Leagues BFA Premier League Discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
This league is the top flight of the BFA promotion/relegation leagues, where at the end of the year the bottom four teams at the end of the minor round are relegated to League 2 next year. The top four teams (i.e. the preliminary finalists) from League 2 this year will be promoted to Premier League next year. Good luck everyone!

Here are the Premier League teams along with their bigfooty name:

Chipmunk - Translation
MITS - Smell me finger
South of the Yarra - Vanessa's Gorgeous
MowShow - FC Hewat
shotgun_blues - Disunited United
balmainforever - I Hate Love Songs
Souup - Kangaroo Soup
DaTBird187 - Cobra Kai FC SCE
madbomber8 - remps88
Jack The Godfather - Cockarfitt
SELFCONFESDAFLNERD - THE2020SCWINNER
Gigantic - Toe Bashers
metallica023 - Brownies Bandits
pincrusher - Pincrusher
hsaklag - Thrillings
Glorin - Glorin
samFFC - Sam's FFC
WaynesWorld19 - ???

Last edited:
Great idea for a league, looking forward to this
Yep we've been doing promotion/relegation leagues through the safooty forum for a few years and the top leagues are very strong and there is lots of interest in getting promoted and, of course, avoiding relegation! :oops:

1584551509758.jpeg

SEASON PREVIEW

So round 1 is happening (apparently), so the Premier League is on! 1 winner, 4 relegated.

WHAT’S CHANGED?

Due to the 17 round season, here’s a summary:
- 30 trades, 2 per round (unchanged)
- Player prices will change after 2 rounds, not 3
- the finals series will be rounds 14-17
- no byes
- Games shortened to 16 minutes plus time

ROUND SUMMARIES

I plan to write brief round summaries and previews for the following week. Hope they’re useful!

ROUND 1

I don’t believe they’ve confirmed that leagues start in round 1. Surely they do??

CHIPMUNK’S LOCK AND RISK OF THE ROUND

(this isn’t really advice):

Lock: Marlion Pickett (RIC, MID $123,900). Rookie priced, named, will get you money. Lock him in your team or bench.
Risk: Tom Lynch (RIC, FWD $388,800). Had a great back end of last season and could be a keeper at that price. Is it worth picking a key forward in this unusual season?

Good luck!

Well, I don't know about that.

Maybe tomorrow then.

Edit: actually, I have no rush. Could do as part of the Round 2 preview (eventually).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1591635370296.png

ROUND 2

So where were we? The last time I wrote on this thread I'd pretty much just joined BigFooty!

Basically 5 trades this week. Dump those who are dropped and have high BEs. Neale and Dangerfield are tempting.

I have to recognise DaTBird187 's score of 2349 and SELFCONFESDAFLNERD ’s score of 2346 in round 1. <- RANKED 385 and 424, get around them!!

1591636251641.png

CHIPMUNK'S LOCK AND RISK OF THE WEEK

Lock: Jack Viney (MEL, $439,300). He got a 186 and has a BE of -19. What more do you want?
Risk: Max Gawn (MEL, $697,100). With a BE of 172, will you keep him or swap to a cheaper ruck for cash generation?

FIXTURES - ROUND 2

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD (2nd, 4) v madbomber8 (11th, 0)
DaTBird187 (1st, 4) v Glorin (17th, 0)
pincrusher (10th, 0) v samFFC (8th, 4)
shotgun_blues (6th, 4) v Gigantic (18th, 0)
WaynesWorld19 (3rd, 4) v hsaklag (9th, 4)
Chipmunk (12th, 0) v Jack The Godfather (13th, 0)
balmainforever (5th, 4) v MITS (16th, 0)
South of the Yarra (15th, 0) v metallica023 (7th, 4)
MowShow (4th, 4) v Souup (14th, 0)

Last edited:
I can't for the life of me find a trade that doesn't seem unnecessary. Dumping 'The Bont' seems rash, when I consider him a year long keeper.

1592150023492.png

WEEK 2 RESULTS

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD 2331 Def madbomber8 1925
DaTBird187 2344 Def Glorin 2322
pincrusher 2259 Def samFFC 2017
shotgun_blues 2179 Def Gigantic 2119
WaynesWorld19 2122 Def hsaklag 2121
Chipmunk 2022 Def by Jack The Godfather 2367
balmainforever 2043 Def by MITS 2202
South of the Yarra 2164 Def by metallica023 2244
MowShow 2184 Def by Souup 2277

NAILED IT / UNLUCKY OF THE WEEK

Nailed It - SELFCONFESDAFLNERD and DaTBird187 2344 are flying high in representing our league, with overall ranks of 57 and 33 respectively!! They weren't even the highest scorers of the week, with Jack The Godfather having a weekly rank of 1,282
Unlucky - hsaklag - losing by 1 is always a tough break. King and Dunkley did just enough to get WaynesWorld19 the win.

CHIPMUNKS LOCK / RISK OF THE WEEK
Lock - Marc Pittonet (CAR, RUC $236,200). Want an R3? This guy got 134 points against Gawn. If he tons up in the next 2 weeks he'll get you $140k.
Risk - Dan Houston (POR, DEF $464,600). this is for the 27% of Supercoach owners. Yes, he's ****. And he's lost $20k. And he's got a BE of 123. But he does play mid. Is he the biggest problem in your team?

WEEK 3 FIXTURES

SELFCONFESDAFLNERD (1st, 8) v DaTBird187 (2nd, 8)
pincrusher (6th, 4) v madbomber8 1925 (18th, 0)
shotgun_blues (4th, 8) v Glorin (15th, 0)
WaynesWorld19 (3rd, 8) v samFFC (13th, 4)
Chipmunk (17th, 0) v Gigantic (16th, 0)
balmainforever (10th, 4) v hsaklag (9th, 4)
South of the Yarra (14th, 0) v Jack The Godfather (7th, 4)
MowShow (8th, 4) v MITS (12th, 4)
Souup (11th, 4) v metallica023 (5th, 8)

Good luck!

Last edited:
I can't for the life of me find a trade that doesn't seem unnecessary. Dumping 'The Bont' seems rash, when I consider him a year long keeper.

Disregard.

* off Bont.

Hows my luck of the draw in this league. Played 1st and 2nd and now 4th this week! Not great in a short season.🤣

You're the only one who made me nervous this week.

You're the only one who made me nervous this week.
Any chance you could give me a little insight into Todd Marshall ? Know very little but the numbers around him are very juicy and he is going under the radar.
I can bring him in to cover Smith and piss off BZT at same time. Was going to bring in Petrraca so that trade is down the drain aswell.
Any risk in short term bringing him in? Not competing for a spot? Have missed your matches this year, so any info would be appreciated.

Any chance you could give me a little insight into Todd Marshall ? Know very little but the numbers around him are very juicy and he is going under the radar.
I can bring him in to cover Smith and piss off BZT at same time. Was going to bring in Petrraca so that trade is down the drain aswell.
Any risk in short term bringing him in? Not competing for a spot? Have missed your matches this year, so any info would be appreciated.

I think this year is his time to explode. The last 18 months he has lost both parents and clearly not been 100%. Super talented and particularly good below his knees and has great foot skills.

I think this year is his time to explode. The last 18 months he has lost both parents and clearly not been 100%. Super talented and particularly good below his knees and has great foot skills.
Thanks for that. That info will come in handy if the season continues....

Let me know if I can return the favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back