BF Ringside - verbal sparring/grudges thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows.. culmination of a lot of things. Mitchell and Lewis gone. Players ageing. Who knows the inner rumblings at the club.

You simply can't question a coach who's won 4 premierships.

I do feel as though you are looking for reasons to justify your beliefs in Buckley.. to use Clarko and there 0-4 record is not right.
No what I am saying is that I truly believe that once players walk onto a field it is up to them, not the coach. If all the right things have been done leading up to a game.
Of course there are bad coaches but don't believe that Buckley is one of them.

No what I am saying is that I truly believe that once players walk onto a field it is up to them, not the coach. If all the right things have been done leading up to a game.

What is this school yard football or AFL?

If you're a talented tennis player.. i was your coach.. and i instructed you to hit 100% of the ball to federer's backhand.. and you got maulled.. are you a bad tennis player?

How can you ask me a question like that.. are you aware that if the game plan is flawed.. it's not the players fault that they're losing? It's the coaches fault.

With all due respect.. How is it that you do not understand this..

Since when does school yard football do fitness and skills training during the week?
Even my 10 year old grandson playing local footy only trains one night a week.

How is it that you do not understand that if some of the players do not like the coach.. they simply do not perform at their peak.

You may want to read up a lil on how much a coach can influence a player and a teams performance.

Your love for Bucks.. albeit 'cute'.. is really not justified.. as a player yes.. as a coach 'no'.. you're mixing up the seduction of Bucks as a player.. with the atrocities of him as a coach.

If you're a talented tennis player.. i was your coach.. and i instructed you to hit 100% of the ball to federer's backhand.. and you got maulled.. are you a bad tennis player?

How can you ask me a question like that.. are you aware that if the game plan is flawed.. it's not the players fault that they're losing? It's the coaches fault.

With all due respect.. How is it that you do not understand this..
You are discussing an individual sport and don't really think that you understand team sports, despite the fact that you say you played it.

You know, let not bother with this, you have already admitted that you were never in favour of the change and Buckley so there is little I can say that will allow you to see another point of view.

Continue...

You are discussing an individual sport and don't really think that you understand team sports, despite the fact that you say you played it.

You know, let not bother with this, you have already admitted that you were never in favour of the change and Buckley so there is little I can say that will allow you to see another point of view.

Continue...

I just feel as though your infatuation for Bucks as a player.. has mezmerized you.. put you into a trance like state.

I just feel as though your infatuation for Bucks as a player.. has mezmerized you.. put you into a trance like state.
You don't seem to absorb much of what I post as I dare you to find anything I have posted about romanticizing or being infatuated about Buckley the player.

In fact it may be you and you thinking of him as FIGJAM that may have clouded your perception.

You don't seem to absorb much of what I post as I dare you to find anything I have posted about romanticizing or being infatuated about Buckley the player.

In fact it may be you and you thinking of him as FIGJAM that may have clouded your perception.

I dont seem to absorb a lot of what you post? I mean playing 17 yrs in a team well into the 2000s and you're telling me i have no idea about team sports? Your posts are so outdated I'm thinking the last time you did play any competitive team sport was in the 60s-70s.

Your posts are so outdated I'm thinking the last time you did play any competitive team sport was in the 60s-70s.
You only seem to partly take in what has been posted otherwise why do you ask the same question more than once?

Schoolyard sports, that is how I knew we didn't train and have fitness facilities, you?
Did play as an adult well into my late 40's and coached, you?
Seen a lot of team sports in my time, you?

Out of curiosity Maggie.. are you related to Buckley?

Not at all, met him once as a player in a bank and one other time at training as a coach. Both times was very polite and friendly.
He didn't happen to hurt someone close to you has he? So much venom, tsk, tsk tsk.

You only seem to partly take in what has been posted otherwise why do you ask the same question more than once?

Schoolyard sports, that is how I knew we didn't train and have fitness facilities, you?
Did play as an adult well into my late 40's and coached, you?
Seen a lot of team sports in my time, you?

Not at all, met him once as a player in a bank and one other time at training as a coach. Both times was very polite and friendly.
He didn't happen to hurt someone close to you has he? So much venom, tsk, tsk tsk.

I partly take in what's posted.. how can you say that it's the players and not the coach that should be held accountable?

What kind of school of thought is that?

I partly take in what's posted.. how can you say that it's the players and not the coach that should be held accountable?

What kind of school of thought is that?
We are so far away from agreeing about anything, don't think we need to discuss any more. Try someone else, no offence.

We are so far away from agreeing about anything, don't think we need to discuss any more. Try someone else, no offence.

Was that your reply when you received criticism for your players performing bad as a team when you were in charge as coach?

You want me to agree that 'its the players responsibility to play a good game' and the coach has nothing at all to do with how good they play on the day?

If you surveyed 100 people on your school of thought in regards to this.. good luck getting a solitary vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to just want to character assisinate me to lend weight to your argument.. seems to go unnoticed.. but when i attempt it right back at you I'm the guilty party.

You have yet to say one bad word about him that i can recall.. i have praised him at times.. so I'm not entirely a Buckley basher.. you seem to love him unconditionally. Good/bad.. you seem to treat him like he's your own son.

You seem to just want to character assisinate me to lend weight to your argument.. seems to go unnoticed.. but when i attempt it right back at you I'm the guilty party.

You have yet to say one bad word about him that i can recall.. i have praised him at times.. so I'm not entirely a Buckley basher.. you seem to love him unconditionally. Good/bad.. you seem to treat him like he's your own son.
I haven't character assassinated you at all, but since you have accused me of it - you are delusional!

I haven't character assassinated you at all, but since you have accused me of it - you are delusional!

Hahahahaha.

You're questioning my integrity. I did say i played competitive soccer for 17.. i give you the federer eg.. and you turn it around and use it agst me to say 'i don't believe you've played team sport'.. it's an illustration of the effects a coach can have on a player. Another eg.. that 'I've reverted back to my old ways'. And what is your way? Get off your high horse seriously.

My way is 'a' way.

You're delusional!

Hahahahaha.

You're questioning my integrity. I did say i played competitive soccer for 17.. i give you the federer eg.. and you turn it around and use it agst me to say 'i don't believe you've played team sport'.. it's an illustration of the effects a coach can have on a player. Another eg.. that 'I've reverted back to my old ways'. And what is your way? Get off your high horse seriously.

My way is 'a' way.

You're delusional!
:'(

A sign of the times.

Grandmas have gone from knitting in their free time to arguing with random people behind a screen over a football club.

Oh how I love the internet.

(No disrespect to you Maggie I just thought it was an appropriate joke for this moment) <3

A sign of the times.

Grandmas have gone from knitting in their free time to arguing with random people behind a screen over a football club.

Oh how I love the internet.

(No disrespect to you Maggie I just thought it was an appropriate joke for this moment) <3

nice put-down and the "no disrespect" thing was a nice added touch...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back