Leagues BF "Puppies" SC Finals League (banter thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
We are not worthy:)

I am not worthy. :(

I have been trying to give her some tips on who I think will be the top 11 scoring players in the GF (because I really, really want that Nissan Mercury!)...but she just zones me out...stopped paying attention to my "suggestions" around about Rd15. LOL she'll probably win SC next year if she pays no attention to my advice. :oops:

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gonna be an awesome spectacle at the Granny this week!

It will look like a stadium full of cr@p covered violet crumbles.

Just combine these.......

images

19830855-close-up-of-dog-poo-in-nature.jpg

green vested

Senior List
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not worthy. :(

I have been trying to give her some tips on who I think will be the top 11 scoring players in the GF (because I really, really want that Nissan Mercury!)...but she just zones me out...stopped paying attention to my "suggestions" around about Rd15. LOL she'll probably win SC next year if she pays no attention to my advice. :oops:

Well 2nd to judd magic at least

I sure hope so mate. :D:thumbsu:

It's like you're getting yourself prepared for the Melb Cup,

Whilst we're just doing our best just to qualify for the Birchip Cup! ;)

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Puisaance Da magic

mrs Gingy

daylighttttttttttttt

rest of us plebs

Hah!

I'm modest enough to say alot of you guys will be right up there too by the end of next season.

It's great to dream though and think that you can win the $50k. :cool:

Impromtu gave me great hope when he won the $50k that any zany enough person can win it. :p

With all due respect to Impromptu of course. I admired his zanyness and bizare moves. :D:thumbsu:

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Hah!

I'm modest enough to say alot of you guys will be right up there too by the end of next season.

It's great to dream though and think that you can win the $50k. :cool:

Impromtu gave me great hope when he won the $50k that any zany enough person can win it. :p

With all due respect to Impromptu of course. I admired his zanyness and bizare moves. :D:thumbsu:

I have to agree with this. I finished around 1.5k but could easily have been inside the top 100 if not for but just 4 s**t trades or non trades. It's only 4 trades out of 30, but in each of the 4 cases I had at least 2 options on which player to bring in with the funds available. In all 4 instances I chose the wrong option. Calculating the differences in scores between the players I bought in or bench cover scores for those players when they were injured or suspended from the time I traded them in compared to the scores of the players I could have traded in is the difference between being right up there and being just another pretty good SC team. Luck and good/bad timing does play some part, but in hindsight I got a bit too cute with some of my trades, which I have learnt from. I'll be disappointed with anything lower than a top 100 finish in 2014.

Mad Sainter

All Australian
Mar 8, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'll be disappointed with anything lower than a top 100 finish in 2014.

Agreed, I was about 1800 I think but I would want a top 100 next year, purely because I did 3-5 trades that were just stupid but didn't occur to me at the time... like bringing in Birchall right before his bad run and then trading him out right before his passable finish to the season :mad:

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I have to agree with this. I finished around 1.5k but could easily have been inside the top 100 if not for but just 4 s**t trades or non trades. It's only 4 trades out of 30, but in each of the 4 cases I had at least 2 options on which player to bring in with the funds available. In all 4 instances I chose the wrong option. Calculating the differences in scores between the players I bought in or bench cover scores for those players when they were injured or suspended from the time I traded them in compared to the scores of the players I could have traded in is the difference between being right up there and being just another pretty good SC team. Luck and good/bad timing does play some part, but in hindsight I got a bit too cute with some of my trades, which I have learnt from. I'll be disappointed with anything lower than a top 100 finish in 2014.

Love your high standards there Gingy but I still think a top 400 or 500 finish is a pretty good effort still.

I always try and finish as high as I can while trying to do well in my league and grand finals but its a fine balancing act.

People will either go for one or the other but not both.

I felt like I was up there alot of the time this year and was even in the top 100 odd at one stage but yeah like you said it only takes the wrong trade or 4 which can put you behind the 8 ball again.

When I think of my trades one obvious one stands out SPUDFIELD!

I could have chosen any defender out there but overthought it too much and was thinking too much of the bye structure as that is when I traded Turlich to Spudfield in round 12.

It was an absolute disaster of a trade and it set me way back.

Probably adding to that having Selwood pretty much all season which included his lean patch which all the coaches above me didn't really have to put up with and pounced on him when he was dirt cheap and showing form while I had paid top dollar for him.

Yep both of those trades really stick out and hurt.

The other was Burger > NicNat in round 11 but you know how that one went. :oops::thumbsdown:

tracygrimshaw

All Australian
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
After steakwithchopsticks finished #41 this year, anything less than top 10 will be disappointing for 2014 ;)

The scores of the finals league are a little scary..
#1 (Brave FC) 4014pts
#2 (steakwithchopsticks) 3713pts (-303)

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
After steakwithchopsticks finished #41 this year, anything less than top 10 will be disappointing for 2014 ;)

The scores of the finals league are a little scary..
#1 (Brave FC) 4014pts
#2 (steakwithchopsticks) 3713pts (-303)

Spewing we didn't make it a Finals $100 each cash league now. :rainbow:

MrsG said she's going for unique picks including her C & VC to try and arse a monster score and make up the 222 points to win the car. Brave indeed! :hearts:

You might still be half a chance to win this league after all tracygrimshaw only if she gets it horribly wrong. ;)

green vested

Senior List
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Spewing we didn't make it a Finals $100 each cash league now. :rainbow:

MrsG said she's going for unique picks including her C & VC to try and arse a monster score and make up the 222 points to win the car. Brave indeed! :hearts:

You might still be half a chance to win this league after all tracygrimshaw only if she gets it horribly wrong. ;)

Oh MY Mrs G is going Sandilands as Captain....oops - i have too

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Oh MY Mrs G is going Sandilands as Captain....oops - i have too

You really going to do that? :eek:

Nah she hasn't told me who she's picking this week. She's been picking her team from scratch 10-15 minutes before lockout for all 3 weeks. There might be something in that for all of us. As in don't put too much thought into it, just go with your first instinct, because it's probably the right choice(s).

I know I stuffed up my chances last week by second guessing my selections over and over all week until I stuffed up my team entirely. :rainbow:

green vested

Senior List
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
You really going to do that? :eek:

Nah she hasn't told me who she's picking this week. She's been picking her team from scratch 10-15 minutes before lockout for all 3 weeks. There might be something in that for all of us. As in don't put too much thought into it, just go with your first instinct, because it's probably the right choice(s).

I know I stuffed up my chances last week by second guessing my selections over and over all week until I stuffed up my team entirely. :rainbow:

He will be either VC or C.... so much contested ball i expect, weather crap, plenty of contests around the ground.
But will no doubt change 1000 times b4 saturday

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
MrsG now ranked 29th overall. 222 points behind the current leader. :eek:

Mmm. What are we supposed to take from this Gingy?
Have you been riding on Mrs Gingy's coat tails all year with all of us thinking you were a gun SC player?;)

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
Mmm. What are we supposed to take from this Gingy?
Have you been riding on Mrs Gingy's coat tails all year with all of us thinking you were a gun SC player?;)

*ahem* I did finish slightly higher than her in overall this year. Also beat her in a league Prelim Final. :rainbow:

But yeh, she is still a better SC than me...would have been a top 100-200 team this year with a bit of Judd_Magic style luck...was cruelled by injury late in the season. Hmm now that I think of it she was top 1k last year as well (I was 2k) I have not doubt that she would be one of the top teams in our cash league next year...well only if you guys aren't too scared to let her be in it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back