Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely these bets should be voided. It's standard practice across all bookies for 1st innings run markets to be voided if the team in question doesn't bat first.
Agree. That doesn't make any sense, should be voided. 1st Innings total markets for the team batting second should ideally be taken down after the toss as they're redundant.

Update re. PickleBet.

To my surprise, they have made a final decision not to void my bet. It's not like there is any grey. It's black and white. Punters beware of this shady treatment.

They have advised my to lodge a dispute with NTGR. My research shows the NTGR will almost always side with the licencee.

Based on that, even though there is very clearly obvious the bet should have been voided, is there actually a chance they will side with PickleBet if I lodge a dispute with them? Surely not...

Yeah ruling makes no sense but do they offer unders on them markets? Would be a pretty decent edge to exploit. Make lemonade out of their dodginess
I've noticed tonight they've realised their error and they don't have a market up for the team batting second.

1634637141369.png

Attachments

• 1634637115845.png
    1634637115845.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 29
Do you have Picklebet's T&C's about cricket? Absolutely no doubt they're being dodgy but any success with the NTGR would probably revolve around that.
Nothing in their terms and conditions. Do you mean their betting rules? There's nothing in there about the team batting second having a marking for 'First Innings Runs'. This is all there is.

1634637936099.png

1634637952484.png

It's pretty clear as day that any bets placed on a team's 'First Innings Runs' when they bat second is a non-runner. Effectively that event didn't take place. So they have settled a market on an event that didn't take place.

They wouldn't pay out on Lebron James having 20+ kills in LOL yesterday, would they? No, because that didn't take place. But if they did pay out on that... It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Update re. PickleBet.

To my surprise, they have made a final decision not to void my bet. It's not like there is any grey. It's black and white. Punters beware of this shady treatment.

They have advised my to lodge a dispute with NTGR. My research shows the NTGR will almost always side with the licencee.

Based on that, even though there is very clearly obvious the bet should have been voided, is there actually a chance they will side with PickleBet if I lodge a dispute with them? Surely not...
I've not yet lodged a complaint with the NTRC, but I contacted them this evening for advice as to how to best lodge a complaint. After explaining the process to me, I was asked, "Just out of interest stake, what is your dispute."

I briefly explained the situation. His response, "Yeah, that's right. The bet for the team who batted in the second innings should have been refunded. Have you checked their Terms and Conditions?"

I was encouraged by that.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
why would you send them topsport and TAB rules? They might have their own - other book rules are irrelevant

without looking into it that may be why the lines are more generous there hence you betting there rather than Toppy or tab

why would you send them topsport and TAB rules? They might have their own - other book rules are irrelevant

without looking into it that may be why the lines are more generous there hence you betting there rather than Toppy or tab
I've explained that. No need to explain it again.

sk1001

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I’ve had a couple of unsettling experiences with PickleBet, and I’m making this post to address my concerns in the hope others aren’t affected by this very poor experience in the future.

On 05/10/21, I placed a couple of bets on the IPL (Cricket) pertaining to ‘First Innings Runs’. The first bet involved Rajasthan scoring over 148.5 runs in the first innings. The second bet involved Mumbai scoring over 141.5 runs in the first innings. For those who are familiar with Cricket, you will be fully aware that only one team bats in the first innings. For those who have placed similar bets in the past, you will be aware that any bet placed on this market involving a team who doesn’t bat first (I.e. First Innings) will become void, with your stake refunded. This is very routine and doesn’t require an explanation.

Both of my bets on this market were settled. I made contact with them and kindly informed them that my bet on Mumbai should have been voided due to the fact they didn’t bat in the first innings. They had incorrectly settled this bet as a loss instead of void.

The feedback I received, which you can review below in the attached screenshots, is that because the match reached a natural conclusion, my bet stands. In the same feedback, I was told my bet is being refunded only as a goodwill gesture.

I responded to that by refusing to accept it as a goodwill gesture. I found that response unreasonable, unjust and simply wrong. I made the operator aware of the rules of Cricket, pointed out their very clear error, and I kindly advised them to ensure they are aware of this issue so it doesn’t affect any clients in the future.

I received a response to that by thanking me for my feedback, and advising me they will endeavour to look into this.

I expected that to be a one off experience, as anyone would.

Last night, prior to the Ireland and Netherland T20 match, I placed a couple of bets with PickleBet pertaining to ‘First Innings Runs’. One bet was placed on Netherland’s First Innings Runs. Another bet was placed on Ireland’s ‘First Innings Runs’. Obviously only one team bats in the first innings, so one of those bets was required to be voided (the bet on the team who doesn’t bat in the First Innings).

Netherlands batted first, which means my bet on Ireland should have been refunded.

I noticed both bets were still pending prior to the match commencing. About ten minutes prior to the match commencing, I contacted PickleBet via Email just to confirm my bet on Ireland would be refunded. I made them aware of the previous experience I had in relation to a First Innings Runs bet being incorrectly settled instead of being voided. Because this occurred after business hours, there was no other way I could have contacted them to ensure my bet on Ireland would be refunded.

Anyway, my bet on Ireland has once again been settled as a loss instead of being voided. I have reached out to them and so far they are refusing to admit they are in the wrong and they have not yet refunded my bet. This is both laughable and unsettling and I’d hate for anyone else to be troubled by this experience.

I’m not sure what the end game is here, but they are clearly in the wrong and I am going to be taking this further.

Has anyone else been troubled or unsettled by an experience with this mob?

Pending bets pertaining to experience on 05/10/21.
View attachment 1263440

Response I received pertaining to contact I made on 06/10/21.
View attachment 1263442

My response to 'good will'

View attachment 1263445
View attachment 1263447
View attachment 1263448

Screenshot of settled bets pertaining to experience on 18/10/21.
View attachment 1263450

I don't have any screenshots of correspondence from this latest experience, only because they have not responded to my emails. But after having a chat to them on live chat, I didn't get a good vibe and I was told an agent will respond to my email shortly. My bet wasn't refunded at the time of receiving that of receiving that response, so I'm fully expecting to be told via Email that my bet on Ireland's First Innings runs won't be voided.

Had something similar with Picklebet and baseball.

It's common practice that the starting pitcher is named alongside the team and that if the starting pitcher does not start, the bet is voided.

Picklebet did not have the starting pitcher name alongside the team and tried to convince me that because the starting pitcher did not start, the bet would be voided. Of course, it's impossible to tell who the starting pitcher is/was because he was not named in the selection.

I pressed them and they paid out on goodwill but more evidence of gaps in their markets.

sk1001

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
You sure there's no minimum runners in T&C?

Not bothering to check myself because I've been banned from sportsbet for probably 10 years

Back