Bevo out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked seeing JJ and Crozier sneak up the field for some scoreboard influence. Loved seeing Dunkley not play first ruck. A generally sensible effort from the Coach. He will have a cramp from all the notes being taken today.

Liked seeing JJ and Crozier sneak up the field for some scoreboard influence. Loved seeing Dunkley not play first ruck. A generally sensible effort from the Coach. He will have a cramp from all the notes being taken today.

He was scribbling like a man possessed in that box 😂

He will have a cramp from all the notes being taken today.

He was scribbling like a man possessed in that box 😂
I reckon he discovered this thread just after he gave the boys their pre-match address and sent them up the race. He then spent most of the match going through and noting which posters he’s going to deal with if he sees them in the gents at the Charles Sutton Medal night.

Gee I wouldn’t want to cross him he looked absolutely focussed on the list. Didn’t even watch the game as far as I could see.

Sorry folks. Too late to delete your posts. He already knows who you are.

And he has ... The List.

I reckon he discovered this thread just after he gave the boys their pre-match address and sent them up the race. He then spent most of the match going through and noting which posters he’s going to deal with if he sees them in the gents at the Charles Sutton Medal night.

Gee I wouldn’t want to cross him he looked absolutely focussed on the list. Didn’t even watch the game as far as I could see.

Sorry folks. Too late to delete your posts. He already knows who you are.

And he has ... The List.
Cop the Damien Barratt treatment you reckon dw?

I have no issue with analysing Bev's strengths and weaknesses and whether they will allow ultimate success AGAIN!!!

Personally find the name of this thread poor to insulting for one of our 2 premiership coaches in the VFL/AFL era.

Win next week we will have been finalists 4 of the 6 years Bev has coached. Not many have been as successful in the first 6 years, certainly not in a club in our position.

The club does need to support him in all aspects, but Bev should definitely not be out

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The amount of clubs supporters that trot out the accepting mediocrity line is hilarious. Nonsense criticism especially when directed at other fans who have basically no influence over decisions (and rightfully so as they have infinitely less knowledge about whats going on inside the club).

All clubs particularly in the afl era will have periods of being s**t, periods of being good and periods of being average, and in my lifetime 92-onwards the dogs have been largely competitive in a predictably cyclical way, 14 finals series in the last 28 seasons, for a club with our financial disadvantages playing at Marvel stadium with 4, 5? other clubs that feels pretty good to me.

More than anything supporters (of all clubs) bemoaning mediocrity just reek of entitlement to me, sport and your footy club doesn't owe you success, and speaking as someone who follows Chelsea closely in the EPL who have been far more successful in the same period as the dogs, success isn't the be all and end all of enjoyment when it comes to sport, there is no joy in victory without pain in defeat.

Anyway won't go into detail about my thoughts on Bevo's tenure, the decision to do a mini-rebuild in 18 can only be judged in hindsight and given the cattle he's had the only season i would give him a poor mark for was 17, and potentially this year if we miss finals/have another really poor qualifying final.

So in conclusion sack everyone create chaos, force Gowers and Gardner to scroll through social media comments Clockwork Orange style in their exit meetings before being delisted. The disgruntled mob must be appeased!

Last edited:
Anyway won't go into detail about my thoughts on Bevo's tenure, the decision to do a mini-rebuild in 18 can only be judged in hindsight and given the cattle he's had the only season i would give him a poor mark for was 17, and potentially this year if we miss finals/have another really poor qualifying final.
I agree, 2017 was the real disappointment, a list just as good if not better than 2016, a lot of people at the club didn't get the best out of themselves and IMO it cost us 3-4 wins and another outside shot.

2018 was definitely when the rebuild started, but IMO it wasn't a "decision" to rebuild - the cards fell that after 2017, we were losing 1000+ games of experience over the next two offseasons/12 months and due to a number of factors, we didn't have a wealth of battle hardened 150 game experienced players to replace them.

A few list management decisions exacerbated the issue - Roughead, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hamling - but none of those were made with a strategy of "gee, we need to rebuild, let's offload these guys".

