Resource BF CATS Technology centre.. Ask your questions here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I've got an iPhone, so should work ok if I hit the play button on the green headphones and use AirPlay to put it through my AppleTV... correct?
Unfortunately you can't AirPlay it via appletv, as the AFL deliberately blocks this, so you get audio only. Presumably this is so they can sell both digital and pay TV rights without them competing.

To see it on your TV, you can plug your phone in directly using a Lightening/HDMI adapter. Or you can mirror it via appleTV, so you see your whole tablet screen, not just the app. But in my experience this looks worse, as it doesn't fill up the whole TV screen and it's too small to be clear.

I'm pretty certain this is how dazbroncos has it setup.
But the international stream may be different. I have no idea.

When I had the international stream I could AirPlay it.
Then I got the local one and couldn't.

I've never tried a cable.

I do the international stream on my Macbook Pro and use my TV as an external monitor. (Thunderbolt video out to HDMI adpater). I then extended this thru HDMI cable to my TV HDMI input. ( I drag that browser page to the TV and "mirror it" there. The resolution is at best 720p depending on internet speeds.
The funny part is the darijo posted Fox footy HD replay from youtube is full HD replay and is the best ive ever seen using this format ( albeit it was a replay).

For the audio, I use the audio out of the laptop and feed it to my distribution amp. If I want to listen to KROCK, ( duh) I turn the audio on the Watchafl App off (mute it). I open Gameday and stream the KROCK feed thru the same hardware set up and listen that way. This all works audio wise minimised off screeen.

To have Bigfooty going was well, I need use the laptop screen and post thru that.

Lot of stuff but it works. And now you can seen why its not as easy for some:) as just watching the game.

And when it goes pear shaped at 2 am.... not happy Jan...

Go Catters

I do the international stream on my Macbook Pro and use my TV as an external monitor. (Thunderbolt video out to HDMI adpater). I then extended this thru HDMI cable to my TV HDMI input. ( I drag that browser page to the TV and "mirror it" there. The resolution is at best 720p depending on internet speeds.
The funny part is the darijo posted Fox footy HD replay from youtube is full HD replay and is the best ive ever seen using this format ( albeit it was a replay).

For the audio, I use the audio out of the laptop and feed it to my distribution amp. If I want to listen to KROCK, ( duh) I turn the audio on the Watchafl App off (mute it). I open Gameday and stream the KROCK feed thru the same hardware set up and listen that way. This all works audio wise minimised off screeen.

To have Bigfooty going was well, I need use the laptop screen and post thru that.

Lot of stuff but it works. And now you can seen why its not as easy for some:) as just watching the game.

And when it goes pear shaped at 2 am.... not happy Jan...

Go Catters

do you get sync'ing issues between the vision and KROCK?

or are you using something like VLC for the audio.

Fellow GFC Posters:

With technology getting more and more relevant and complicated, this is the place to find all things tech related.

I will at this time REITERATE THE BAORD POLICY THAT ADVERTSING OR PUBLISHING OF UNAUTHORISED STREAMS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND POSTERS INFRINGED ACCORDINGLY.

With all that said....

tech it up...

Go Catters

Last edited:
With streaming of TV appearing to the next revolution and doing so with high picture quality (netflix, Bein, fetch TV etc) Foxtel are losing customers left, right and centre, have lost subscribers due to Netflix and co and will lose more having just lost the EPL to Optus' Fetch TV streaming service so you can certainly understand why they're hell bent in protecting their AFL/NRL interests, it's probably the only thing keeping people subscribed to their services for the immediate short term.

Imagine, if Netflix had a sporting arm.

This is how you do it

pic.php

It definitely is. I've already watched a chunk of Monday's game just on the iPad and the quality is absolutely perfect. Zero buffering either.
Was watching the game on the iPad on Monday at work (sorry to the shareholders:oops:) and even out on site 570kms north of Adelaide the stream was smooth and didn't buffer at all, which is a massive improvement over the past few years where it would become very blocky then buffer for large chunks of the game.

With streaming of TV appearing to the next revolution and doing so with high picture quality (netflix, Bein, fetch TV etc) Foxtel are losing customers left, right and centre, have lost subscribers due to Netflix and co and will lose more having just lost the EPL to Optus' Fetch TV streaming service so you can certainly understand why they're hell bent in protecting their AFL/NRL interests, it's probably the only thing keeping people subscribed to their services for the immediate short term.
I think within the next 15-20 years the AFL will follow the NFL yet again and have an AFL network where they broadcast their own much like the NFL network. The driving factor will be will the money they are able to reap from doing it themselves be more than what they can get from Foxtel for broadcast rights.

I think within the next 15-20 years the AFL will follow the NFL yet again and have an AFL network where they broadcast their own much like the NFL network. The driving factor will be will the money they are able to reap from doing it themselves be more than what they can get from Foxtel for broadcast rights.

