Podcast UPDATE: Praise the lord, the Trade Period is over. BF Lions Podcast - all episodes

Remove this Banner Ad

We walked out in 'honourable loss' mode but I like Fage's attitude. I think what we accept as fans can be somewhat different to what the coach and players accept.

We walked out in 'honourable loss' mode but I like Fage's attitude. I think what we accept as fans can be somewhat different to what the coach and players accept.
Agree - we certainly could've won but in the overall scheme of things we did well to compete with a very good side

I've been enjoying the pod, Spock18. Content is good. Would be easy to tweak the production quality using something like Zencastr. https://zencastr.com/

Runs in the browser and records both sides locally so you don't get 'tiny phone voice' on one side.

For 2 people for less than an hour a week, it shouldn't cost a cent. Worth a look.

I've been enjoying the pod, Spock18. Content is good. Would be easy to tweak the production quality using something like Zencastr. https://zencastr.com/

Runs in the browser and records both sides locally so you don't get 'tiny phone voice' on one side.

For 2 people for less than an hour a week, it shouldn't cost a cent. Worth a look.
Thanks mate, I'll look into it!

Agree - we certainly could've won but in the overall scheme of things we did well to compete with a very good side

There were some highlights of the neafl game on the Lions website. Cox slots two goals (one on his left one on his right). Shache also kicked two off both feet. Worth watching!

Try this again...

Third episode online!

This week we talk about the Saints' game, Leigh Montagna's goal, our first-gamers, Daniel Rich answering the critics and how to derail the Tiger Train.

Click here for the audio link!

Good stuff guys. Shame about the audio quality but the content was enjoyable!

The 'where are they now?' episode is up!

Port? What Port game? Instead of reviewing the horror show that was round 6 we talk about the Go Home 5 and other players who have left the club - how are they playing, how the club has bounced back from their respective departures and if we'd take them back now. We also preview the Stretcher Cup against the Swans!

Click here for audio link!

Click here for iTunes link!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New episode with Daniel Merrett!

Listen on iTunes!

We talk with Dan about his life after footy, what he's doing with the AFLW & AFL teams, the differences he has noticed under Chris Fagan, bouncing back from a Buddy onslaught and what to expect from Hawthorn.

Dan was great, and provided a heap of brilliant anecdotes: including nearly moving to Adelaide, coaching with the Broncos and more.

Listen on iTunes!

We talk with Dan about his life after footy, what he's doing with the AFLW & AFL teams, the differences he has noticed under Chris Fagan, bouncing back from a Buddy onslaught and what to expect from Hawthorn.

Dan was great, and provided a heap of brilliant anecdotes: including nearly moving to Adelaide, coaching with the Broncos and more.

That was a great listen. I actually feel even more confident Schache will stay judging by what Dan was saying. Soundslike the manager is putting Josh under a lot of extra stress. I know it's easy to say "he's earning a truckload he should be happy" but money can't buy you happiness. Stress leads to depression. He needs to get his own happiness balance in check and imo a lot of that will happen when he re-signs and the pressure off the field is practically gone for the next 12 months.

Awesome stuff spock18 , love the insights on-

Rog's proposed move to Adelaide, very close to happening.
Academy boy Jack Payne, sounds like a gun in the making.
The challenges of life after footy, really open and frank.
Amazing, 50% of the guys on an AFL list would say they are not having fun, elite footy has lost the fun feeling, it's a job $$$.
Schache, under so much pressure with contract speculation. Young gun KPF are always in demand.
AFLW, a great rewarding experience, girls have a pure love for footy.
Chris Fagan, teaching/development coach, play on instinct, freedom. Really positive vibe, the club has itself sorted.

Unfortunately I did not come out of the interview confident that Schache would stay, was a fair bit of hesitancy in Rog's voice when asked about the likely hood of him staying.

Great to see an interviewer let the guest speak, you could teach most of the MSM a thing or two. Highly recommend everybody have a listen.

Awesome stuff spock18 , love the insights on-

Rog's proposed move to Adelaide, very close to happening.
Academy boy Jack Payne, sounds like a gun in the making.
The challenges of life after footy, really open and frank.
Amazing, 50% of the guys on an AFL list would say they are not having fun, elite footy has lost the fun feeling, it's a job $$$.
Schache, under so much pressure with contract speculation. Young gun KPF are always in demand.
AFLW, a great rewarding experience, girls have a pure love for footy.
Chris Fagan, teaching/development coach, play on instinct, freedom. Really positive vibe, the club has itself sorted.

Unfortunately I did not come out of the interview confident that Schache would stay, was a fair bit of hesitancy in Rog's voice when asked about the likely hood of him staying.

Great to see an interviewer let the guest speak, you could teach most of the MSM a thing or two. Highly recommend everybody have a listen.

It's funny you read it that way, to me it sounded like schache is going through a hard time due to all this speculative bullshit and it's effecting him on and off the field and the sooner his manager stops being a greedy prick (doing his job I suppose) and he and the Lions work out a deal the better it will be for Schache. Sort of feels like the Squizzy situation from last year tbh

It's funny you read it that way, to me it sounded like schache is going through a hard time due to all this speculative bullshit and it's effecting him on and off the field and the sooner his manager stops being a greedy prick (doing his job I suppose) and he and the Lions work out a deal the better it will be for Schache. Sort of feels like the Squizzy situation from last year tbh
I hope your positive feeling outweighs my negative one Nunez. Extremely happy for my gut to be wrong on this one, it has happened before.

Squizzy seems a good comparison.

Dan comes across with a lot of sympathy for Josh, which indicates Josh is doing it tough. Fans would be well served to have a listen, as we could all gain from a clearer understanding of Josh's situation.

Yeah my read re: Schache is similarly negative. At the height of Aish's speculation, there were similar noises made about contract talk weighing him down, just let him play football etc. the only saving grace is that we're not dealing with Pickering this time.

Squizzy seems a good comparison.

Dan comes across with a lot of sympathy for Josh, which indicates Josh is doing it tough. Fans would be well served to have a listen, as we could all gain from a clearer understanding of Josh's situation.
There is one simple way to end the speculation though; re-sign. Everyone can say his manager is doing his job, but he is not if he is not listening to his client and only looking out for his own needs and those of the agency he works.

There is one simple way to end the speculation though; re-sign. Everyone can say his manager is doing his job, but he is not if he is not listening to his client and only looking out for his own needs and those of the agency he works.
Josh is quite timid though. I would say he's not the kind of person to slam his fits on the desk and demand his manager (or anyone) to do something. He's a laidback kid who's going through his first contract negotiation - he doesn't know any better.

It could be as simple as this:

*late last year*
Josh: I want to stay in Brisbane
Manager: that's fine but lets test the market. If we keep the list manager on his toes we can get you a massive pay cheque
Josh: okay
*5 months and 100000 articles later*
Josh: fml
Manager: teeheehee

Listen on iTunes!

spock18 great podcast mate. This is exactly the type of podcast I was hoping for when you first introduced it. Hope you get some more guests on in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back