Rumour Betting on First Goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Daniel Merrett

Okay this is pissing me off now.

Betting is becoming a virus in professional sport. Why should our players have aspersions cast on their character just because of parasite bookmakers trying to catch a free ride from the greatest game in the world.

And what idiocy to suggest that Merrett must be involved? He is just the player having his position moved, nothing more.

If there is a leak (which I doubt), it could be anyone. I would be looking at my legal options if I was Merrett. Sue these libelous pricks.

This whole thing is surprising me too TBD. I'm amazed that no one in the media (unless i've missed it) has questioned the integrity of the AFL here for not only protecting but becoming implicit in the morally questionable actions of major sponsors.

Okay this is pissing me off now.

Betting is becoming a virus in professional sport. Why should our players have aspersions cast on their character just because of parasite bookmakers trying to catch a free ride from the greatest game in the world.

And what idiocy to suggest that Merrett must be involved? He is just the player having his position moved, nothing more.

If there is a leak (which I doubt), it could be anyone. I would be looking at my legal options if I was Merrett. Sue these libelous pricks.

Players Association need to make a stand...

I actually thought that if Merrett was ever going to go forward it was that game, we've struggled up forward to date and had no direct match for Merrett, plus he'd played that role afew times, our recent trip to China a good example. If they are so PR perhaps they can refund punters for games cost by poor umpires and at the end of the day ultimately a waste of time.

If only they offered a bet for Merrett running the ball out of bounds and getting pinged for it.... you heard it here first and with no inside info to boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back