Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably thought the chase the ace promo would bail him out of the debt

To be fair to lose 16m he'd have a fair few rewards points on the turnover! Enough Virgin points to fly to Majorca and avoid the debt.

why would you lay off a losing punters bets?

I'm sure they layed off some of the them, at least to start. Offer him s**t odds and then layoff at citibet for a guaranteed profit. I mean individual traders would be worried about him destroying their personal ledgers. Particularly if he is dropping a lot of coin on races and then decides to put a $100k on an NRL match or something. Would tip an NRL traders ledger for a month from black to red in a single bet if it won.

Are corporates really laying off bets on an illegal exchange? That seems a bit risky for an operation that doesnt need to take that risk. No guarantee of laying off for a profit anyway when you need to lay at tote odds + discount

Just another downvote on the bad behavior of Neds.

I don't use them much but placed a $20 bet on a horse last Saturday under the cash back if lose promotion.

The horse lost and I checked mid-week but saw no refund.

I call them and asked for the cash refund.

They responded that I was promo banned.

I said I had not received any email to that effect and I rarely use promos anyway.

They said they would review my account and consider.

Two days later I receive an email saying I was promo banned.

I call back Neds and say that is their prerogative. However, I would not have placed the bet on the horse had I known I was promo banned.

It was only $20, and I expected Neds to refund my money.

However, it went to a supervisor who refused.

I am sure I could go to the gambling regulator and get $20 back based on Ned's bad behaviour.

However, I am still waiting for Ubet to pay me after they lost a regulator's decision over a month ago (and I really CBF for $20).

So Ned's goes onto my 'Don't Use' list for being an unreasonable bookie that has bad business practices.

I have withdrawn my funds now (and hopefully they do arrive!)

Edit: On second thought I might go the regulator. I don't like dishonest bookies.

Similar happened to me, they ripped the "promotions can be revoked without any notification (or words to that effect)" line on me. I didn't bother checking the T&C, I just told them it was poor form on live chat and then withdrew my money

Similar happened to me, they ripped the "promotions can be revoked without any notification (or words to that effect)" line on me. I didn't bother checking the T&C, I just told them it was poor form on live chat and then withdrew my money

FYI - Neds have just refunded my $20 via e-mail. I assume due to my contact with the regulator rather then their change of heart.

Are corporates really laying off bets on an illegal exchange? That seems a bit risky for an operation that doesnt need to take that risk. No guarantee of laying off for a profit anyway when you need to lay at tote odds + discount
of course they aren't using citibet, the only bettors you would want to lay off action with are known winners, these prices likely aren't going to be available at citibet by race time.

laying off someone losing millions makes zero sense, its a bad bet

lads.jpg

Is this normal that they've completely closed my account?

I figured I would just get limited to basically zero when they were sick of me but they've removed my login access completely. I've even still got a pending bet.

If you are taking advantage of arbitrage opportunities and it’s fairly obvious then they will just limit you in my experience. If they have closed your account because you are genuinely a winning punter, does it really matter at the end of the day? Just use another book?

lads.jpg

Is this normal that they've completely closed my account?

I figured I would just get limited to basically zero when they were sick of me but they've removed my login access completely. I've even still got a pending bet.
yeah happened to me ages ago for pretty much nothing, they will still honour your existing bets though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are taking advantage of arbitrage opportunities and it’s fairly obvious then they will just limit you in my experience. If they have closed your account because you are genuinely a winning punter, does it really matter at the end of the day? Just use another book?
Yes, absolutely. It's their right to make the call. It's more that I have a pending bet that it surprised me they've completely removed my access.

What did you do to annoy them?

Found they had really good tennis odds the past couple of weeks and got a few good size winnings. A bit of arb and a bit of H2H.

Not going to argue their decision just haven't seen a complete closure before, just really heavy limiting down to like $1 per bet.

Yes, absolutely. It's their right to make the call. It's more that I have a pending bet that it surprised me they've completely removed my access.
Happened to me as well before, lads/bookmaker/betstar (all same company) are just overly sensitive. The bet will still stand regardless of if its any arb and you will be able to withdrawl what ever is left after the bet has resulted. If your overly worried you can request an account statement which they can send you via email and it will show your balance and the pending bets - good for piece of mind incase the bet gets up :)

They can't close your account unless they have proof you are money laundering or a bowler. It has to stay open to comply with MBL.

If you don't bet racing let it go, you'll be limited to nothing but if you punt on the gallops they can be forced to comply. Only took me 3 supreme court challenges, 4 heart attacks, my left testicle, 9 stats decs signed by a JP and copies of the last 134 years of bank account statements opened by me,my family or anyone in my street but they now let me bet to MBL.

Last edited:
Have had good success with b365 cash back upto $50 for second or third. They run it pretty much every Saturday. A few times I’ve even been able to beat them and lay for less than I backed.
Some books are even offering money back/bonus bets if it runs 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back