BFFCL End of Season Survey

Remove this Banner Ad

Best way to go is probably to have short seasons more frequently, have a T20 comp run over a month - short break - Test over 2 months - short break - OD over 2 months cycle through each format so you're not saturating imo.
This would mean a single round robin would be better suited rather than a double round robin for the season, as you’d also want at least two weeks of finals. Or multiple games in a game, something that we’ll be trialing next season.

TAE had to be put down because I ran everybody off the forum. Sports_Freak could attest to that! In the end it was just me and Collingwood running the comps and a dozen or so regulars who would log in. (I wonder what happened to PieInTheSky? Eth_Dog is here, so thats a big plus for rustling some jimmies). Anyway, Maj & I did the B&F for over a year for both RFFL & TAEFCL. There was negligible activity so Collingwood shut it down on 31st December, 2015. If we want to borrow something from TAE, I would say bring Collingwood here. He was meticulous in running the leagues. Other than that, I can volunteer for some things and try and get my groove on.
Yeah, I’d be interested to see eth-dog captain here again. And I remember The Majestic playing at the Swamprats seasons ago in the SFA. I don’t know about trying to ring the people back, it’s more the ideas and what worked from the league.

Yeah, I’d be interested to see eth-dog captain here again. And I remember The Majestic playing at the Swamprats seasons ago in the SFA. I don’t know about trying to ring the people back, it’s more the ideas and what worked from the league.

When I joined, TAE was already waning. So, I havent seen it in it's glory years. Thats why I suggested we try & bring Col here because he knows what was done correctly... or maybe not. Maybe sportsmaniac89 could shed some light.

I talked with Maj and he said he is happy offline.

1. Should there by another season? No
2. Did you like the combination of the formats in the one thread? Yes
2a. Is there anything that could be improved on in this department? No, not really. Maybe, uploading them more consistently.
3. What worked this season? I like the small interaction I had with others.
4. What didn't work this season? There was a clear lack of activity and interest
5. Are the any competitions that you would like to see run throughout the BFFCL Season? No.
6. What could benefit or increase the activity within the BFFCL? I think the only way to build interest would be to become a SFA sub-board as suggested early.
7. What other boards would be good to recruit from? SFA
8. Would you be open to helping out around the BFFCL? No
9. Anything else I forgot, that you would to add or suggest for the league? It was a fun experiment, but sadly I just can't see it getting better.

1. Should there by another season? No
2. Did you like the combination of the formats in the one thread? Yes
2a. Is there anything that could be improved on in this department? No, not really. Maybe, uploading them more consistently.
3. What worked this season? I like the small interaction I had with others.
4. What didn't work this season? There was a clear lack of activity and interest
5. Are the any competitions that you would like to see run throughout the BFFCL Season? No.
6. What could benefit or increase the activity within the BFFCL? I think the only way to build interest would be to become a SFA sub-board as suggested early.
7. What other boards would be good to recruit from? SFA
8. Would you be open to helping out around the BFFCL? No
9. Anything else I forgot, that you would to add or suggest for the league? It was a fun experiment, but sadly I just can't see it getting better.
Agree with much of this. Cadaver appeared to lose interest and I'd forget or not know when to check in. That impacted my investment.

Got a rebrand in mind over the offseason akkaps ?
Haven't really thought about it, to be honest.
Probably will be contacting all captains and seeing if they are still interested, and making sure that there is a VC or co-cap (as a fall back) for all teams.
If captains are not interested, will contact higher up members in the squad to lead, and if I can't find someone, look into SFA-affiliated clubs to have an even number of teams. Hoping to start a 5 week T20 comp about mid-July and then re-evaluate from there.
Do you have any ideas? Or, anyone else?

Haven't really thought about it, to be honest.
Probably will be contacting all captains and seeing if they are still interested, and making sure that there is a VC or co-cap (as a fall back) for all teams.
If captains are not interested, will contact higher up members in the squad to lead, and if I can't find someone, look into SFA-affiliated clubs to have an even number of teams. Hoping to start a 5 week T20 comp about mid-July and then re-evaluate from there.
Do you have any ideas? Or, anyone else?
Not really any groundbreaking ideas. Maybe rename the league into the Sweet Fantasy Cricket League if you don't have a more creative name. Instead of trying to go full SFA-affiliate club allow the BFFCL teams to maintain their own brand identity but just partner with an SFA team like the Sydney Thunder and GWS Giants e.g. use the same ground facilities that Mobbs made in the Sweet FA world, also setup some rules that allow BFFCL teams to recruit directly from their partner SFA club i.e. without going through a draft or sign-up thread if that's manageable?

