Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

as mentioned above, one random on twitter mentioned that word, I can't see this being the case. Right from the word go they made it hard for certain clients to withdraw, the stat dec holds no weight, just threaten to go the commission and they'll cave.

RE: not complying with MBL, quite a few will try to avoid this, if you go to each states Racing body they'll force them to comply with them. No guarantee that they will accept bets when you try to bet but they have to be able to prove they layed that price to someone else if they decline you.

i can't imagine they've done this deliberately to try and win a bet (sportsbet)? possibly done something to the market name in their system by accident.
not putting it past someone knew like Neds trying this but given how terrible their system seems to be every chance its been done by accident also and they've just tried to sweep it under the table and not admit the real reason for it to happen.
More evidence you gather the better foxy_dal but really don't think they'd be wasting their time trying to win a few hundred or whatever the stakes are.
You are probably right but I think the more people that share their experiences, the more vigilant others will hopefully be and expose any potential dodgy dealings going on. I fully understand bookmakers make mistakes, probably alot more often than they should. I've also been on the other end where a loss had been graded as a win by mistake. In foxy_dal's case, you'd hope they do the right thing but considering he's experienced it twice now, along with all the other horror stories starting to appear about Neds... it doesn't look good.

There have been a few examples of me clicking on a price to add to my bet slip, and what I click on isn't consistent with what appears in my bet slip. You have to double check what the bet says in the bet slip before confirming.

View attachment 453690 View attachment 453691

An email i received from them on Tuesday, Not willing to comply with MBL unless you sign a stat dec form etc. (Like what Ladbrokes does with some of their customers)

This is blatantly illegal.

The only reason they can request further documentation is because you are suspected of breaching AML or being a bowler account. If they are willing to take mid tote bets without extra documentation then you are not suspected of this so no further documentation is required simply because you want to bet a different product which by law they must offer.

Send a copy of the transcript to Racing Vic and Racing NSW and they will force Neds to comply.

This is blatantly illegal.

The only reason they can request further documentation is because you are suspected of breaching AML or being a bowler account. If they are willing to take mid tote bets without extra documentation then you are not suspected of this so no further documentation is required simply because you want to bet a different product which by law they must offer.

Send a copy of the transcript to Racing Vic and Racing NSW and they will force Neds to comply.
Do this and let us know how you go.

There have been a few examples of me clicking on a price to add to my bet slip, and what I click on isn't consistent with what appears in my bet slip. You have to double check what the bet says in the bet slip before confirming.
I thought most sites alert you if a price has changed between clicking on it to add to bet slip and actually placing the bet? Can understand that happens often in racing or just before an event starts, but the changing of a line or market in a betslip is something else entirely.
I had an issue the other night on betfair where I layed a horse at an unmatched price I hoped would eventually be matched. Was a good 5-6 hours pre-race. The website somehow placed the bet at betfair starting price... impossible considering you have to check a box to even display the option for BSP. I called customer support straight away and they told me that bets placed at BSP cannot be cancelled but they would investigate via checking keystrokes etc. Never heard back from them again.
Clearly there are IT issues with every bookmaker, as the punter we just seem to have to cop it.

I had this same bet too and thought it was my eyes playing until you said this.

Funny story about Neds that is ongoing, around mid-December, I loaned a friend some money to do some matched betting. Shortly after opening the account. they shut it down saying it would take 60 days for security to investigate the issue and requested him for credit card verification and ID verification as per usual. Just after New Year's, he got a letter in the mail asking to sign a stat dec about third parties loaning him and if he was controlling the account fully. I told him to email back saying I had loaned him to help him make money and was unable to sign it, but was fully controlling the account. They then called him asking if he had signed contracts with other bookmakers and saying they can raid his house for information if needed. As two uni students, we are relatively clueless on the topic, but was just wondering, what others thought on the topic. (FYI - initial deposit was $2k, $500 bet lost on turnover and was closed after this)

Do/did you have a Neds account?

I would say the end is nigh for neds. As mentioned in another thread the promo banhammer has dropped. I suspect the purse strings are tightening if not already tightened.

I think talk of Neds demise are very early. More likely they’ve been going for about 6 months so have a fairly good read of their customer base now. Received the promo ban which was obviously a group cull (probably most of these accounts would be cut at other corporates, I know in my case they have anyway). Suspected bowlers will have received forms - more likely that some of these are wrong but you’d be surprised at how many bowler accounts leave money in accounts behind once caught (speaking from previous experience at a corporate). The worst part is the legitimate clients they look to have basically culled 365 style due to being unable to beat them. Hopefully pressure comes and they bet all accounts minimum bet, although this doesn’t help dogs punters or trots punters in most states.

I never understand why punters death ride new bookies- the more the better for us. With Tatts disappearing, the William Hill uncertainty and the rumours around ladbrokes I hope Neds are around for years. IMO neds are far from the worst bookie out at the moment with their racing percentages, and they even take some agressive stances on runners which is refreshing for a corporate. The sports side is limited but improving, but still has a fair ways to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part is the legitimate clients they look to have basically culled 365 style due to being unable to beat them. Hopefully pressure comes and they bet all accounts minimum bet, although this doesn’t help dogs punters or trots punters in most states.

Wouldn't dogs and trots winners get restricted pretty quick on most sites?

Wouldn't dogs and trots winners get restricted pretty quick on most sites?
Definitely, I should have worded myself better. I meant at least gallops punters now have the safety of minimum bet laws which mean they can always get on to win a reasonable amount, but dogs and trots punters don’t have that to fall back on (although Victorian harness racing now has MBL as well), so once their account is marked it’s either bet to win basically nothing or use a bowler account to just repeat the process again.

The thought of minimum bet laws in harness racing is interesting. Participants don’t need any further encouragement to cheat, and the way they’ve been traveling the industry may not even be around in a decade. Might actually do more harm than good.

Once again my withdrawal was in my account the next day

ce2.png

Just another downvote on the bad behavior of Neds.

I don't use them much but placed a $20 bet on a horse last Saturday under the cash back if lose promotion.

The horse lost and I checked mid-week but saw no refund.

I call them and asked for the cash refund.

They responded that I was promo banned.

I said I had not received any email to that effect and I rarely use promos anyway.

They said they would review my account and consider.

Two days later I receive an email saying I was promo banned.

I call back Neds and say that is their prerogative. However, I would not have placed the bet on the horse had I known I was promo banned.

It was only $20, and I expected Neds to refund my money.

However, it went to a supervisor who refused.

I am sure I could go to the gambling regulator and get $20 back based on Ned's bad behaviour.

However, I am still waiting for Ubet to pay me after they lost a regulator's decision over a month ago (and I really CBF for $20).

So Ned's goes onto my 'Don't Use' list for being an unreasonable bookie that has bad business practices.

I have withdrawn my funds now (and hopefully they do arrive!)

Edit: On second thought I might go the regulator. I don't like dishonest bookies.

Last edited:
I’ve withdrawn from Ned’s multiple times wth no problem. I tend not to withdraw large amounts in one go, but did withdraw 3 x $500 on Monday, and received it Wednesday

Doesn't pretty much every promo say they are for recreational punters only? They can just arbitrarily decide that and not pay you out on the promo component I would have thought - doubt the regulator will overturn it.

Doesn't pretty much every promo say they are for recreational punters only? They can just arbitrarily decide that and not pay you out on the promo component I would have thought - doubt the regulator will overturn it.

Agreed - but the punter needs to know before handing over their hard earned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back