Club Legend
Dec 3, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons,Pacers
Ok so i had a thought,

Why not arrange a time lets say maybe once a week/fortnight/month for Big Footy Poker diehards to jump online and play in a SNG together. We could conduct it like a series that goes over the course of a couple of months perhaps and award points to the first 5 place getters.

Just sort of throwing the idea out there for now but i guess we need to know whose interested what times they would prefer and what poker site they they use.

Of course we would have a buy-in for the tourney i was thinking around $5-$10 dollars

Depending on numbers the tournament i doubt would last much longer than 2 hours on any given day and we would have a standard blind structure.

Just to get the ball rolling and organise this thing i guess post your details with the following information

When could you play
Frequency
Preferred Site
Preferred Buy-In
Username

I was thinking something along the lines of maybe every second Wednesday or Thursday night at around 7:30 or 8pm for a start time?

Also post any other suggestions you may have so we can try and organise this thing!

I play in a similar private tourny at Stars every 2nd week. They do the blinds themselves and also distribute the prizemoney etc.

If you email them they will set up a tournalment for you. All you have to do is join and make sure you're there at the allotted time.

Time-wise, 8.30pm on a weeknight suits me.

$5 or $10 buy in - it doesn't worry me.

Daytripper said:
I play in a similar private tourny at Stars every 2nd week. They do the blinds themselves and also distribute the prizemoney etc.

If you email them they will set up a tournalment for you. All you have to do is join and make sure you're there at the allotted time.

Time-wise, 8.30pm on a weeknight suits me.

$5 or $10 buy in - it doesn't worry me.

Sounds good to me as well

Yeah I will play those nights are good weds or thurs at around 8 would be sweet, every week or twice a week, i play at ultimate and its the best set up, but would be almost impossible to get a table, can only play with fake money being 18 and all

When could you play
Frequency
Preferred Site
Preferred Buy-In
Username

Whileyigotabighead said:
Yeah I will play those nights are good weds or thurs at around 8 would be sweet, every week or twice a week, i play at ultimate and its the best set up, but would be almost impossible to get a table, can only play with fake money being 18 and all

When could you play
Frequency
Preferred Site
Preferred Buy-In
Username

Im fairly sure most sites allow for 18+ and i think most people want tourneys where real money is involved. At this stage i think the Pokerstars option is probably the best as it is well set up with a good structure and is probably the most used site other than party poker.

Another idea -

On a different forum a while back we started up a poker comp, just for play money. Since we couldn't get everyone at the one place at the same time, we came up with the idea of having people "challenge" people to play heads up, and keeping a tally, like a ladder.

For example, someone challenges someone to a game, and someone keeps track of the wins here on the board, you know, for bragging rights.

The way the match works, is that you go to a private table with the same amount of chips, and can either play until someone is busted, or set a time limit - say half an hour or an hour, and whoever has the most chips at the end of the game gets the win. You can also play with more than one person if you wish.

Just a thought.

Definately need to get something going.
Somebody needs to be able to brag that they are the best on BigFooty :cool:
Won't be me

Well, it really doesn't have to be heads-up, I mean, if a match can be organized with as many people as possible that's cool, but it's more a case of people usually can't get to the same place at the same time.

We definitely should hold money tournaments, but this would be an alternative for people playing for fun on the side - especially for beginners not willing to try money yet, or people who just don't have the cash or real money accounts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back