BF ages and years of support

Remove this Banner Ad

22 years of age and a Bombers fan for 15 years.

Born into Carlton, swapped to St Kilda and chose Essendon because of a classmate.
Think you've stumbled on to the wrong board there Redders; none of us care about your suspect Bummer-supporting history.

I'm 56 (I suspect the oldest on our board) and have been a Pie supporter for 44 years. A member since 1988.

I'm 54 and my first game I saw Peter McKenna kick 12 against Hawthorn in 1966.

I've been hooked ever since, plenty of heartbreaks since, 66' 70, 77, 79, 80, 81, oh well as they say if It doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger, only 2 flags but how sweet they were.

Born into Carlton, swapped to St Kilda and chose Essendon because of a classmate.
So recovering Cancer victim who spent a short time as a gay pr0n star and now runs a chain of seedy anti-aging clinics?:D

18, and ill admit it: i have only followed the pies since 2010. Heck, ive only followed football since 2010! I just never quite "got" it.. until i witnessed that fanatical Collingwood pressure. That was how football was meant to be played, i thought. I remember getting really worked up over the drawn grand final that year.. that's when i knew i was a collingwood supporter. I've been religiously collingwood ever since. Its part of my being.

... and now looking for another club ;)

when I was 5 I remember my dad had 2 parties at our house for the 02 and 03 grand final, although all a can remember was just a lot of black and white balloons everywhere! then the for the 04 season my dad gave me a fixture from the paper where you right in each winner and everything and i filled them all in. I still remember the first game between richmond and collingwood, we lost :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started officially barracking when I was about 5.
Started following when I was around 7.
Used to sit outside with the radio on and listen to the Pies and wave my flag.
Ahhh the 90's.
brings back a story, I use to lay on the trampoline and listen to the pies, I remember 1 time we lost a close game and I rolled off the trampoline and broke a hand, bad day that one.

Think you've stumbled on to the wrong board there Redders; none of us care about your suspect Bummer-supporting history.

I'm 56 (I suspect the oldest on our board) and have been a Pie supporter for 44 years. A member since 1988.

Outdone by Chief Ten Beers

Can we beat 69?

I'm 23. Been following the Pies maniacally ever since I can remember. Picked a bad team to support in my youth because apparently whenever the team lost I would be a crying mess, which wasn't uncommon in the 90's. First game I went to was at Footy Park against Port in 98. Port won, they were ahead all day and we never looked like winning but I remember just being in awe of everything that was happening around me. First game I went to in Melbourne was in 08 at the MCG against North, and we lost that too (thanks to a dodgy bounce, friggin umpires) and seeing the MCG in lights on a Saturday was absolutely amazing. I wish I could capture that feeling I had that night. It was almost overwhelming seeing a place I had revered so much and only seen on television. Also felt nice as a Collingwood supporter being in the majority for once.

Started officially barracking when I was about 5.
Started following when I was around 7.
Used to sit outside with the radio on and listen to the Pies and wave my flag.
Ahhh the 90's.

brings back a story, I use to lay on the trampoline and listen to the pies, I remember 1 time we lost a close game and I rolled off the trampoline and broke a hand, bad day that one.

used to break my hand every 2nd week in the 70's. why ?

seemingly every 2nd week we were stuck with 3UZ, 3DB or nothing which meant little or no coverage. what i hated the most - "back to victoria park" only to be another race - victoria park in adelaide.

punched that floor many weekends.

Old. Saw my first game at Vic Park in 1968 as a young girl. Was at the 1970 GF, and still remember how devastated I felt. Was at the drawn GF in 2010, fell down stairs at the MCG (was not drinking!), broke my foot, and went back to see us win GF2 in a moon boot! But the most cherished win in my lifetime would still have to be the 1990 flag. For those of us who lived through the humiliating years of the 60s, 70s and 80s, it was the big one. The Pies were tough in those days, and Vic Park was a cauldron. Loved it!

30, born into an Essendon family (except for one Collingwood supporting sister) in 1983. My 18 year old sister offered to buy me a Sega Mega Drive game in 1992 if I barracked for Collingwood, done!. One copy of James Buster Douglas Boxing later I was a Pie.

My father and brother gave me heaps of s**t over it, that just made my Collingwood bond stronger. I remember going to watch the Essendon vs Carlton grand final in 1993 at the Wodonga golf club with my brother sitting next to me making sure I didn't cheer for Essendon (he didn't want me to enjoy it with them since I was now the enemy), by the end of the day I hated them both :mad: (I don't hate him anymore)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back