Pumping hundreds and hundreds of games into 15 guys under 23 years old is IMO a full rebuild, and to be on the cusp of (hopefully) making finals for two out of three years during a rebuild is an unbelievable achievement. You only need to look at the 8-10 year rebuilds of so many other clubs to see how difficult it is to remain competitive/out of the bottom 4 with such a young 22, let alone make finals.

I agree, 2017 was the real disappointment, a list just as good if not better than 2016, a lot of people at the club didn't get the best out of themselves and IMO it cost us 3-4 wins and another outside shot.

2018 was definitely when the rebuild started, but IMO it wasn't a "decision" to rebuild - the cards fell that after 2017, we were losing 1000+ games of experience over the next two offseasons/12 months and due to a number of factors, we didn't have a wealth of battle hardened 150 game experienced players to replace them.

A few list management decisions exacerbated the issue - Roughead, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hamling - but none of those were made with a strategy of "gee, we need to rebuild, let's offload these guys".

I agree circumstances pushed us in that direction and i think it was probably the only realistic option, but there are always alternate options via trade etc. Fundamentally i have no issue with the club during Bevo's era other than 17, but as others have said expectations will and should climb over the next few years given the talent/experience we have in the middle.

The amount of clubs supporters that trot out the accepting mediocrity line is hilarious. Nonsense criticism especially when directed at other fans who have basically no influence over decisions (and rightfully so as they have infinitely less knowledge about whats going on inside the club).

All clubs particularly in the afl era will have periods of being sh*t, periods of being good and periods of being average, and in my lifetime 92-onwards the dogs have been largely competitive in a predictably cyclical way, 14 finals series in the last 28 seasons, for a club with our financial disadvantages playing at Marvel stadium with 4, 5? other clubs that feels pretty good to me.

More than anything supporters (of all clubs) bemoaning mediocrity just reek of entitlement to me, sport and your footy club doesn't owe you success, and speaking as someone who follows Chelsea closely in the EPL who have been far more successful in the same period as the dogs, success isn't the be all and end all of enjoyment when it comes to sport, there is no joy in victory without pain in defeat.

So in conclusion sack everyone create chaos, force Gowers and Gardner to scroll through social media comments Clockwork Orange style in their exit meetings before being delisted. The disgruntled mob must be appeased!

Pumping hundreds and hundreds of games into 15 guys under 23 years old is IMO a full rebuild, and to be on the cusp of (hopefully) making finals for two out of three years during a rebuild is an unbelievable achievement. You only need to look at the 8-10 year rebuilds of so many other clubs to see how difficult it is to remain competitive/out of the bottom 4 with such a young 22, let alone make finals.

Hit the nail on the head.

The club has been pretty open about where we were at and where we would be heading over a number of years. Particularly Chris Grant. Posters just choose to ignore it and create their own idea on which path the club has taken and should take and then lose the plot when it hasn’t eventuated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they make no changes in the coaches box it shows how much of a boys club it.is.

Pretty sure they said earlier this season there wouldn’t be any further coaching changes for next year after the covid cuts that were made

So brave.

Fantastic coaching by Beveridge. It was thanks to his genius we were able to nearly complete a comeback against this highly mediocre Saints team.

Neglecting the ruck? Playing favorites? Playing an undersized defence? Getting smashed by Carlton in the wet? Coughing up a 36 point lead to Geelong while playing Dunkley in the ruck? None of that matters, all is forgiven for that amazing near comeback. So proud of our coach.

We were never going to win the flag this year, making finals is something but we need to kick on next year. We are getting the best prospect in the draft, hindsight is 20-20 but the future is bright. Bevo out is nonsense but he’s really got to get some less yes men in.

So brave.

Fantastic coaching by Beveridge. It was thanks to his genius we were able to nearly complete a comeback against this highly mediocre Saints team.

Neglecting the ruck? Playing favorites? Playing an undersized defence? Getting smashed by Carlton in the wet? Coughing up a 36 point lead to Geelong while playing Dunkley in the ruck? None of that matters, all is forgiven for that amazing near comeback. So proud of our coach.
Deserves a statue like that aflw player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back