Not open for further replies.
Can i join?
Name: Edmund
What position do you play: keeper/ batsman
What hand do you bat with:Right
Number:any
Prefered team: ( don't have one)
How did you hear about the BBLCL: browsing furoms

Test Player (chose one; pure batsman, keeper, batting all-rounder, pure allrounder, bowling all rounder, pure bowler): Keeper
One Day Player (chose one; pure batsman, keeper, batting all-rounder, pure allrounder, bowling all rounder, pure bowler): Batsman

Can i also join
Name: Bluemaster1
What position do you play: Bowling Allrounder
What hand do you bat with:Right
Number: 7 or 8
Prefered team: ( don't have one)
How did you hear about the BBLCL:browsing furoms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the biggest thing last time was me running out of spare time in the day to run the show, SIM, chase up teams and confirm things.

And threads got reasonably quiet the further the seasons went on. I would like to see us try and do the same rotation of Test Series > ODIs > T20s over the course of the year, but really depends on numbers and who can help out. It was a struggle even getting help positing the matches.

Would it possible to start with 4 completely new and fresh teams?? Means two games a week and a 6 week season followed by a final at the end.

I understand loyalty. But can we do this right?? Last time we took existing teams that were only active with 2-3 players. If we can start with a full 11-12 active players to begin with. It will mean higher active and more marketing power for possible expansion.

Also start with ODs or T20s as they only require one day a week of posting and not throwing us in the deep end of having to post games five days a week.

Also keen to do an all star match like last time against an SFA side. Though I’m not running it this time.

The main things that it hasn't worked properly before is the season is to long and players from the SFA play in the same sides here and the banter is the same and boring.

Make it 6 teams.
T/20 only play 10 games H/A then top 4 finals 1 v 4, 2 v 3 - winners to GF
You could play a few games a week??
Tests 5 games H/A top 2 into GF

Basically if you play a few T/20's a week you could get two seasons a year.

The main things that it hasn't worked properly before is the season is to long and players from the SFA play in the same sides here and the banter is the same and boring.

Make it 6 teams.
T/20 only play 10 games H/A then top 4 finals 1 v 4, 2 v 3 - winners to GF
You could play a few games a week??
Tests 5 games H/A top 2 into GF

Basically if you play a few T/20's a week you could get two seasons a year.
How about this:
6 teams, in two game threads. So three teams in one thread and three teams in the other thread. The thread title would be Team A v Team B v Team C. And games on Mon, Wed, and Fri. with each team playing on two of three games for that week. If we would do 10 games, that would take 5 weeks to complete. And it should increase the activity within the thread as there are three teams instead of two in the game thread. And would mean that we'd be creating less match threads and less admin from the mods side.

Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back