Geez, it's a game man who predicts what will happen in any part of this area in 3-4 years, much less 15-20 years.

Geez, it's a game man who predicts what will happen in any part of this area in 3-4 years, much less 15-20 years.
Just think that the AFL is that far behind the NFL financially speaking, give them that long and they'll be in position to broadcast the game themselves and not have to sell off all the games.
The will still sell off some of the games but they will keep some probably 2-3 per round where they'll be stream based and only available to AFL network subscribers.

Just think that the AFL is that far behind the NFL financially speaking, give them that long and they'll be in position to broadcast the game themselves and not have to sell off all the games.
The will still sell off some of the games but they will keep some probably 2-3 per round where they'll be stream based and only available to AFL network subscribers.

In the short term, the obvious gap in coverage (and potential money-spinner) is direct TV streaming. The question is how they negotiate this with the existing and potential TV rights holders as against the potential streaming bidders. Which may depend upon what Telstra wants or is prepared to do after it gets out of Foxtel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the NBA was ahead of the NFL, "NBA League Pass" has been around for what seems ages now and is compatible with Apple TV:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_League_Pass

And their own TV network:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_TV

The second seems similar to the NFL model.

This is how you do it

pic.php
That's what I call a work-around! :) (and a fascinating peek behind the scenes at Burnham HQ)

AppleTV?
Is the streaming app you are using available for the new AppleTV device?

We just upgraded to the new apple TV and it is a significant improvement over the old one.
It runs IOS and many iphone/ipad apps will run on it.

It would simplify this setup significantly, and improve the quality at the same time.

I would recommend the AppleTV anyway, given the low price (in Europe anyway) and the access to streaming and other services.
It is also a half-decent games platform and is well suited to replace some of your old board games peeking out there ;-)

Id also say that the NFL Network does not cover game really - CBS, FOX, NBC and ESPN cover the games. NFL network does the Thursday night games but has masses on talking head shows on their netwrk. The NFL sells the game broadcast rights ( FTA) to teh aforementioned networks, sells the cable tV rights to Direct TV for Sunday ticket ( foxtel equivalent) and the online content and rights they do themselves thru NFL.com.

AFL can follow this and maybe learn a few things and make it better.

Go Catters

Fellow GFC Posters:

With technology getting more and more relevant and complicated, this is the place to find all things tech related.

I will at this time REITERATE THE BAORD POLICY THAT ADVERTSING OR PUBLISHING OF UNAUTHORISED STREAMS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND POSTERS INFRINGED ACCORDINGLY.

With all that said....

tech it up...

Daz

Go Catters

EDIT - Sorry Willo_ I hijacked your post here but had to insert this at the top.

Cheers.

I've got the live app but it doesn't seem to allow me to chrome cast... i watched the replay on my phone last night :oops:

I hope I'm not doing something really basic wrong...
I was thinking 'I don't remember starting this thread....'

But anyway I did the mirror thing with Chrome cast and it worked, picture not perfect and a little skip/lag occasionally but it's watchable :thumbsu:

No. PM me if you want I have Foxtel go access sitting idle.
Hi. I also have Foxtel go but can't get it to work on the IPad. I press on the show and it loads for a minute and then the app closes. Does this happen to you?
Is a bummer cause I was gonna watch the footy today on it.

Hi. I also have Foxtel go but can't get it to work on the IPad. I press on the show and it loads for a minute and then the app closes. Does this happen to you?
Is a bummer cause I was gonna watch the footy today on it.
Try deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Done it twice.
Sorry SC. The extent of my IT assistance is often confined to "have you tried turning it on and off" or similar. :$

You might need to get in touch with Foxtel.

Sorry SC. The extent of my IT assistance is often confined to "have you tried turning it on and off" or similar. :$

You might need to get in touch with Foxtel.
Ha ha I'm not much better. Cheers anyway mate. It's off my missus mums Foxtel so I think she'll have to ring them (which she won't).
Not sure if on channel 7, Might have to go to the pub

Ha ha I'm not much better. Cheers anyway mate. It's off my missus mums Foxtel so I think she'll have to ring them (which she won't).
Not sure if on channel 7, Might have to go to the pub
make sure the Ipad IOS is up to date and more importantly that the foxtel app is up to date.

I often find some apps fail to work once they release a newer version....

muppets...

Go Catters

make sure the Ipad IOS is up to date and more importantly that the foxtel app is up to date.

I often find some apps fail to work once they release a newer version....

muppets...

Go Catters

Yeah tried all that, then I looked at the reviews and the new update doesn't work for anyone.
Then I went and put it on the laptop. Working fine but then no fox footy channel.
Turns out Fox Footy is not available on laptops due to licensing agreements.
FUUUUUUUUCK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back