Beverly Knight: 2011 EFC board a recipe for disaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Liniment sniffitis and alpha blokes - Beverley is best served being well away from the joint.

Sad as it seems she has a measured perspective of what is required and her counsel may have saved a world of pain..

By the way - was Ron Evans truly a much revered AFL commissioner?

This is the women who was outed as being a mole on our board who was feeding secretive club information to Caroline Wilson yeah?
Well the board wasn't listening to her. Maybe she figured the public would.

If she was leaking in 2012 this wouldn't have happened. Sobering thought.

I read the article ... 5 minutes of my life I won't get back .... the article was pointless and told us nothing. Pretty much what I expect from Sam Lane.
It told me something of the tone at EFC that led to the club going off the rails. Told me that David Evans helped lay the groundwork in this. Put a little bit of the flesh on the bones of the cultural climate (impatience, greed, entitlement) that was part of the recipe for the train wreck, to mix metaphors.

the tone was baritone and it was deep in the bowels of David Evans who gave it food for thought to go by the board but instead gave them a wide berth because he knew he was flogging a dead horse and besides his eyes were saucers with greed and impatience.
rather than get cold feet, he knew the ropes so he put his ideas in motion and shared his deep dark secret with his better half and the apple of his eye -the golden child but alas it was a battle of egos, but birds of a feather flock together so they threw a blanket of secrecy over the loose cannon but panic stations had set in, there was no plain sailing and things had gone off the rails to the point of no return.
there was a roller coaster of emotions and although they had been rolling in the dough there was now a rainbow of challenges, a rainbow of hope, a sea of bees a sea of umbrellas, a sea of sorrows.
the path of glory was now a path of exile and shiver me timbers would everyone just simmer down, don't jump the shark but instead smell the roses.
but the smell was of fear and a smoking gun, they had to shoot the messenger because they didn't like the cut of his jib, by now the sweet dreams and sweet smell of success had come to a bitter end, it was time to walk the plank, for time is a thief and a sea of uncertainty.
the wheels of justice were Turkeys voting for Christmas but it was the cultural climate and the only thing left was to tell it to the marines who were standing on the shoulders of giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed she was or speculated she was?
Confirmed.

Club put BS stories to several board members they believed were leaking to Caro.

Nek minnit Caro was reporting the one told to Bev.

Kinda amusing how dumb they were to fall for what is a very simply trick.

Yeah I'm sure that's the reason. She fears the way her club is heading so as a board member with considerable power to suggest changes, she instead chooses to leak confidential information to a football journalist.
Considerable power? I call bullshit. It was a boys club. Still is. She clearly was frustrated by her inability to break through the barrier and that's why she turned to Caro.

What's your explanation then?
Its been pointed out what her motives were multiple times. Try the search function. :)

And it has nothing to do with the way the club was moving. Chuck the name Cole in your search with Bev. See what you get.

What's your explanation then?

Going back to 2007, Knight was heavily involved in getting Richard Cole to come across from Collingwood. When he ultimately failed she cracked the darks, demandign he stay on the list. Fair to say the club members and board members were tired of her meddling interference.

Going back to 2007, Knight was heavily involved in getting Richard Cole to come across from Collingwood. When he ultimately failed she cracked the darks, demandign he stay on the list. Fair to say the club members and board members were tired of her meddling interference.
Yes because the alternative was so much better......:rolleyes:

Thanks for filling in the blanks. Why do you think she thought he was important to be on the board?

Yes because the alternative was so much better......:rolleyes:

Thanks for filling in the blanks. Why do you think she thought he was important to be on the board?
Cole was a spud player that she thought of as a son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back