Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Remove this Banner Ad

Somewhat off topic - has anybody ever had an issue with bets not being paid out, voided, etc?

If so, and customer support didn't rectify the issue - have you ever gone to a body such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation and submitted a complaint?

I have a feeling I might have a battle on my hands...

Hard to know what to say without details but I understand if you don’t wanna post it.

If it’s not a palp or after the start then there’s no reason for them not to pay out.

It's sorted itself now so happy to spill the beans.

I had a lay bet on Betfair. The bet was accepted and the race was run to completion.

Checking the results it was initially paid out. Then checking later it had ERROR and then the previously paid winnings were deducted from my account with commentary FIX next to the lines.

They've since removed these lines and paid it out as expected.

Was very concerning coming from Betfair as I had a feeling they had some IT issue and they were planning on voiding all bets on that market.

Having said that, my emails were never replied to.

get with the times CiK!

I got banned from them in 2015! :D

edit: and not for promos but for repeatedly beating them (getting on at high odds before they came in).

Healthy competition is always welcome. I support every new book and if you get s**t odds/customer service/promo banned etc I suggest you move on and vote with your feet. The market is so competitive we shouldn't have to put up with anything sub par

TBF unibet are one of the good ones that allow the shenanigans to go on a little bit longer than other corps. Neds promo banned Mum after 4 days and ive known people who have had their accounts illegally closed by them for the crime of being profitable.
Not sticking up for Neds at all, and I don't know the details in your case, but I can easily imagine situations where a bookie can determine if promos are being abused after 4 days. Still think a warning should be the first step for them like some of the smaller companies.

If you want to prevent accounts from being promo banned for any significant amount of time, you need to be betting on non promo markets as well.

Not sticking up for Neds at all, and I don't know the details in your case, but I can easily imagine situations where a bookie can determine if promos are being abused after 4 days. Still think a warning should be the first step for them like some of the smaller companies.

If you want to prevent accounts from being promo banned for any significant amount of time, you need to be betting on non promo markets as well.

Neds and Pointsbet are ******* campaigners.

Why would you offer promos as an incentive to sign up, and then when they are "used" almost immediately remove them?

There is literally no sane argument that can back these campaigners.

Why would you offer promos as an incentive to sign up, and then when they are "used" almost immediately remove them?

Pointsbet in particular are shockers with that. I signed up a couple of years ago when they had a 20 points up, you win promo going on every match of the AFL. Literally had two sub $100 bets and got the 'promos cancelled' email.

The only reason I can think of is to attract as many people as possible and hope that the losers stay.

Pointsbet in particular are shockers with that. I signed up a couple of years ago when they had a 20 points up, you win promo going on every match of the AFL. Literally had two sub $100 bets and got the 'promos cancelled' email.

The only reason I can think of is to attract as many people as possible and hope that the losers stay.
Yep I found them quite frustrating. They actually cold called me to join so I did, but they had a promo on MB 2/3 for all Melb and Syd races. I only bet on horse racing and generally only in Syd / Melb as the main meetings and as such where I normally bet had promos on each race. By 3pm on the first Sat they cancelled promos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pointsbet are shockers i lasted 4 weeks with them.

Yep I found them quite frustrating. They actually cold called me to join so I did, but they had a promo on MB 2/3 for all Melb and Syd races. I only bet on horse racing and generally only in Syd / Melb as the main meetings and as such where I normally bet had promos on each race. By 3pm on the first Sat they cancelled promos.
Exactly this.

Yeah but do they think that they'll get/keep customers that way? I haven't used my Neds or PB accounts since they did that. And when my casual punter mates ask me if I should sign up with them, I tell them not to. Surely that filters down across the country.

Yeah but do they think that they'll get/keep customers that way? I haven't used my Neds or PB accounts since they did that. And when my casual punter mates ask me if I should sign up with them, I tell them not to. Surely that filters down across the country.
Yep absolutely zero issue if any corp promo bans someone if they abuse promos for 1-2 weeks, after giving them a warning. But when they are banning people on day 1 without even checking their betting trends they are just losing customers forever.

I lasted 24hrs. Doubled the sign up deposit bonus and was banned the next day. Absolute disgrace.
Do you think this might've had something to do with your patterns on other books?
Eg. I was promo banned on the same day by UB, Lads and PB after being a member of all 3 for over a year.
Surely that can't be a coincidence, they must talk to each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back