Betting Sites Ranked

Remove this Banner Ad

The exchanges like Betfair s**t on the scum bookies.

The bookies are only there for shits and giggles, not to make money. Once you start making long term coin with the corporate bookies you get promo banned and then account banned.

The only one I've managed to avoid it with is NEDS, and that's because I deliberately put on stupid multies to balance it out, or use it as a hedge or arb when possible.

Betfair MBR increase announced. AFL from 2.5 to 5% & Vic racing 5 to 7% among the changes.

Change anyone’s ranking?

The increases are a direct result of POC tax and product fees. It will definitely hurt turnover and the product but the current environment left them with no choice. Once again the punters get the bad end of the deal.
Its the first time I have heard of the POC tax. In NSW, I heard its roughly 10% "of all wagers placed" .

Its also interesting to note the minimum threshold amounts for turnover by each state is different.

eg WA minimum turnover requirement is $150,000, NSW minimum turnover requirement is $1,000,000 between , Victoria $1 million. etc

I wouldnt have the numbers on me but Id imagine for a Ladbrokes, Sportsbet , that threshold would be easily cleared. (even any half well known bookmaker should be able to clear those minimum thresholds in Aus) The purpose of an exchange, however, is to trade out bets and look for the ebbs and swings of games, so a higher turnover from the same consumer may not be a good thing in Australia for betting exchanges. Eg a punter looking to trade out on small price favourable movements may not be the type of punter that Betfair (in Australia) is after, eg Back 1.75, Lay 1.73 ........based from what I have read.

Having a look at Victorian racing ( https://www.sro.vic.gov.au/wagering-and-betting-tax) I see 2 templates (assuming a minimum threshold of $500,000). Can someone explain to me in Example 2, how you can have a negative Net Wagering amount in the months of Feb and April? Everything else seems pretty self explanatory.

1645649533661.png

1645649564715.png

What are Sportsbet like at investigating fraud? My account got hacked today. They deposited $4700 from my bank into my Sportsbet acct, then changed my bank details to theirs, and withdrew the cash. $5k gone. My bank said they can't help me, so it's up to Sportsbet. So can I trust them to investigate this properly or not? It's pretty easy to see the issue. I only ever deposit $25 at a time. So I can't believe they didn't Red flag a $4700 deposit out of the blue!! Is hacked accounts a common thing?
Update?

Looks like almost no one read the OP lol but I've enjoyed the discussion and updates all the same.
Was meant to be a quick reference for people looking to sign up somewhere and ended up being mostly about BetFair which is totally fine. Clearly if you get too good at punting you're going to look at places like SportMarket but this is just a bookmaker list for now.

BEST:
TS 15
TAB 11
Pointsbet 2
BudgetBet 2
Lads 2

BLURST:
PalmerBet 10
UniBet 5
BetDeluxe 4
BlueBet 3
ActionBet 3
Neds 2

palmerbet_1509338698.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refunded the stolen money thanks mate. Took between 2 to 3 weeks, but finally got the money put back in my account. I have lost a little confidence in the app I must say. And the fact it took nearly 3 weeks to refund wasn't great at all as my account was suspended during that whole time. Anyway, the main thing is I got the money back and Sportsbet customer service team were pretty good overall, but the communication to let me know where the investigation was at, was non existent throughout the whole time which was disappointing.

Refunded the stolen money thanks mate. Took between 2 to 3 weeks, but finally got the money put back in my account. I have lost a little confidence in the app I must say. And the fact it took nearly 3 weeks to refund wasn't great at all as my account was suspended during that whole time. Anyway, the main thing is I got the money back and Sportsbet customer service team were pretty good overall, but the communication to let me know where the investigation was at, was non existent throughout the whole time which was disappointing.
Terrific news.

I have found their customer service to be very hit and miss.

It would have been Sportsbets bank dealing with the bank that was the destination for the funds transfer out. Sportsbets bank would have requested the funds to be blocked and then the other bank would have investigated it before they returned it. 2 to 3 weeks not too bad really, I have to deal with banking codes at work and it is all up to 30 days, 60 days etc. They take their sweet time to do anything. Good to get the cash back. If I wasn't so lazy I'd set up some deposit limits on my accounts, not for responsible gambling, but just so I couldn't get took like that.

Looks like almost no one read the OP lol but I've enjoyed the discussion and updates all the same.
Was meant to be a quick reference for people looking to sign up somewhere and ended up being mostly about BetFair which is totally fine. Clearly if you get too good at punting you're going to look at places like SportMarket but this is just a bookmaker list for now.

BEST:
TS 15
TAB 11
Pointsbet 2
BudgetBet 2
Lads 2

BLURST:
PalmerBet 10
UniBet 5
BetDeluxe 4
BlueBet 3
ActionBet 3
Neds 2

View attachment 1336619
just reread your post a couple of numbers. What do those numbers mean ?

His ranking out of 10
That cant be right ? or it is a bit of a joke?

Pointsbet I can understand is pretty average- their multis especially the Same Game Multi pays low compared to the other bookies. Their algorithms are set in a way which at times makes no sense or they simply want the punter to lose. Eg if you have two contrasting outcomes, you would often see the odds reduced : In a soccer match , Player A kicks a goal for their team at $2, Player B kicks a goal for their team at $2. In a SGM, with PointsBet, it would get crunched into some weird number like $3.30 for both team to kick goals in the same game. This is just one example of many which I have noticed out of many. Palmerbet seem a carbon copy of Sportsbet. (I dont mind Sportsbet personally) For innovation, Palmerbet would be close to a 1/10. TAB and TopSport I have also not had many issues in the past. The only thing about TopSport is, their odds for long-shots arent as competitive as other books. For H2H, lines, totals- TopSport offer their usual 'Bonus Token' and 'Top Up ' token. But its very rare do you find decent odds on outsiders compared to exchanges and even TAB/Sportsbet.

It would have been Sportsbets bank dealing with the bank that was the destination for the funds transfer out. Sportsbets bank would have requested the funds to be blocked and then the other bank would have investigated it before they returned it. 2 to 3 weeks not too bad really, I have to deal with banking codes at work and it is all up to 30 days, 60 days etc. They take their sweet time to do anything. Good to get the cash back. If I wasn't so lazy I'd set up some deposit limits on my accounts, not for responsible gambling, but just so I couldn't get took like that.
Anyway I have to look into Sportmarket. Would really like access to some of those foreign agencies. I spoke via chat to one of their reps who gave me a sample of their platform, it almost seems too good to be true.

I changed my bet limit once my account came back online.

I believe the security team got smashed with covid and they had quite a few hacks to deal with as well. The main issue for me was the lack of communication with me, the customer and guy who had 5k stolen. I had to contact them everytime and never got 1 email or call throughout the whole process. It was rough. Thankfully I could cover 5k.being taken,but it would have been a total nightmare for anyone relying on that 5k.

Are TAB ranked so high because it includes people voting for the fact you can bet with them on a terminal anonymously in venues?

I ask this because their website on its own is similar to any other corporate acting like scared money by cutting you off quickly.

Are TAB ranked so high because it includes people voting for the fact you can bet with them on a terminal anonymously in venues?
I ask this because their website on its own is similar to any other corporate acting like scared money by cutting you off quickly.
At least they still let you on to win a somewhat decent amount.

Compare this with Sportsbet, Bet365, Unibet & all the minnows.

TAB not perfect, not in same league as TopSport, but still a worthwhile account to have in the restricted/limited environment we have.

At least they review accounts and increase your betting limits if you meet their criteria. Not many do that. When you're limited, it's usually curtains.

I've had my account reviewed a few times and betting limits have been increased twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back