allowed to run rampant. They are dangerous too dont worry about that. Arndts mangled message was the flip side of the vexed equation as to what motivates some men to suicide / lash out in the direct aftermath of a family breakup. Its a hard conversation to have but a necessary one for balance. Wong and Keneally are wrong to bully that voice into silence.
When ISIS burnt people alive I don't remember you much worrying about marginalisation of Muslims. What's the difference here?

Or before a breakup. Or during a breakup.

The evidence shows that at the point the controller realises he is losing control, he plans how to stop it happening - sometimes through murder.

1/ All of what Arndt said is just giving ammo to the likes of Wong and Keneally, it's not helping it's hindering.

2/ There is nothing to suggest motives weren't being investigated before her comments, in fact it is highly likely motive was being investigated.

Therefore Arndt's comments were inflammatory regardless if that was her intent or not.

Or before a breakup. Or during a breakup.

The evidence shows that at the point the controller realises he is losing control, he plans how to stop it happening - sometimes through murder.

The evidence of that is overwhelming. Bettina was clumsily exploring the cause of the sense of disempowerment in so many men which is one legitimate contributing facet of a massively complicated question.

Last edited:
Her advocacy of men in the context of family breakups is commendable but her point about that evil swine being potentially "driven to it" was very poorly made. HOWEVER. F'ing Penny Wong and Keneally and now I hear half the senate clambering in to censure her and take away her OoA is worse! There is a very real risk in the aftermath of this horror that legislators further tip the balance against men who, as we know make up 75% of suicides. We need voices like hers in order to maintain some balance.
Does she do anything positive for men? She seems like a complete *******.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The evidence of that is overwhelming. Bettina was clumsily exploring the cause of the sense of disempowerment in so many men which is one legitimate contributing facet of a massively complicated question.
No surprise you're defending a moron who calls herself a MRA. Still believing the marginalised men myth, like the white replacement myth

I've seen some women with literally no heart you'd actually think they were psychopaths. Cheating, messing with and destroying their partners life almost just to see an emotional reaction. Some women will screw with others on a life level. Whereas blokes will steal ya beer and that's about it. Women are emotional creatures and feed of drama it's their nature, when you couple this with an unintelligent women with empathy issues you get situations like this.

Last edited:
I've seen some women with literally no heart you'd actually think they were psychopaths. Cheating, messing with and destroying their partners life almost just to see an emotional reaction. A lot of women seem to screw with others on a life level. Whereas blokes will steal ya beer and that's about it. Women are emotional creatures and feed of drama it's their nature, when you couple this with an unintelligent women with empathy issues you get situations like this.

tenor.gif

Reading all these pea brains jumping on the stalk like good little sheep. Someone even brought up isis lol...

All The these experts who don't know what's gone on, have all reacted out of cognitive dissonance and have a very small mind, with no ability for empathy. Have to be told how to feel between there caffinne to get them up and thier grog to get them down..

I'd never heard of Bettina Arndt until I saw some feminists whinge about her AM nomination.

Nice own goal.

As a teenager in the mid 80s, I'd have a sleep over at a couple of mates house (brothers), we'd sit up late in their bungalow and listen to Bettina Arndt on 3AW on a Saturday night talking about sex and having talkback, no delay in those days, made for some hilarious listening.

As a teenager in the mid 80s, I'd have a sleep over at a couple of mates house (brothers), we'd sit up late in their bungalow and listen to Bettina Arndt on 3AW on a Saturday night talking about sex and having talkback, no delay in those days, made for some hilarious listening.
Yer my memory of her as a young guy was as THE know all on all things orgasm related.

One exchange that has stuck with me 35 odd years later.

Bettina was talking about relationship breakdowns and in particular, cheating. Most of it centred around men cheating.

Old mate calls in, obviously had a few under his belt and says to Bettina why is she only talking about men cheating, she's talking as if it's only men who ever cheat.

She asks him if he knows a woman who has cheated.

"Yes, my wife", he responds.

"What did you do about it?", she asks.

"I divorced the ******* ****", was his response.

Oh, well she says as he's cut off, I wasn't expecting that response before cutting to a break and then moving on to another caller.

One exchange that has stuck with me 35 odd years later.

Bettina was talking about relationship breakdowns and in particular, cheating. Most of it centred around men cheating.

Old mate calls in, obviously had a few under his belt and says to Bettina why is she only talking about men cheating, she's talking as if it's only men who ever cheat.

She asks him if he knows a woman who has cheated.

"Yes, my wife", he responds.

"What did you do about it?", she asks.

"I divorced the ******* ****", was his response.

Oh, well she says as he's cut off, I wasn't expecting that response before cutting to a break and then moving on to another caller.

That would have been a great time to talk about polyamorous relationships. Way to drop the ball, Ms Arndt:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back