Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps this isn't really the right thread for this, but I couldn't find an appropriate thread and it's not worth creating a thread for it. I'm mainly posting this for advice and guidance in the hope that someone is better positioned or more experienced than me in approaching this issue.

On Saturday I placed three NBA bets using an EBT in a TAB outlet. They were all the same bet. The actual bet and stakes aren't important.

The bet won. This morning I went to cash in my winning tickets. The machine processed the ticket(s) and showed "This is not a winning ticket". I double checked the result of my bet and saw that it definitely won.

I contacted TAB customer support, who investigated the bet. They confirmed with me that the bet won and was incorrectly settled as a losing bet.

They explained I have to go to a TAB outlet, fill out a claim form and send in the winning tickets. Once processed, they will credit me with the winnings, either by cheque or straight into my TAB account.

I grabbed a TAB claim form from an operator. She explained to me the process. It's not as simple as 1, 2, 3. I need to fill out a Stat Dec, get an Affidavit signed, send in the winning tickets, and most likely wait six to eight weeks until the claim is processed and I receive my winnings.

Such an inconvenience. I'm sure most here will agree.

From chatting to TAB customer support and doing a very small amount of research, I understand this is pretty much the only process I can follow to collect my winnings (unless someone here can suggest otherwise). The Sportsbet number associated with the ticket changes from day to day. The Sportsbet number from my winning bet is now associated with a different bet from today's NBA matches. They explained this is the reason why they cannot resettle the ticket from a losing ticket to a winning one.

It was also explained to me had I placed the bets using my TAB account, I'd be able to have the winnings credited into my account instantly. They wouldn't be able to resettle the bets, but they'd simply be able to credit me the winnings in a separate transaction. Sorta makes sense, even if I don't agree with the concept.

From my perspective, I feel TAB should be moving with the times. Every other book that I know of has resettled bets for me in the past within 20 minutes of me bringing it to their attention that they have settled a bet incorrectly.

The big issue I have is every time the TAB settles a bet incorrectly, they aren't able to resettle it as a winning bet.

I.e.

Punter X places a $10 bet online. The bet wins but is settled as a loss. Punter X contacts TAB and brings this to their attention. TAB aren't able to resettle the bet but they happily credit them with their winnings.

Punter Y places the same bet. Punter Y checks his betting summary and sees his bet loses. He doesn't think any more of it and just assumes his bet has lost. Because TAB don't resettle bets, Punter Y is now out of pocket.

If this same scenario happens with any other book, the market gets resettled correctly and Punter Y is rightfully awarded with his winnings.

Is there a good reason why the TAB aren't able to move from Sportsbet numbers to transaction IDs? Every other online book has a Transaction ID for each individual bet. It's unique and will never be repeated. As previously explained, the different is the TAB uses Sportsbet numbers that aren't unique. If they changed to receipt or transaction IDs, the bets will be resettled without an issue.

Has anyone experienced similar to this? I'd love to hear of any suggestions people have that allows me to receive my winnings ASAP, instead of waiting for the standard 6-8 weeks until the claim is processed.

Will it be unreasonable for me to request some sort of compensation for their error / inconvenience?
I was hoping someone could offer a resolution. It's been only two weeks. Still gotta wait another 4-6 weeks. Is there not anything else I can do to speed up the process?

Keep in mind that you won't be able to bet live on your existing BF account if you get a VPN. Unfortunately it's not as simple as changing your residence status from Australia to another country. I've tried and it did nothing.

All these stories about the corporates withholding money, freezing accounts, promo banning...why do people bother with them? Is there really that much to be made with promos while you can get a bet on? I know Betfair dont have the range of quirky markets but surely it's a much better product for the long term punters.

Also I saw something in the thread a few pages back about Sportchamps. I use it now and really like it, something a bit different (tournament betting). Someone mentioned about how you can win bets but still lose money, by the same token you can lose bets and win money.

All these stories about the corporates withholding money, freezing accounts, promo banning...why do people bother with them? Is there really that much to be made with promos while you can get a bet on? I know Betfair dont have the range of quirky markets but surely it's a much better product for the long term punters.

Also I saw something in the thread a few pages back about Sportchamps. I use it now and really like it, something a bit different (tournament betting). Someone mentioned about how you can win bets but still lose money, by the same token you can lose bets and win money.

Betting with the corps can get you a better price than betfair though because the weight of betfair money is smarter than the initial odds of the corp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah my Betfair turnover has fallen dramatically. 8-10% Base rates combined with only volume very late on accurate prices means i'm trying to get set earlier on. Yeah there's some good prices late on drifters on BF but they are not really the ones I want to be on even if they are overlays.

Yeah my Betfair turnover has fallen dramatically. 8-10% Base rates combined with only volume very late on accurate prices means i'm trying to get set earlier on. Yeah there's some good prices late on drifters on BF but they are not really the ones I want to be on even if they are overlays.
Betfair is only good for laying and long shots as far as i am concerned.

Betting with the corps can get you a better price than betfair though because the weight of betfair money is smarter than the initial odds of the corp.
If you are consistently getting on early with the corps on prices that firm you will get banned eventually

Betfair is the most important operator amongst the ‘corporates’ here in Australia. The majority of bets in Australia are placed in the last 5 minutes prior to jump. The fact nearly all of this money isn’t going through betfair is down to promos at other corporates and a lack of education.

The worst part is the corporates couldn’t function without betfair and leech off it to set their closing prices whilst attracting all the recreational money that would only make betfair a more attractive product and allow more people to get set.

That’s why I usually get a laugh out of the ‘they knew’ people or those who think big late drifts are a sign of funny business. Sure sometimes it is, but 95% of the time it’s because the pro layers and big betfair players don’t want to show their hand until the market has liquidity. They don’t care if the corporates have it at $5, they’ll lay it til it hits their assessed price or they’ve got what they wanted out of it. Sometimes that’s only $5 to $6, but sometimes it will be $5 to $10+. It’s not suspicious, it’s just the big players hitting the market and they still get plenty wrong.

Just called up SB & asked for a Bday Bonus Bet. They obliged, so I can confirm it works haha

ffs only thing I got last week was a deposit bonus from PalmerBet :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back