Betting/tracking/gambling software

Remove this Banner Ad

i use the above too it's good but i edited out a heap of columns to things i wanted. for all extras have seperate sheet to combine database results with bet results for all the small analysis things.

Used to maintain my own AFL and cricket (ODI) models. Started out with Excel and then moved to a software model, since I'm a software developer. They did good, not great. Taught me about value and how to build models.

Haven't done it for a while now. I'd like to again but it also taught me how much time it sucks up looking for that perfect weighting and tweaking inputs and parameters.

Sent using Tapatalk

FYI tried out Bettingmetrics PRO version. It was a cancel anytime subscription so gave it a go. Do not recommend and will be cancelling it.
It's perfectly acceptable as a free software, but for around $17 AUD a month it's not good enough at that pricepoint. It doesn't sync that well, it's not very intuitive and the user interface isn't easy or obvious to navigate around. The support is poor despite promoting "premium support" with the pro subscription, and the features are fairly limited for a paid service.

The only thing the $17 has been worth it for is it has very quickly allowed me to identify the sports and bets where I have been leaking money and shown me where I am profitable and so removing some of those leaks will save me a lot more than $17 very quickly so that's a win, but I'm still looking for other options and recommendations. Will have a look at that above spreadsheet, but that's the thing I'm trying to get away from. Looking for some decent, automated software.

Surely there has to be some out there with how big the online sports betting industry is worldwide.

Maybe? Haha? You cant bet live halfway through a footy match through betfair? What am I missing here?
Hmmm... Yes you can. You can bet live anywhere.

You might be getting confused with not being able to bet live online in Australia.

You might be getting confused with not being able to bet live online in Australia.
Yes that's exactly right, I cant bet live online in Australia. If you are outside of Aus that clears up my confusion, but that's not always clear on an Australian footy forum :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that's exactly right, I cant bet live online in Australia. If you are outside of Aus that clears up my confusion, but that's not always clear on an Australian footy forum :p
I live in Australia. I have to make a phone call to bet live. I understand this is an inconvenience, but because there are consistently plenty of opportunities to make decent guaranteed money by trading and arbing via live betting if you know what you're doing, I can't imagine not making that phone call.

I have timed how long it takes for me to place a live bet when connected to an operator. I average anywhere between 18 to 27 seconds on Betfair (66 seconds if Helmet is the operator, in which case it pays to hang up and redial), and about 20-23 seconds on Topsport (it used to be about 10 seconds before they started putting you on hold to refer your bet to a trader).

I've been betting live consistently for about six years, so I have developed a bit of a knack for it. I have my system which works well and allows a good operator to place my bet within 20 seconds.

I live in Australia. I have to make a phone call to bet live. I understand this is an inconvenience, but because there are consistently plenty of opportunities to make decent guaranteed money by trading and arbing via live betting if you know what you're doing, I can't imagine not making that phone call.

I have timed how long it takes for me to place a live bet when connected to an operator. I average anywhere between 18 to 27 seconds on Betfair (66 seconds if Helmet is the operator, in which case it pays to hang up and redial), and about 20-23 seconds on Topsport (it used to be about 10 seconds before they started putting you on hold to refer your bet to a trader).

I've been betting live consistently for about six years, so I have developed a bit of a knack for it. I have my system which works well and allows a good operator to place my bet within 20 seconds.
Yeh nice. I used to do live betting with Tennis and NBA, both great sports to do it because a set win significantly changes the odds and in NBA even crap teams go on big scoring swings.

Used to win a bit, but got over the live betting by phone, it requires you to be constantly involved and sit by the phone and be ready to strike very quickly, it's great for finding situations where you cant lose by backing the odds swings, but you still need the match to setup that opportunity for you so it's never a guarantee.

I've actually never done it through Betfair though, only Sportsbet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back