Player Sponsorship BF CATS Player Sponsorship 2018: pledges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday all

Its getting to that time of year again where the GFC Board is able to participate in the sponsorship of a player.

There will be a more official post with content regarding amounts and available players coming presently.

For those not familiar, the BF GFC Board has been sponsoring players for over 10 years - I believe this will be the 13th year of sponsorship- ranging from Travis Varcoe, Nakia Cockatoo and Sam Simpson over that time.

The Club places all listed players into different sponsorship cost tiers - Veteran players being the most expensive and ranging down from there. It appears that as incumbent Simpson sponsors, we have an opportunity to continue this, or move to a newly drafted player in Lachlan Fogarty or Gryan Miers.
Please do not take this as gospel yet but we are looking into this.

Of course, each person that forms part of the contribution force receives a Sponsor badge added to their profile. But wait, there's more.

The sponsorship package in previous iterations has also included prizes to be distributed - a club Membership, Premiership Membership, signed player issued items, Inner Sanctum passes and Season Launch tickets - all that have been drawn out of a hat and awarded to those involved.
There have been many winners that have gone to these events and found them to be incredibly insightful and enjoyable.

Previous shares have been $50.00 each, with Big Footy kicking in the first $200.00 to the kitty.

Its a great way to get involved with the Board, the player involved and the club.

Register your interest in this thread - and keep watching for updates to follow.

GO Catters

Reckon we could get enough for Simpson and maybe someone like Thurlow
Thurlow would cost too much now that he has several years in the system.

Reckon we could get enough for Simpson and maybe someone like Thurlow
Based on the 7 years I have been involved in this, there is no chance we will get enough for two players.

And with the Tiered system the club uses, we will be lucky to make enough for the one we get.

Thats not to be critical of the club or those involved - more to the cost involved.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurlow would cost too much now that he has several years in the system.

Based on the 7 years I have been involved in this, there is no chance we will get enough for two players.

And with the Tiered system the club uses, we will be lucky to make enough for the one we get.

Thats not to be critical of the club or those involved - more to the cost involved.

Go Catters

Nah fair enough
How much does one sponsorship per player cost ?

Nah fair enough
How much does one sponsorship per player cost ?
Club sets different players, mostly by experience and popularity into different sponsorship bands/tiers..

Lowest is about 2k, and upwards steadily from there.

We lost Nakia due to his 3 rd year cost increase.

GO Catters

Go Catters
Do you know how it works with trade-ins/mature guys with years of AFL experience?

Like, is Crameri the same price as any rookie? What bracket have they put Gaz in?

What bracket have they put Gaz in?

1.jpg

Do you know how it works with trade-ins/mature guys with years of AFL experience?

Like, is Crameri the same price as any rookie? What bracket have they put Gaz in?
I am not privy to all that information. What I can say is that SJ and jim boy have worked very hard over the last 7+ years to keep the Sponsorship active with us - and that its a credit to them and the posters that have been involved that we are able to continue the program.

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back