Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Got an email from BetEasy the other day saying I hadn't logged into my account for almost 2 years I think it was and if I didn't in the next week I'd get charged an 'administrative fee' up to $10 then x amount every month afterwards.

Logged on to check, only had $5 in the account so I didn't really care and figured that would have pushed it out. Suppose it's on me as I didn't read the email but I actually needed to place a bet but I find it ridiculous that they can charge an administrative fee for having not placed a bet in a time period, surely logging on would be enough.

G'day

My name is Cormac and I am an account manager here at BlueBet.

BlueBet is a 100% Australian owned and operated bookmaker.

We are currently running a promotion for new clients: Matched Deposit on Your Initial Deposit.

If you would like more details about this offer, reply to this email and we can get started.

You can check out the website here: www.BlueBet.com.au

To opt out, reply STOP. Gamble Responsibly.

Cheers,

Cormac Sullivan

Anyone use this site? Isn't it the old guy from Sportingbet? Are they ok?

Technically not a "betting website", but this is potentially a massive kick in the guts.

Placing bets in a gaming or TAB outlet via an EBT (Electronic Betting Terminal) is appealing to serious punters. It's a lot harder to track betting activity, and there is no issue getting bets on. Unlike most corporate books who flat out reject or limit your wins to extremely piss poor amounts, using an EBT is an attractive option.

Most people would be within a 10km radius of at least one gaming venue who operate an EBT between 18-20 hours a day. If you want to place a bet at 3AM, you can attend your local gaming venue(s) to use an EBT.

While a lot of people (myself included) find this extremely inconvenient to leave the comfort of your house to place large bets, it's often well worth it when you're getting +EV odds with the ability to place a decent size bet.

As of last week, I noticed a bet that I placed using an EBT was rejected. The odds on that selection were then adjusted. That's the first time I had encountered a bet being rejected on an EBT.

This week, I have had an additional two bets rejected (at separate venues). On both occasions, the odds on that selection were brought in. On one of those occasions, it was only a $200 bet.

This is potentially a huge kick in the guts, and betting managers with the TAB might finally be tightening the grip on limits allowed using an EBT. Commercially this could be considered a risk, because 99% of punters who use EBTs wouldn't target +EV situations, so those punters are also having bets rejected, they may lose a large percentage of "mug punters".

Seems like a net win for the TAB - I'm sure its being done in a smart enough fashion that the bets being rejected are those that are negative EV for them.

They are not stopping joe loser from having 200 on Redzel on the weekend

Tight odds and promo bans super quick but they pay.

Standard 2nd tier book

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, as per terms and conditions, legislation prohibits us from offering a Deposit Bonus as a sign of inducement to betting to anyone who reside in NSW, SA, VIC & WA. We are unable to extend any offers to you at this time.

Please ensure you are signed up to our marketing email list as we will send you an email should your account be eligible for any offers in the future.

Warm Regards,

The Bluebet Team

Are there any that will honour matched deposits for SA residents?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, as per terms and conditions, legislation prohibits us from offering a Deposit Bonus as a sign of inducement to betting to anyone who reside in NSW, SA, VIC & WA. We are unable to extend any offers to you at this time.

Please ensure you are signed up to our marketing email list as we will send you an email should your account be eligible for any offers in the future.

Warm Regards,

The Bluebet Team

Are there any that will honour matched deposits for SA residents?

I'd try madbookie or classicbet

Technically not a "betting website", but this is potentially a massive kick in the guts.

Placing bets in a gaming or TAB outlet via an EBT (Electronic Betting Terminal) is appealing to serious punters. It's a lot harder to track betting activity, and there is no issue getting bets on. Unlike most corporate books who flat out reject or limit your wins to extremely piss poor amounts, using an EBT is an attractive option.

Most people would be within a 10km radius of at least one gaming venue who operate an EBT between 18-20 hours a day. If you want to place a bet at 3AM, you can attend your local gaming venue(s) to use an EBT.

While a lot of people (myself included) find this extremely inconvenient to leave the comfort of your house to place large bets, it's often well worth it when you're getting +EV odds with the ability to place a decent size bet.

As of last week, I noticed a bet that I placed using an EBT was rejected. The odds on that selection were then adjusted. That's the first time I had encountered a bet being rejected on an EBT.

This week, I have had an additional two bets rejected (at separate venues). On both occasions, the odds on that selection were brought in. On one of those occasions, it was only a $200 bet.

This is potentially a huge kick in the guts, and betting managers with the TAB might finally be tightening the grip on limits allowed using an EBT. Commercially this could be considered a risk, because 99% of punters who use EBTs wouldn't target +EV situations, so those punters are also having bets rejected, they may lose a large percentage of "mug punters".
Are you betting at the same time every day/night and unusual same type of bets? They might work it out from your betting habits.

Wonder if you could get around it by placing a multitude of smaller bets at one or more EBT's?

Are you betting at the same time every day/night and unusual same type of bets? They might work it out from your betting habits.
I considered that possibility.

It's usually around the same time, yes, but is dependent on whether I have the day off or not. I.e. the days I do it is inconsistent, but the times are usually always between 8 - 8:30AM.

