Feedback Betting ads in the info carousel

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate that this site relies on advertising and I can accept banners etc

But this hijacks my page and resizes it even while I am attempting a fresh post or page. Its even worse on mobile platform

Do not want this at all. I understand the site needs to make money, but this is ridiculous. You have users under the age of 18 who don't want to see this. You have users who have had their lives rocked by gambling addiction who don't want to see it. At the very least, please remove the gambling adverts from the info carousel.

View attachment 741074

I appreciate that this site relies on advertising and I can accept banners etc

But this hijacks my page and resizes it even while I am attempting a fresh post or page. Its even worse on mobile platform
Resizes the page? Do you mean the browser window?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your device, browser, browser version?

What happens to stop you using the site?
Screenshot_20190922-143315.png

So I tap into any subforum, and while the Brownless ad loads in the threads are untappable, sometimes scrolling freezes.
If I try to open a thread while the ad is loading sometimes it will take me to a seperate thread completely.

Forum returns to normal functionality as soon as the ad loads though.

View attachment 750911

So I tap into any subforum, and while the Brownless ad loads in the threads are untappable, sometimes scrolling freezes.
If I try to open a thread while the ad is loading sometimes it will take me to a seperate thread completely.

Forum returns to normal functionality as soon as the ad loads though.
OK it's concerning that it is taking so long to load but it's good that it doesn't die completely.

I will see what we can do.

Long time poster, first time whinger.

Same here as the others - it now takes forever to load. Cannot bother waiting 30 seconds for Bill's ugly mug to appear and resize the page so I can select the thread I want to peruse. Can something be done to fix/remove it?

It's really jarring, it loads nearly all the content and then between 10 - 20 seconds in it redraws the page to display the big background ad. So if you have started scrolling around you are interrupted.

This is in Chrome on desktop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back