Not really any groundbreaking ideas. Maybe rename the league into the Sweet Fantasy Cricket League if you don't have a more creative name. Instead of trying to go full SFA-affiliate club allow the BFFCL teams to maintain their own brand identity but just partner with an SFA team like the Sydney Thunder and GWS Giants e.g. use the same ground facilities that Mobbs made in the Sweet FA world, also setup some rules that allow BFFCL teams to recruit directly from their partner SFA club i.e. without going through a draft or sign-up thread if that's manageable?
SFCL, or the Sweet Cricket Association (SCA)? But that connection to the BFFCL by just changing BigFooty to Sweet probably works best.
In terms of partnering up, kinda like how the VFL and other state leagues are used as seconds teams, whereby they keep their names and identity and just use players off the list.
I understand what you mean by the second point, start playing games on the SFA map rather than the Australian map. Would really love to see this happen, and am all for it, as it brings to two together. I remember late last year a push by some of the other captains to cover the Australia with BFFCL teams. Leave that for SoO, etc?
It's the same rules that apply in the BFFCL that apply in the SFA for recruitment, the 24hr rule does mean that all teams do have a chance to sign the player. However, what I think may be limiting, and something I pushed for was that a team cannot suggest a role (Pure Bat, etc) for any new players. And that new players should be able to play as what they want in the BFFCL. This meant many teams didn't pick up players because of the role that they had chosen, and I was guilty of that in someway, as I started to look purely for Pure Bowl rather than anything else, I even recruited over the off-season knowing who would prefer the Pure Bowl role in the BFFCL.
I think the comp should be ran during the offseasons of SFA to create more interest and activities.

The two month thing Cloud mention would work if it that occurs during the off season.
That is something that will be starting from this SFA off-season, and with the WC being play now as well, it will aid in driving activity.
There will be some overlap in the seasons, however, as it's going to be almost impossible to finish before the start of the SFA, but the crossover is minimal.

SFCL, or the Sweet Cricket Association (SCA)? But that connection to the BFFCL by just changing BigFooty to Sweet probably works best.
In terms of partnering up, kinda like how the VFL and other state leagues are used as seconds teams, whereby they keep their names and identity and just use players off the list.
I understand what you mean by the second point, start playing games on the SFA map rather than the Australian map. Would really love to see this happen, and am all for it, as it brings to two together. I remember late last year a push by some of the other captains to cover the Australia with BFFCL teams. Leave that for SoO, etc?
It's the same rules that apply in the BFFCL that apply in the SFA for recruitment, the 24hr rule does mean that all teams do have a chance to sign the player. However, what I think may be limiting, and something I pushed for was that a team cannot suggest a role (Pure Bat, etc) for any new players. And that new players should be able to play as what they want in the BFFCL. This meant many teams didn't pick up players because of the role that they had chosen, and I was guilty of that in someway, as I started to look purely for Pure Bowl rather than anything else, I even recruited over the off-season knowing who would prefer the Pure Bowl role in the BFFCL.

That is something that will be starting from this SFA off-season, and with the WC being play now as well, it will aid in driving activity.
There will be some overlap in the seasons, however, as it's going to be almost impossible to finish before the start of the SFA, but the crossover is minimal.
If you want to possibly initiate it after the grand finals I can start talks about moving the forum over to the SFA board with mods and admin next week

If you want to possibly initiate it after the grand finals I can start talks about moving the forum over to the SFA board with mods and admin next week
What exactly would I need to do from my end?
I have already started on preparing for next season, working on a new logo for the SFCL and getting a structure up for a short T20 comp.

What exactly would I need to do from my end?
I have already started on preparing for next season, working on a new logo for the SFCL and getting a structure up for a short T20 comp.
I guess just branding, formatting, promoting? The stuff you usually do before any season. It's just a matter of relocating the forum so not much different.

1. Should there by another season?
Yes

1a. If yes; then which format or combination of formats?
Current format

2. Did you like the combination of the formats in the one thread?
Yes

2a. Is there anything that could be improved on in this department?
No T20s

3. What worked this season?
Kangaroos winning. I enjoy the Test and ODI formats.

4. What didn't work this season?
T20s too short.

5. Are the any competitions that you would like to see run throughout the BFFCL Season?
Not fussed.

6. What could benefit or increase the activity within the BFFCL?
Threads on team boards encouraging posters to play.

7. What other boards would be good to recruit from?
Team boards.

8. Would you be open to helping out around the BFFCL?
Never say never.

8a. If yes, where?
Wherever needed.

Pretty much this for me also. Not sure if I’d have time to assist but otherwise pretty much this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much boils down to the issues I had when I kickstarted it twice if I recall correctly: Theres only enough room for activity in one fantasy run SIM game on Bigfooty. We need to run the BFFCL in the off-season of the SFA, which gives it a very limited window and a very reduced chance of consistency.

Its just the scenario its in unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back