Using TAB vouchers from winning tickets may not help. If they really did investigate betting activity by the use of an EBT, another way they could do this, in addition to what touched on, is by tracing vouchers.

I tend to hold off from cashing my vouchers in until I get to a certain amount. Maybe the trick will be to always deposit money into the terminals instead of applying credit by scanning winning vouchers.

Also, today went to a whole new level.

I tried to place a $200 bet. It told me "winning liability exceeded" or "betting limit exceeded". Words to that effect.

I then tried for $100 - same thing.

I then tried for $50 - bet went on straight away. I then placed another $50 on that same selection and the bet went through to a betting manager for approval. The bet was accepted, but the odds changed as a result.

Hopefully this is just limited to NBA player props.

I guess I won't really know if this will be ongoing until I deposit money into an EBT and perhaps use a different venue. As my previous post suggested, maybe they actually have tracked betting patterns and realise I often scan winning (traceable) vouchers to apply credit to EBTs at a couple of venues at similar hours of the day. I am guessing it would be a lot less common for people to use an EBT at 8AM as opposed to 1PM, so from their perspective it would be a lot easier for them to trace.

I also have a theory that if they really wanted to go hell for leather on investigating betting patterns using an EBT, they could follow up with the venue to obtain CCTV footage so they know what I look like. It's unlikely they would go to those lengths, but it's not something you can completely rule out.

Wonder if you could get around it by placing a multitude of smaller bets at one or more EBT's?
It doesn't seem like you can.

One venue I use has two EBTs next to each other.

In the past I have placed a $200 bet using one of the EBTs, which went through straight away. I then placed the same bet amount on the same selection using the other EBT, but it went through to a trader.

The inconvenience of driving to another venue to place an additional bet would seriously outweigh the reward, especially considering they now seem to be capped at $50. Simply not an option.

Most likely they have limits set tight for EBTs in venues where arbs are most common. Probably identified the venues where EBTs are taking bets where odds consistently tighten and reduced the max bet at these venues on the events they know are regularly impacted.

Might be worth trying a different venue on the same event as a one off just to see if your venue has been flagged

Last edited:
Has happened to me before as well for specific venues. Actually used my tab card for my account to see if it would still go to review like normal (it did) and from there the whole pub was limited to 100 or whatever it was for NBA props. Went down the road to the next TAB and might have placed one or two bets before that venue also was limited. Suspect it was all linked back to my card as previously had been able to get more on at these outlets without trouble. Havnt tried at either since so not sure if it was a temporary limit or still existed for any poor mug punter who wants to load up Lebron overs.

Also on tab and NBA props, have been cut back from going to review and getting 100 profit accepted to auto decline anything that is for 50 profit or more...

Most likely they have limits set tight for EBTs in venues where arbs are most common. Probably identified the venues where EBTs are taking bets where odds consistently tighten and reduced the max bet at these venues on the events they know are regularly impacted.

Might be worth trying a different venue on the same event as a one off just to see if your venue has been flagged
I'll be elsewhere this weekend so I might try something there.

Has happened to me before as well for specific venues. Actually used my tab card for my account to see if it would still go to review like normal (it did) and from there the whole pub was limited to 100 or whatever it was for NBA props. Went down the road to the next TAB and might have placed one or two bets before that venue also was limited. Suspect it was all linked back to my card as previously had been able to get more on at these outlets without trouble. Havnt tried at either since so not sure if it was a temporary limit or still existed for any poor mug punter who wants to load up Lebron overs.

Also on tab and NBA props, have been cut back from going to review and getting 100 profit accepted to auto decline anything that is for 50 profit or more...
Thanks for sharing. Sounds promising.

Also, today went to a whole new level.

I tried to place a $200 bet. It told me "winning liability exceeded" or "betting limit exceeded". Words to that effect.

I then tried for $100 - same thing.

I then tried for $50 - bet went on straight away. I then placed another $50 on that same selection and the bet went through to a betting manager for approval. The bet was accepted, but the odds changed as a result.

Hopefully this is just limited to NBA player props.

I guess I won't really know if this will be ongoing until I deposit money into an EBT and perhaps use a different venue. As my previous post suggested, maybe they actually have tracked betting patterns and realise I often scan winning (traceable) vouchers to apply credit to EBTs at a couple of venues at similar hours of the day. I am guessing it would be a lot less common for people to use an EBT at 8AM as opposed to 1PM, so from their perspective it would be a lot easier for them to trace.

I also have a theory that if they really wanted to go hell for leather on investigating betting patterns using an EBT, they could follow up with the venue to obtain CCTV footage so they know what I look like. It's unlikely they would go to those lengths, but it's not something you can completely rule out.
They 100% have, and do obtain CCTV footage to identify retail punters. Most often due to promo abuse and they want to identify punters placing multiple tickets on ‘one per customer’ promotions.

If you are using the same 2-3 venues for the same style bet (player props) they can wind down the liability limit on those bet types at those venues. Add in the fact that NBA props already have low limits as the volume of markets they offer vs. the amount of manpower they put into managing those markets means they aren’t willing to risk much on those bet types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back