Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

The eternal enigma.

When we're expected to be bad in 2015, we make the finals, then win the flag the next year.

When we have arguably the most talented list of players we've ever had, we're a yo-yo of consistency. Same old problems the coach refuses to fix, or even acknowledge they're problems.

The most talented squad of players we've ever had is being wasted by this coach.
Yep. He's wasting the best midfield our club has ever had.

The eternal enigma.

When we're expected to be bad in 2015, we make the finals, then win the flag the next year.

When we have arguably the most talented list of players we've ever had, we're a yo-yo of consistency. Same old problems the coach refuses to fix, or even acknowledge they're problems.

The most talented squad of players we've ever had is being wasted by this coach.
Not to mention never getting his midfield mix right, or even our midfield digging in and running both ways

No onfield leadership, no off field leadership

Bontempelli is just as liable as Bevo at the moment though, zero leadership

Yep. I've had enough now. Had enough of the crap team selection, the ruck issue, crap players who get games despite abysmal form.
Rucks not a big problem at the moment, I think Timmy has improved his positioning and has been one of our best players so far

The turnovers and poor decisions from our midfield and outside players are killing us

No one stepping up and slowing the game down when it's against us

Then also no one putting in time into clearance mids like Petracca and Cripps just walking it out of the middle every 2nd centre bounce, just no respect given to our opposition

Rucks not a big problem at the moment, I think Timmy has improved his positioning and has been one of our best players so far

The turnovers and poor decisions from our midfield and outside players are killing us

No one stepping up and slowing the game down when it's against us

Then also no one putting in time into clearance mids like Petracca and Cripps just walking it out of the middle every 2nd centre bounce, just no respect given to our opposition
ruck wasnt an issue last week, it was tonight, got destroyed in first half

The eternal enigma.

I reckon we had a better list in 2010.

But yeah I wish Bev would pick a standard side instead of trying the unusual all the time

I reckon we had a better list in 2010.

But yeah I wish Bev would pick a standard side instead of trying the unusual all the time
We were a CHF and another inside mid short in 2010

Our mids could never go with the Hayes' and Abletts of that time, Hahn and Johnno were great up forward and would offer alot to this current team if still playing but ultimately they were undersized, Bazza just a FF, he needed a Naughton/C Grant type with him

Williams coming into that backline did improve us though down there temporarily, then the end came quickly for a few in that setup (Gilbs, Lake, Harbrow, Hargrave)

We were a CHF and another inside mid short in 2010

Our mids could never go with the Hayes' and Abletts of that time, Hahn and Johnno were great up forward and would offer alot to this current team but ultimately they were undersized, Bazza just a FF, he needed a Naughton/C Grant type with him

Williams coming into that backline did improve us though down there temporarily, then the end came quickly for a few in that setup (Gilbs, Lake, Harbrow, Hargrave)

Lake and Morris were a very good combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most talented list? You can't be serious.

Great midfield, no arguments.

Forward depth in minimal. Next in line is who exactly? Wallis, who hasn't played well in two years at AFL or VFL level? Bedendo, who is a skinny project player? Jones, McNeil, Garcia, who are all really mids? We don't have the options of the other top sides.

We have great rebounding defenders but any team that has key defenders of our quality will struggle. I'd argue every team, even the bottom ones, have better key posts in defence than we do. I'd kill to get a Butts or Collins or McKay in our side.

If we had Dew or Hinkley or Ratten coaching us we'd be mid table at best. Our problems are in list management, not coaching. Bevo might have some say in that but the buck doesn't stop with him there.

Can someone please help me understand this

if we have a ruck that doesn't win taps, why don't we man up on opposition gun mids. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not calling for a hard tag, with a midfield like ours i agree that we shouldnt need to hard tag anyone but at least man up at stoppages. Its unforgivable to continually give the best players in the game first touch of the footy at ruck contests. Its obvious what will happen, and its been happening for a few years now.

And surely having a suspect/short key defenders (excl Keath) would be even more reason not to make it easy for oppositions mids. Boggles my mind.

No team in the AFL would let Bont go unchecked, if they did we would win by 10 goals.

Can someone please help me understand this

if we have a ruck that doesn't win taps, why don't we man up on opposition gun mids. It just doesn't make sense. I'm not calling for a hard tag, with a midfield like ours i agree that we shouldnt need to hard tag anyone but at least man up at stoppages. Its unforgivable to continually give the best players in the game first touch of the footy at ruck contests. Its obvious what will happen, and its been happening for a few years now.

No team in the AFL would let Bont go unchecked, if they did we would win by 10 goals.

I only watched it at the ground so it was hard to see, but from where I was it looked like we attacked the ball carrier to hard. Stopage after stopage we'd converge on the man with the ball, he'd handball out to a free option and they'd run from there. Exactly how Melbourne killed us.

It's really simple.

We aren't as good as we think we are. We lack forward structure. We can't change the tempo mid game and control the ball a bit. I have serious doubts whether we will be playing finals in September. We've actually been belted the last two weeks.

Same. We had a seriously good side in the late 2000s. What exactly do we have now?

Bont - Gun
Naughton - Gun
Macrae - Gun
Bailey Smith - Gun

Then we just have a dozen or so players who are good but not amazing, then the rest of our list is crap.

Backline especially is appalling. I feel sorry for Keath. Like a one man band back there. I would have no hair left if I had to play next to Cordy.

A smart coach would go to McComb and tell him "It's not ideal for you but we need someone that can tag, show what you can do and you can get games"

Speaking to someone today who is in close contact from a current day player at the club, there is a few players not happy with bev at the moment, since the grand final loss has been very hard to approach and won’t even sit down to just have a chat, I think GF loss has hit him harder then we all know.

Speaking to someone today who is in close contact from a current day player at the club, there is a few players not happy with bev at the moment, since the grand final loss has been very hard to approach and won’t even sit down to just have a chat, I think GF loss has hit him harder then we all know.

That doesn't sound like Bev at all. Would be good to get this backed up by someone ITK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back